Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Somehow we're rolling with a full squad at the right time of the year...

Welcome to the play-offs J Poole. Klay looked like play-off Klay aside from a few rushed shots, Steph worked some rust out and the vets played like vets.

The length and different defensive set ups we can put out there is something.

Righto...1 down. Likely the Grizz to come.

Looking great...but...concerned we don't have too many levers to pull when things aren't working. It's either one of Steph/Klay/Poole shooting the lights out or...

We always had some inside options be it Speights/West/a young Dray who still had game/Bogut/KD...this is where gambling on Wiseman's late season recovery may bite us in the arse. I think we need to find some minutes for Kuminga, just to keep him simmering (he actually stood Jokic pretty well for a few consecutive plays).

Still, if we stay healthy we'll take some beating.

Punched them in the mouth good and proper. 2:1

Poole's growth is just unreal...always had nice shooting form, but the handle, the balls to take it inside, the composure to finish...where the * did that come from?

Kuminga did well in his first start. Signs of maturity in defense...he's listening to Dray.

Punched them in the mouth good and proper. 2:1

Poole's growth is just unreal...always had nice shooting form, but the handle, the balls to take it inside, the composure to finish...where the fu** did that come from?

Kuminga did well in his first start. Signs of maturity in defense...he's listening to Dray.
We've witnessed Poole blossoming into a star before our very eyes since the AS break and it's been a joy to watch.

In fairness he does have one of the best mentors going around in that guy who wears #30. The work they've done together is really starting to show in his game lately. The way he's moving without the ball in particular is almost like having another Steph out there.

Trying not to get ahead of myself here but Mav's are such a better match-up for us than Grizzlies. That game went exactly to script
  • Run, run and run some more to burn them on transition and tire out the whole team
  • Put Luka in every offensive action so he's even more gassed
  • Have the length of Wiggins bother Luka with Dray floating to help if necessary, make the role players step up.
  • Do whatever the * we want in the paint with no one in there remotely like JJJ or Adams to bother Poole or Curry

I'm sure we'll have an off night or two on the road and Dallas will get a win or two away but it feels like our main concern is hoping Heat take out the Celtics who are basically the Grizzlies, but twice as good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying not to get ahead of myself here but Mav's are such a better match-up for us than Grizzlies. That game went exactly to script
  • Run, run and run some more to burn them on transition and tire out the whole team
  • Put Luka in every offensive action so he's even more gassed
  • Have the length of Wiggins bother Luka with Dray floating to help if necessary, make the role players step up.
  • Do whatever the duck we want in the paint with no one in there remotely like JJJ or Adams to bother Poole or Curry

I'm sure we'll have an off night or two on the road and Dallas will get a win or two away but it feels like our main concern is hoping Heat take out the Celtics who are basically the Grizzlies, but twice as good.
It's not entirely unlike the Boomers set up in the bronze medal game. A primary defender who can stay in front of him, some lengthy help d, and pushing the pace on offence.

If course we have to settle for Curry and not FIBA Mills though.

Golden State Warriors Dancing GIF by ESPN
steph curry dancing GIF by Jasmyn Lawson, Editor

Alright, alright, alright...who do we want?

Think we have the options to slow Jimmy, Looney can hang with Bam well enough. But Heat have the vets and chip experience.

Cs could potentially trouble us more on both sides of the ball, but first time at the dance for a young squad.

I'm 60/40 Heat.

Hoping for quadruple OT in game 7.

Christ on a ******* bike...

Was working remotely today and lost connectivity just before 3 qtr time.

Thought we were cruising...nek minit.

Hard from here.

It's a bit at odds with what the FO has been sprouting all year though. The preference has been to keep Russel, when all of a sudden we blink at the deadline and lumber ourselves with 3 years @ 30m of Andrew ******* Wiggins. And Spellman was showing a few signs of development too.

Not sure about Wiggins playing a Barnes role. He'll want more shots than HB settled for, history suggests he won't be as efficient from anywhere, or near as disciplined on defense - Barnes wasn't great, but he at least gave good effort D.

The pick will be good, but it just cancels out the unprotected first round pick we had to give to get Russell in the first place.

Really painted ourselves into a corner here.

Deep breath. Moving on.
Just owning my s**t here. Stef is the story, but Wiggins played with a phsicality and intensity I didn'y know he had.

2-2 baby!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back