Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Great response all round. Old school PG game from Stef, Klay found his shot, Dray hustled, and JMG and Wiggins hit enough shots to keep AD uncomfortable. Credit to Kerr for some brave adjustments.

Much better energy and generated quality looks.

Now 50% from three...that is great!

We didn't shoot 40%. We hit half a three more than our average per game. One more three per 100 attempts. 'Okay' seems a perfectly adequate description.

Odd hill to die on.

Odder hill to die on is thinking us shooting 39.6% from 3 is contributing to our loss (it wasn't why we lost Game 1). If someone said Warriors would hit 39.6% of our 3s I hope they would shoot 80 of them. It would be the most efficient offense in NBA history.

BTW 1 more 3 per 100 possessions would have bumped us up from the 10th best offense in the league to the 2nd best. Which would have been the 2nd greatest offensive rating of all time. Is that only "okay"?

Odder hill to die on is thinking us shooting 39.6% from 3 is contributing to our loss (it wasn't why we lost Game 1). If someone said Warriors would hit 39.6% of our 3s I hope they would shoot 80 of them. It would be the most efficient offense in NBA history.

BTW 1 more 3 per 100 possessions would have bumped us up from the 10th best offense in the league to the 2nd best. Which would have been the 2nd greatest offensive rating of all time. Is that only "okay"?
I never said we lost game 1 because of our 3p%. Quite the opposite. You saddled that horse.

I've never been more confused as to what constitutes a charge and letting with your shoulder ou're clearing out with the forearm. I know draymond is a flog, and never thinks he's fouled a player, but the refs have been really tight on calling charges I every playoff game today, expert when Davis was busy ploughing in to him.

So why did we get GPIII back if he is basically playing no mins? Kuminga no mins? Looney starts off the bench which results in early foul trouble for Green?

Not sure how we come back from G3

Poole attitude seems to be getting worse by the minute

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why did we get GPIII back if he is basically playing no mins? Kuminga no mins? Looney starts off the bench which results in early foul trouble for Green?

Not sure how we come back from G3

Poole attitude seems to be getting worse by the minute
Payton hasn't hit a three in the last 90mins or so of game time and given up a heap of open looks.

For us to stand any chance of breaking down the Lakers D we need anyone not named Stef & Klay to hit some shots and not allow Davis and Vanderbilt to sag back...I think it's as simple as that.

Kuminga looks janky as ever out there. Moody looks solid and at least getting to his spot.

Payton hasn't hit a three in the last 90mins or so of game time and given up a heap of open looks.

For us to stand any chance of breaking down the Lakers D we need anyone not named Stef & Klay to hit some shots and not allow Davis and Vanderbilt to sag back...I think it's as simple as that.

Kuminga looks janky as ever out there. Moody looks solid and at least getting to his spot.

I agree with ya

His attitude just stinks and you can now see Steph actually having words to him during games when he starts to ignore instructions

Must admit this was kind of my feel...he's carried us to four rings, so context and all, but it is a small spot on the CV.

View attachment 1683466
We win going away from teams or running them down (and blitzing past them). If we hold a reasonable lead (~10 points) going in to the last quarter and the game gets tight, we often struggle in clutch time.

Today we kept them at the 11ish lead pretty much the entire 2nd half. Can't remember giving up many back to back scores let alone a big run.

The Warriors don't have to win 3 in a row to climb out of a 3-1 hole, it's just winning one game.

The best part of today was that it wasn't a throw away game for the Lakers. Lebron still played 39 minutes. Sometimes you see the team with the 3-1 lead go down a big score early and then rest their stars.

Now it's back to LA and we've been unlucky in the 2 tight games this series, no reason to think why we can't get it back to SF for a game 7.

The Warriors don't have to win 3 in a row to climb out of a 3-1 hole, it's just winning one game.

The best part of today was that it wasn't a throw away game for the Lakers. Lebron still played 39 minutes. Sometimes you see the team with the 3-1 lead go down a big score early and then rest their stars.

Now it's back to LA and we've been unlucky in the 2 tight games this series, no reason to think why we can't get it back to SF for a game 7.
Good even contribution. Steph's numbers aren't great, but he hit the one's he needed to, and distributed well. Klay and Poole are just black holes of doom at present...need to pull their heads out of their asses...not the time to try and shoot your way out of a funk.

Lakers are such queefs. AD left in a wheelchair from a mild forearm to the head. Reaves and Schroeder flopped like they were shot a dozen times or more.

Would mean everything to beat them.

the hangover GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back