Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Poole is 123m guaranteed plus some apparently tough incentives, and there is a fair bit of potential being paid for there...I think he's showed he is a worker. Look at the sweet little Curry-esque floater he's added in the off season. Now for some Curry-esque growth on D.

I think Wiggs just knows he's in a custom made role for him, so hasn't tried to extract every dollar.

Last edited:

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Poole is 123m guaranteed plus some apparently tough incentives, and there is a fair bit of potential being paid for there...I think he's showed he is a worker. Look at the sweet little Curry-esque floater he's added in the off season. Now for some Curry-esque growth on D.

I think Wiggs just knows he's in a custom made role for him, so hasn't tried to extract every dollar.

Wiggins said 100+ mlllion bucks and a fun team is good enough.

Good call. He got max last contract too.. only 27 iirc. Looks like another good decade to be a warriors fan.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Wiggins said 100+ mlllion bucks and a fun team is good enough.

Good call. He got max last contract too.. only 27 iirc. Looks like another good decade to be a warriors fan.

Animated GIF

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Season grades. Same as last year, based on performance, but weighted by expectations

Curry - A-
Green - B
Wiggins - C-
Thompson - D-
Looney - C
Wiseman - B-
Poole - B-
Green - C-
Moody - C+
Kuminga - D

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
15-46 free throws. Don't see that often.

Sucks to see Steph playing at MVP level and getting little support.

Such a hard team for young guys to develop in...not sure this dual timeline approach has legs.

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Where are we all on Wiseman? Still just raw offensive potential combined with zero defensive awareness.

I think JaVale is pretty much his ceiling...but surely we can't afford to wait for him to get there.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors,Chicago Bulls
Where are we all on Wiseman? Still just raw offensive potential combined with zero defensive awareness.

I think JaVale is pretty much his ceiling...but surely we can't afford to wait for him to get there.

Does bringing in Dwight Howard give you an improvement on Wiseman’s minutes and buy Wiseman some time… Dwight can still rebound, block shots and finish at the rim and play 15 minutes a night, will foul as much as Wiseman though, but is a short term upgrade if he fit into the culture…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Does bringing in Dwight Howard give you an improvement on Wiseman’s minutes and buy Wiseman some time… Dwight can still rebound, block shots and finish at the rim and play 15 minutes a night, will foul as much as Wiseman though, but is a short term upgrade if he fit into the culture…

He or Whiteside would do a hell of a lot more than Iggy. Our locker room has three HOF'ers with 4 rings each. We don't need a baby sitter.

I'd be more inclined to trade Wiseman while he still has new car smell.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors,Chicago Bulls
Great win vs the Cavs

Curry just superb, better defence, some tough calls, early in the season but currently looking more like the play in season than the championship season…. Pretty much Steph save us.

Wiggins and Dray were good and Looney D and rebounding was fantastic, what a reliable player he has become, deserves more $$$ but the current NBA doesn’t work that way.
Starters aren’t the issue except Klays form.

Donte coming back is important, helped JP get going, but Lamb in the rotation before Moody and Wiseman and trusted more than Kuminga is a worry, hit some big shots too so Lamb should stay until pushed out.
Surprised Moody isn’t playing, has been the most solid of the 3, JK did a few good things but a few loose mistakes…. This is the duel timeline challenge.

Interesting to see where Klay is at by the end of the season, even more so when his contract is up, would he come off the bench for $10m a year? It feels like he is heading toward the cross road aging stars run into, age gracefully and come off the bench and contribute or maintain you are a starter and keep getting traded. He’s a humble guy and fingers crossed he can get back to old Klay again but his return has been great, those injuries were cruel and the NBA is about egos, Klay Thompson 2024 6th man of the year?

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Season grades. Same as last year, based on performance, but weighted by expectations

Curry - A+ (Previous A-)
Green - C+ (B)
Wiggins - B- (C-)
Thompson - D+ (D-)
Looney - C (C)
Wiseman - D+ (B-)
Poole - C+ (B-)
Green - D+ (C-)
Moody - C- (C+)
Kuminga - D (D)
Lamb - C (No ranking)
DiVincenzo - C+ (No ranking)

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton

Curry - A+ (Previous A-)
Green - C+ (B)
Wiggins - B- (C-)
Thompson - D+ (D-)
Looney - C (C)
Wiseman - D+ (B-)
Poole - C+ (B-)
Green - D+ (C-)
Moody - C- (C+)
Kuminga - D (D)
Lamb - C (No ranking)
DiVincenzo - C+ (No ranking)
Can't argue with much of that...I'd swap Klay and Poole, but meh...it's Steph and daylight second.

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Not ideal for who? It's good for dubs, and only potential avenue for Wiseman to become an NBA player...

La Melo running the second unit...imagine...

Anyway, quietly worked back to .500. Wiggins be ballin.

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Up to 6th in the WC and starting to play a sustainable brand of b'ball.

Only 3 games off #1 which lessens the need to do anything drastic before the deadline...I'd guess we hold the line and maybe wait for buy outs...if we do anything at all.

ZionMig22

All Australian
Nov 29, 2022
Cairns
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
Only a matter of time before we trade Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody

Can't believe how unnatural a Basketball player Kuminga is on the court, runs around with no real idea how to play other than open dunks

Wiseman isn't having huge numbers in the G League and Moody has lost his mins to a scrub in Lamb

Back