Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

fidstar

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #1,801
Yeah, I worry about Cousins on the defensive end. He'll be fine against big guys but I'm very worried about him on smalls.

Looney does a good job (for a big) when switched on to guys like Harden/LeBron etc.

Jerebko been great this season, but he's almost unplayable against Houston. He just can't stay with Harden. At least Iggy/Livingston can do that.

I'm willing to give Livingston some time. He's missed time with an injury, so hopefully can get that little 12 footer going. But he's obviously near the end.

Iggy has actually gotten better recently. He's shooting 45% from 3s since the start of December, which is very good and his most important role when it comes to scoring and keeping the defense honest. They're obviously pacing him re: minutes. He's averaging a career low this year (and averaged just 21.9 minutes in December).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fidstar

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #1,802
Amazing performance by Steph.

We went into the last down by 7 and win the game on the back of his 20 point quarter.

People take for granted what he does sometimes. Harden does that and it would be front page stuff.

He also moved into 4th on the all time 3 point list. Only needs 5 to move into third, which only leaves Reggie and Allen in front of him. Injury permitting should get Reggie in about 12 months. Allen is still a few years away.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors,Chicago Bulls
Amazing performance by Steph.

We went into the last down by 7 and win the game on the back of his 20 point quarter.

People take for granted what he does sometimes. Harden does that and it would be front page stuff.

He also moved into 4th on the all time 3 point list. Only needs 5 to move into third, which only leaves Reggie and Allen in front of him. Injury permitting should get Reggie in about 12 months. Allen is still a few years away.
Great call, only caught the second half, Dubs-Kings games have been fantastic.... this year.
Kings coming along nicely, what are they going to do stuff it up?

You are right about Steph, just love watching him play, Warriors not nearly as much fun when he isn't playing.

Class act, if Green is the intensity then Steph is the joy/fun on the squad.
Team first superstar which is very rare in the NBA.

Insane how Steph has changed the game, its ridiculous that you have to legitimately guard a guy out 30 feet on the floor...

It's almost not fair to have the handles, range and finishing ability he does, some of it natural but most is working his a$$ off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
We can close the book completely on the Klay Thompson shooting slump.

43 points 18-29 from the floor and 7 threes.

Biggest news is Boogie is supposed to be playing vs the Clips on the 18th of Jan.

Will be fun watching how they integrate him into the line up.

fidstar

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #1,805
Klay with 43 points off (apparently) 4 dribbles.

We're at our best when we move the ball and get Klay those open looks.

Can't take a lot from the game though. Knicks are terrible, at the end of a road trip, and on the back end of a b2b.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Soft week this week (about as soft as it gets). Next 2 weeks is tough though.
Good win in Dallas with Steph going OFF.

Knicks, Bulls easy kills.

Interesting to see how we go in Denver.

Take over as number 1 in the West if we win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fidstar

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #1,812
Two good wins against Top 4 home teams.

I noticed that the rotations changed again. Steph and Durant played the entire 1st and 3rd. I wonder if that was to get the rotation ready for Klay and Cousins to run the start of the 2nd and 4th?

Top Bottom