Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
They literally said that management basically ignored the situation and pretended it didn't happen. Doesn't sound like micro-management to me.
Think you got your wires crossed on all of this. After it was all said and done they acted like it didn’t happen which pissed KD off. During the actual fiasco they had Draymond locked in a room for an hour and 45 min trying to micromanage how things were going to happen instead of just letting him go talk to KD on his own accord and sort it out naturally. They went from one extreme to the other without finding the middle ground which is bad handling both ways.

Although Draymond f’ed up royally saying he’s trying to blame management without reason is a bad take. Both he and KD agree they handled the situation poorly. The fact they still have a great relationship is extremely telling.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
KD was gone anyway, so it's hard to say how it influenced anything.

Dray and KD were not good that season though. They may be fine now.

Management is not the reason KD is gone now.

Never said that management handled it well. Blaming them is a bad take though.

Green not taking ownership of the event is really bad. He had an opportunity and he didn't take it.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Making a mountain out of a molehill for no reason. They pointed out that management handled it poorly which is accurate, I don’t see the issue

We want players with personality who speak openly about stuff instead of just giving cliche interviews all the time. The moment they actually do people lose their s**t.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Look, if Draymond had something like "Management ****ed it up, but I ****ed it up worse" or "Management ****ed it up, but we as a team ****ed it up worse" that would have been fine.

KD blamed everyone. Here's the script below. Draymond just picked out the management, rather than take some responsibility.

Durant: It wasn’t the argument, it was the way everybody ... Steve Kerr acted like it didn’t happen, Bob Meyers tried to discipline you and think that would put the mask over everything. I really felt like that was such a big situation for us as a group, the first time we went through something like that, that we had to get that s**t all out. I remember watching “The Last Dance,” and when Scottie didn’t go into the game, the whole team in the locker room said Scottie that was ****ed up that you did that. We needed that. We just needed to throw all that s**t out on the table, and say ‘yo Dray, K, that was ****ed up that we even had to go through that, let’s just wipe our hands with that and finish the task.’ I don’t think we did that, we tried to dance around it. The vibe of all of that just made s**t weird to me. I’d rather us be who we say we are: family first, communication is key, and we didn’t show that. That’s what rubbed me the wrong way more than anything.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok your take on the interview is incredibly off tone and off-kilter

Good point. Dray is an open bloke who has opinions. As far as I'm aware he hasn't had the opinion the he f’ed up.

For a start the whole backdrop and setting of the situation is that he f’ed up. It’s that obvious I didn’t think it even needed to be stated again. Just because he didn’t explicitly go into it like some sort of confessional how the heck has it now changed to that he’s not of that opinion exactly?

He apologised to KD and openly admitted to all he f’ed up in the aftermath. The situation was done and dusted long ago. The whole point of the segment was them going over the internals within the organisation which weren’t made all that public.

Blaming management was scapegoating.
Following directly on from the previous, going over the internals includes pointing out that management handled it poorly. It’s extremely relevant as from the horses mouth (KD) that was a factor in his decision. It’s much less blaming as it is point out fact.

Trying to spin the interview as Draymond somehow trying to absolve himself of any guilt is a horrible take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Alright, alright, alright...looking good in the pre season.

Poole looks to have grown further. At worst we've got a walking bucket on the bench.

Biggest thing though is some old man game...Porter Jr, Bjelica and Iggy improve us in all sorts of ways. You almost forget we've got a dude named Klay Thompson to come in.

Rookies and Wiseman get to develop without too much scrutiny. Sweet.

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Alright, alright, alright...looking good in the pre season.

Poole looks to have grown further. At worst we've got a walking bucket on the bench.

Biggest thing though is some old man game...Porter Jr, Bjelica and Iggy improve us in all sorts of ways. You almost forget we've got a dude named Klay Thompson to come in.

Rookies and Wiseman get to develop without too much scrutiny. Sweet.

The way Poole has been playing only adds his value for a trade for Simmons, 76ers would be watching his progress

Porter jr, Bjelica, Iggy, Bradley will run our bench with Kuminga, Lee and Moody.

Starting Lineup v LA Laker:

Curry/Mulder/Chiozza
Poole/Lee/Moody/Bradley
Wiggins/Iggy/Kuminga
Dray/Porter jr/Toscano
Looney/Bjelica/Bell

Injured - Klay, Wiggins

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
The way Poole has been playing only adds his value for a trade for Simmons, 76ers would be watching his progress

Porter jr, Bjelica, Iggy, Bradley will run our bench with Kuminga, Lee and Moody.

Starting Lineup v LA Laker:

Curry/Mulder/Chiozza
Poole/Lee/Moody/Bradley
Wiggins/Iggy/Kuminga
Dray/Porter jr/Toscano
Looney/Bjelica/Bell

Injured - Klay, Wiggins
Mulder is a spot up sniper or he's nothing, and I'm not sure he's guaranteed yet...is it between he and Bradley? I'd rather Bradley as he has some handle, and Lee and Moody cover what Mulder brings. And even then I'd prefer Iggy distribute for the second unit if he has the gas.

Wiseman?

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mulder is a spot up sniper or he's nothing, and I'm not sure he's guaranteed yet...is it between he and Bradley? I'd rather Bradley as he has some handle, and Lee and Moody cover what Mulder brings. And even then I'd prefer Iggy distribute for the second unit if he has the gas.

Wiseman?

Wiseman will sit a lot of the season by all reports

I'd play Bradley as the 2nd PG

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
1/1

Good W over the Lakers who would have been desperate to start well. Poole carried on strong pre season form.

Elsewhere, can see why we wanted Duarte with the Moody pick. Can score from anywhere.

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
3/3

Another finish over the top of them win. Even contribution across the board, nice little cameo from Payton...FO may have got that call right.

Not counting chickens but should keep rolling against the Thunder. Keen to watch a full game if Giddey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back