Golden Rivers FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was interesting to read in previous posts about the three boys trying out for pioneers at swan hill.I think Matty Ladson should get a gig or come close to getting a gig on the pioneers squad as he is well built and definately has the skills and class to mix it with some of the best. But he may need to lower his 3km time trial by at least 30 seconds in the low 11's or high 10's to be a real chance. Also can anyone fill me in how good is Aiden Murphy from wandella? Heard he wasn't bad.

I think if Matty Ladson doesnt get in Next year, there is something bloody wrong.. Its unfortanate they would look at us this league cos its a minnor league not a major... 1s football is 1000 times better than if he had to plays 3rds in a major league, cos thats what he played this season 1s at Macorna... His a bloody good footballer, and a good kid..

Wayne 'Pegs' Mitrovic to Wyche next year.....

Yes thats unfortanate true.. Talkin to him on the wkend and wants 2 play with his mate Josh White out there. Bit sad after only a couple of games this year with us... All best Metro out there, was a laugh havin u round the club... All best mate:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Wayne 'Pegs' Mitrovic to Wyche next year.....

Where does Metro live???

Can we get some reports on some clubs to get a better understanding of what the league will be like next season?? Haven't heard a lot lately....
Nully - Look to be losing Moose Poyner, but should retain most others. have recruited pretty well with Brad Ryan, Andrew Ryan a chance, Scott Baxter, Scott Smith, Brett Smith back playing after a year off, Snake Robertson and Lachie Paull. Hopefully a couple of others not to far away.
Macorna - Have lost Metro but are usually there abouts. Any recruits signed???
Wandella - Appear to be going again and are sounding like they will have a handy team.
Murrabit - Billy McGowan a good recruit, is he bringing others?? Has Josh Bray gone to Kerang?? Is Brad Hein staying on??
Moula - Nothing heard about Lee Anderson, is he coaching. Kane Evans back to Swan Hill, anyone else coming/going??
Ultima - Have Pat Mahon coaching, but as he was already a player there can he lure others out?? Promising reports early but its all gone quiet now.
Hay - Got the money, can't get the players
Wakool - Does this town still exist?? Haven't heard boo from them.
Quamby - Do they have a coach yet?? Have heard they are trying a few players from the Swan Hill area which is good to hear. Hopefully they can secure a few and be competitive again next season.

Has been pretty quiet so trying to get some discussion. What can people add to this???

Where does Metro live???

Can we get some reports on some clubs to get a better understanding of what the league will be like next season?? Haven't heard a lot lately....
Nully - Look to be losing Moose Poyner, but should retain most others. have recruited pretty well with Brad Ryan, Andrew Ryan a chance, Scott Baxter, Scott Smith, Brett Smith back playing after a year off, Snake Robertson and Lachie Paull. Hopefully a couple of others not to far away.
Wandella - Appear to be going again and are sounding like they will have a handy team.
Murrabit - Billy McGowan a good recruit, is he bringing others?? Has Josh Bray gone to Kerang?? Is Brad Hein staying on??
Moula - Nothing heard about Lee Anderson, is he coaching. Kane Evans back to Swan Hill, anyone else coming/going??
Ultima - Have Pat Mahon coaching, but as he was already a player there can he lure others out?? Promising reports early but its all gone quiet now.
Quamby - Do they have a coach yet?? Have heard they are trying a few players from the Swan Hill area which is good to hear. Hopefully they can secure a few and be competitive again next season.

Has been pretty quiet so trying to get some discussion. What can people add to this???

you sure you've got him?

Eastern Swans Football Club Mackay Queensland, is looking for a senior coach and players. The Swans finished runners up in last years Mackay AFL competition.

Mackay is a booming mining city, which services the Bowen basin. Great work opportunities available.

If interested, call Troy Stephens on 0434 593 762 or send a private message to me (loopyboots).

Where does Metro live???

Moose poyner staying jason hewitt signed losing kyle doran to Ballarat lexton i think on bit of cash

Moose poyner staying jason hewitt signed losing kyle doran to Ballarat lexton i think on bit of cash

Not sure about all this Keithy...Moose to Bridgewater where Egga is assistant coach is my guess. Racer Hewitt hasn't signed but is a chance, and couldn't see Kyle being offered too much money yet....he wouldn't even know if or where he is going to uni yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does Metro live???

Brett smith is Nully's best recruit. Would of kept himself is peak fitness knowing Baz.

Hay have picked up 5 from Darwin. Havent heard boo from wakool way. They have a new president and new vice president. Both came through their 2nd AGM they had 2 weeks ago.

Brett smith is Nully's best recruit. Would of kept himself is peak fitness knowing Baz.

Hay have picked up 5 from Darwin. Havent heard boo from wakool way. They have a new president and new vice president. Both came through their 2nd AGM they had 2 weeks ago.
Hay also picked up couple of blokes from Wodonga moving there with work.Adrian "The rat" Williams-will dominate that league-played a few O&M reserve games this year and polled votes in all of them and Yarrod Hamilton-young gun about 20 yrs old.

He signed up the same night Snake did in early October.

Bit of news for you here old mate. You can sign with as many clubs as you like until February. Just ask Sonny Lindsay and a few of that type. From what I hear he as trained at his old club and was very happy with what was going on. Anyway I might be wrong but from what I have been told he is built like tarzan and plays like Jane.

Bit of news for you here old mate. You can sign with as many clubs as you like until February. Just ask Sonny Lindsay and a few of that type. From what I hear he as trained at his old club and was very happy with what was going on. Anyway I might be wrong but from what I have been told he is built like tarzan and plays like Jane.[/quote]

Yeah I have seen him play before and he is a big unit for his age and is definitely Tarzan. He 'sometimes' plays like Jane but will be a handy pick up and he should do well in the GRL.

Bit of news for you here old mate. You can sign with as many clubs as you like until February. Just ask Sonny Lindsay and a few of that type. From what I hear he as trained at his old club and was very happy with what was going on. Anyway I might be wrong but from what I have been told he is built like tarzan and plays like Jane.

I don't know the boy (Lachie Paull) but are you trying to say he is a screw loose like Sonny and 'a few of that type'??? I hear he is a good kid that loves the gym. I understand the point you are trying to make though, as over the past 2 years Nully has signed Darcy Ryan, then last year Brian Burke as Assistant Coach, only for them to piss off a month or two later. But I was asked if we have him and he has signed, thats all I know. From what I hear Woorinen have been pushing utes around the Ken Harrison Reserve for thier pre-season training....that can't be that enjoyable!!!

Yes thats unfortanate true.. Talkin to him on the wkend and wants 2 play with his mate Josh White out there. Bit sad after only a couple of games this year with us... All best Metro out there, was a laugh havin u round the club... All best mate:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yer was talking to him today seems really keen to have a run at wyche, thats if his groin holds up. Supposed injury from his honeymoon. Not sure if he can step back up to a better standard of football though.

Yer was talking to him today seems really keen to have a run at wyche, thats if his groin holds up. Supposed injury from his honeymoon. Not sure if he can step back up to a better standard of football though.

you're kidding aren't you, he dominated the bendigo league

That is stupid..... He will kill em, prob could even win a league B & F.. His goin to have an operation on it, than after that he should be back to normal... He will be a GUN recruit in that league... And will be good at the socail events.....

Not sure about all this Keithy...Moose to Bridgewater where Egga is assistant coach is my guess. Racer Hewitt hasn't signed but is a chance, and couldn't see Kyle being offered too much money yet....he wouldn't even know if or where he is going to uni yet.

i'm fairly sure the papers have been handed over to the doran camp to have a look at and sign maybe!

Is your hat on too tight mate ? Back in 04 - 05 he was easily in the best 10 players in the bendigo league. The only thing that will pull him up is his groin problems ( excuse the pun ). If he is anywhere near fit around finals time, he will be far to good for your so called better standard. He's a great player and i hope he goes well next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back