Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

God damn that last qtr was ugly, but we'll take 2-2.

Hard to work Kerr out...Donte, Kuminga and Moody were great in game 3 and get a combined 24 minutes in game 4.

Steph's numbers are good but feel he's had a below par series so far.

Steph's been great. If we were break even when he was off the court, we would have swept the series.

It's a comment that his team mates are so much better when he's on the floor (I believe we're more than 50 points per 100 possessions better throughout the playoffs so far with him on the court).

You can't just look at Steph's numbers to see his impact.

It's a comment that his team mates are so much better when he's on the floor (I believe we're more than 50 points per 100 possessions better throughout the playoffs so far with him on the court).

You can't just look at Steph's numbers to see his impact.
That would be quoting numbers, and then telling me not just to look at numbers.

I said his numbers were good.

But he's missed some clutch shots, had some odd turnovers, and forced things a bit with unecessary iso's...particularly in the losses, and of course the time out call almost put us 3-1 down.

I would expect him to now engineer a win away...it's what the superstars do.

Last edited:
3-2. It's such a tight series. Each game is close coming down to the final minutes.

Curry played 42 today... Normally plays 35-38.

Not sure it's sustainable for a playoff campaign, but match ups and form mean you have to take a different approach.

No minutes for Kuminga today too.

If you shoot 30% from 3 and 40% from the floor you ain't winning many playoff games.

Lucky to only be down 7 at the half, so unsurprisingly when we continues to not make shots eventually you pay for it.

Frustrating that we played so much iso ball and steeled to contested turnaround fadeaways.

Ball movement needed for game 7

A great 2nd half performance. Curry breaks the record for most points in a game 7 with 50! Plus his highest playoff score ever.

Totally outworked the kings on the glass, and could have closed out the game with a big lead in the 3rd had we made our free throws. I think we went around 11/20 after halftime (or something close to that).

Thompson, Wiggins, Green and Poole didn't have the best shooting night, but Curry keeping the score ticking over, and not letting the king's settle.

Thompson hit the dagger at the end of the 3rd with a 3 and 1. That was huge after playing the off the court in the 3rd we only lead by 6 until Klays bucket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just half arsed, self satisfied rubbish.

A Poole 30+ footer was the best tying shot we could manufacture with plenty of time?

People will squeal about the FT differential but that was a putrid game from us only masked by OK efficiency on a stupid amount of 3PA.

I didn't see the game other than a few mins in the 2nd quarter.

28 - 6 is an insane number. 24 fouls to 12. That's the kind of reffing I'd expect in div 9 open on a Thursday night.

I'm not shocked that we lost the game, I think we'll adjust over the series.

Kerr and co seem to be able to make the tactical changes as series go on, and we've only lost 2 under him.

Just half arsed, self satisfied rubbish.

A Poole 30+ footer was the best tying shot we could manufacture with plenty of time?

People will squeal about the FT differential but that was a putrid game from us only masked by OK efficiency on a stupid amount of 3PA.

40% an "OK efficiency"?

40% an "OK efficiency"?
We average .385. The score implication is an improvement of 1.75 points on the 53 shots taken.

Would very slightly above average work for you?

It was also the manner in which they were taken. We settled for threes, fadeaways and contested jumpers, often on the back of poor movement. We had a substantial 14 more fga's in the match and they still doubled our points in the paint.

Just a little bit of variety and we don't drop a second consecutive PO game at home.

Last edited:
As stated, it's barely better than average. I would have thought average and great are pretty distinct concepts, but semantics hey.

Kerr has hinted at some tweaks for G2. Here's hoping.
Kerr knows how to make adjustments. We looked like a vastly different side between game 6 and 7.

We've just got to get a split here and in LA and we're good to go.

As stated, it's barely better than average. I would have thought average and great are pretty distinct concepts, but semantics hey.

Kerr has hinted at some tweaks for G2. Here's hoping.

40% would have led the league, by more than 1%.It would have led the league by 3% last year. 40% has been shot by 1 team in the last 7 seasons. If you think league leading is "OK" or "barely better than average" I don't know what to say. I'm guessing Steph is only then a little bit better than average from 3s because he shoots 42%.

40% would have led the league, by more than 1%.It would have led the league by 3% last year. 40% has been shot by 1 team in the last 7 seasons. If you think league leading is "OK" or "barely better than average" I don't know what to say. I'm guessing Steph is only then a little bit better than average from 3s because he shoots 42%.
We didn't shoot 40%. We hit half a three more than our average per game. One more three per 100 attempts. 'Okay' seems a perfectly adequate description.

Odd hill to die on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back