Golden Rivers FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just been reading about pakistan cricket bribe allegations ,wandella prob involved in that 2 !! Don't feel the need to justify losing to a top 4 side but will anyway .Last time wandella played quamby the side was missing will callow,chum,kyle gillingham,lauchy bott are a few that come to mind and were beatn by a hungry team that wanted its finals spot.

Wandella appear to be in a difficult position.

If they lost on purpose, it's highly indicative of the general attitude and arrogance around the club.

Otherwise, it marks the beginning of a genuine decline in form for the Bombers, especially after their efforts against Nullawill on the weekend.

Either way, the future doesn't look bright.

Wandella appear to be in a difficult position.

If they lost on purpose, it's highly indicative of the general attitude and arrogance around the club.

Otherwise, it marks the beginning of a genuine decline in form for the Bombers, especially after their efforts against Nullawill on the weekend.

Either way, the future doesn't look bright.
Decline in form!! a win by 5pts against a team in nulli that won the same amount of games in the home and away season surely you don't need me to tell you how stupid that sounds.The future doesn't look bright!!big call considering wandella have played in 5 of the last 6 grand finals

Decline in form!! a win by 5pts against a team in nulli that won the same amount of games in the home and away season surely you don't need me to tell you how stupid that sounds.The future doesn't look bright!!big call considering wandella have played in 5 of the last 6 grand finals

And exactly how much longer would you expect a run like that to continue, taking into consideration the people at the helm and the way they manage their list? Time will tell.

And exactly how much longer would you expect a run like that to continue, taking into consideration the people at the helm and the way they manage their list? Time will tell.

As a former Wandella player let me state some facts. Wandella and its supporters would have to be to be the most arrogant one eyed supporters going round. At times I wish that I had never been associatied with the the Club. Remember all clubs have skeletons in the closet, Wandella seem to forget that over the years they have had many. Now they are being led by a former thug, when he wore black & white his reputation was well known. As for they Gillingham bullshit, were his words " Come on have a go" or similar. Why was he never asked to give evidence? Probably because of his knickname "SAB" (soft as butter) If Wandella want to become the most hated Club in the League continue down the road you are travelling. Let me make a suggestion to the Club, and those running it, take a step back, have a look at yourselves, take the positives dispell the Negatives and continue forward. Good Luck for the future.

Dry weather only Nackas.

Whats with all the Wandella bashing? For those of you who think they laid down against Quamby in the last round then you obviously were not at the game, it was a fiercely fought contest throughout and the only player of note absent from their line up was Lachie Bott. Maybe they did not have much to play for, maybe quamby deserve some credit, but to say they laid down to avoid Ultima making the finals is laughable. Wandella would hand Ultima their arse by quarter time in a final.

Looking back at results this year against Wandella v Ultima, scores were pretty close at half time, it also showed your side could only manage 1.3 aginst Wandella during the first round. Hope you do plenty of work in the pool ready for next season.

[/b]

Looking back at results this year against Wandella v Ultima, scores were pretty close at half time, it also showed your side could only manage 1.3 aginst Wandella during the first round. Hope you do plenty of work in the pool ready for next season.

They smashed us first time round, we scraped over the line second time round. What's your point? Wandella finished top, Ultima 5th, enough said.

aaaah kid you are a silly little boy!
Mahon didn't pull anything out of his arse as all your supporters claim 'king hit' is not something out of the arse...quite in the open apparantly according to evidence. amazing some of the witnesses that have provided info to the two differnet judicial organisations. also it was noted and heard that several supporters of your evil organisation were heard to say that at least there is one positive to come out of the loss and that is that ultima couldn't make the four...you think your the swan hill & tyntynder of the grfl, telling the league what they can and can't do.

snibbs lets be fair dinkum you get beat by wandella by almost 19 goals early in the year at QUAMBATOOK and you travel to WANDELLA and win and you say they only had one noteable out. you guys weren't a 10 goal better team at the end of the year and Wandella weren't 10 goals worse. they may not have layed down but i would guarantee they nursed and didn't give 100%

It was 14 goals, not 19. Ruddi has confirmed that other than those with season ending injuries the only other player of note absent was L. Bott. I'm sure A. Bates and J. Camm could have been fairly handy as well.
You may have played games giving less tha 100% but i think that is foreign to most players I have ever played against.
FWIW I think Wandella and Nullawil are a class above all other sides. Home and away results mean little if you cant perform when it matters, which, incidently, Wandella have had a habit of doing of late.

It was 14 goals, not 19. Ruddi has confirmed that other than those with season ending injuries the only other player of note absent was L. Bott. I'm sure A. Bates and J. Camm could have been fairly handy as well.
You may have played games giving less tha 100% but i think that is foreign to most players I have ever played against.
FWIW I think Wandella and Nullawil are a class above all other sides. Home and away results mean little if you cant perform when it matters, which, incidently, Wandella have had a habit of doing of late.

didn't this guy have a broken collar bone? thought he was suing the fed for sustaining a broken collarbone must have been a miraculous turnaround to be fairly handy. i would be surprised if wandella have the depth to shut down murrabit and wandella players and not these two.

anyone got any more burley for me i have thrown far too much out and the fish are biting...

They smashed us first time round, we scraped over the line second time round. What's your point?

As it always has been: a pretty quick turnaround for one (or both) side/s in a period of less than ten weeks, especially with 'no notable outs' for Wandella.

Nullawill took Quambatook to the cleaners a short fortnight earlier; yet Wandella couldn't even manage a victory, no matter how small? Just the facts.

I think Wandella and Nullawil are a class above all other sides

But not Quambatook in the final round?

As it always has been: a pretty quick turnaround for one (or both) side/s in a period of less than ten weeks, especially with 'no notable outs' for Wandella.

Nullawill took Quambatook to the cleaners a short fortnight earlier; yet Wandella couldn't even manage a victory, no matter how small? Just the facts.

But not Quambatook in the final round?

Even the best sides are entitled to bad days. That doesn't mean their not having a crack though. Collingwood beat Geelong by 70pts a couple of years ago, Geelong won the flag, does that mean Geelong were not trying? I think not. Consistency is the key.
By the way I regard L.Bott as a noticeable out.

Gloves, my statement about Bates was inferring that it would have been fairly handy if he had played. He didn't.

Been thinking lately about the grand final. I personally think the league should drop the neutrality crap and stage it every year at either Quamby, Murrabit or Ultima, no matter who's in it. Rotating it through these venues each year. This is no indictment on any other clubs facities or surface just my feelings due to the proximity of these grounds within the league. It isn't going to matter where it's played because the best side will win each year and if you have to win a grand final against a team on their home ground i'm sure it makes it much sweeter! Thought i'd just go through each venue and give my reasons for choosing them:

Quamby: a lot has been said about their change rooms but last time i saw the game is won on the field, with their's being the best in our league and possibly best in our whole area. Also plenty of parking.

Murrabit: also plenty of parking and the surface is usually pretty good. It was staged there for 10-15 years (not sure exact number) and was always a good day there. Also reasonably close to kerang.

Ultima: closest ground to Swan Hill and with the CMFL usually playing their prelim final at far flung places like tooleybuc or barham or cohuna most people in swan hill would rather head out to ultima if they are not connected to the sides playing in the prelim. Also if it hadn't been for the hoppers our ground would be looking pretty good. Plenty of parking also.

These are just my thoughts and i hope i haven't offended the other 6 clubs. Just thought i'd get a debate going on something that actually matters now and in the future for the league, instead of the round 18 wandella vs quamby game which will be forgotten about in a few weeks time!

couldnt agree more about finals venues. Ultima,murrabit and quamby good grounds. Macorna will be a tough ground to play on saturday and crowds will be down due to the rain. Any thoughts on GRFL vote count who will win B&F and Rookie of the Year.

Todays game comes down to who who plays these conditions the best. Both teams have some big fellas who will find the going pretty tough, especially on the Macorna ground which will be an absolute mess (through no fault of the Macorna F.C though) Nathan Henry wont kick many but his work at the contest will be very important. It may be a good day for big bad Billy McGowan. Ettershank or Hayes should get the better of Bedgegood but Nully still have good smalls to do the job.
Nully out in straight sets, Wandella Murrabit grang final.
Of course I will probably be proved completely wrong at 5pm today with billy kicking zero, Bedgey with 9 and nully through to a G.F.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

couldnt agree more about finals venues. Ultima,murrabit and quamby good grounds. Macorna will be a tough ground to play on saturday and crowds will be down due to the rain. Any thoughts on GRFL vote count who will win B&F and Rookie of the Year.[/quote]

Good to see close, hard faught contests in the 2's and seniors today, despite conditions.
Bede Mahon for B&F
Justin Robinson for Rookie.

Been thinking lately about the grand final. I personally think the league should drop the neutrality crap and stage it every year at either Quamby, Murrabit or Ultima, no matter who's in it. Rotating it through these venues each year. This is no indictment on any other clubs facities or surface just my feelings due to the proximity of these grounds within the league. It isn't going to matter where it's played because the best side will win each year and if you have to win a grand final against a team on their home ground i'm sure it makes it much sweeter! Thought i'd just go through each venue and give my reasons for choosing them:

Quamby: a lot has been said about their change rooms but last time i saw the game is won on the field, with their's being the best in our league and possibly best in our whole area. Also plenty of parking.

Murrabit: also plenty of parking and the surface is usually pretty good. It was staged there for 10-15 years (not sure exact number) and was always a good day there. Also reasonably close to kerang.

Ultima: closest ground to Swan Hill and with the CMFL usually playing their prelim final at far flung places like tooleybuc or barham or cohuna most people in swan hill would rather head out to ultima if they are not connected to the sides playing in the prelim. Also if it hadn't been for the hoppers our ground would be looking pretty good. Plenty of parking also.

These are just my thoughts and i hope i haven't offended the other 6 clubs. Just thought i'd get a debate going on something that actually matters now and in the future for the league, instead of the round 18 wandella vs quamby game which will be forgotten about in a few weeks time!

Agree with all of the above.

Todays game comes down to who who plays these conditions the best. Both teams have some big fellas who will find the going pretty tough, especially on the Macorna ground which will be an absolute mess (through no fault of the Macorna F.C though) Nathan Henry wont kick many but his work at the contest will be very important. It may be a good day for big bad Billy McGowan. Ettershank or Hayes should get the better of Bedgegood but Nully still have good smalls to do the job.
Nully out in straight sets, Wandella Murrabit grang final.
Of course I will probably be proved completely wrong at 5pm today with billy kicking zero, Bedgey with 9 and nully through to a G.F.

Top two teams playing off in the Grand Final in nearly every grade, tis good to see. League best and fairest tonight could prove to be interesting! She's certainly an open field due to Callow going down with his knee injury, but could still well win it! Bede Mahon will poll well, as will Luke Maher again. Scott Matiske from Nully should also poll pretty well. She's anyones medal this year lads

Top two teams playing off in the Grand Final in nearly every grade, tis good to see. League best and fairest tonight could prove to be interesting! She's certainly an open field due to Callow going down with his knee injury, but could still well win it! Bede Mahon will poll well, as will Luke Maher again. Scott Matiske from Nully should also poll pretty well. She's anyones medal this year lads
Grand final not going to be under water this weekend the avoco looks full!!!

What is the ground going to be like?
Can anyone tell me how many games the Nully 2nds have won in row?

Ground looks fantastic. It is extremely unlikely that the ground or surrounds will be affected by the flooding Avoca, the concern is access to Quamby with water likley to spill over the road out of town.
Worst case scenario those travelling on the Kerang road can take the Sand Hill Lake road and would only take 5 mins extra.

How would one get from Tooleybuc to Quambatook in the fastest fashion and sticking to the limit?

Are there any back roads that one could take?

No back roads worth taking.

Head straight to Swan Hill, through town, take the Lalbert turn off to the right for about 5k then the Quamby tunrnoff to your left and follow your nose. That would be the quickest way I reckon and you wont encounter any flood issues on those roads.

Good luck to Nully in their respective grand finals this week. Once again, punching above their weight division with fantastic aplomb. Unfortunately, my dear old grandma will probably miss it this week due to heart surgery in Melb this week. I'm not ruling her out yet though!
Would be great if the boys got up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back