Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I love West, but I can't see them bringing him back now.

I'd expect McCaw to get a min deal offer and they'll let Swaggy go.

I think he could still contribute, but Looney will eat into his minutes.

Need some wing defense and could always use some more bench scoring...I suppose McCaw can give a little of both and doesn't rock the boat. Ellington form the Heat still unsigned and would be an unbelievable fit...but surely gets more than the min.

Time to revive this thread...

Yeah Quinn Cook looks like he could be a good contributor this upcoming regular season. Looney and Bell just continues to look like great role players. Jones... he will need more playing time so he can get more comfortable with this role before Boogie comes back.

Time to revive this thread...

Yeah Quinn Cook looks like he could be a good contributor this upcoming regular season. Looney and Bell just continues to look like great role players. Jones... he will need more playing time so he can get more comfortable with this role before Boogie comes back.

Footy season over ......dead set I can’t stand cricket anymore ....

Give me NBA PLEASE

Preseason was pretty solid (even if we finished 1-4).

Steph shot better than 50% in every preseason game. Shot better than 50% from 3s in 3 of the 4 games. 100% from the free throw line as well.
Durant shot better than 50% in every preseason game. Shot better than 50% from 3s in 3 of the 4 games.
Thompson finished the preseason shooting better than 50% from the field and 50% from 3s.

We're a fortunate 2:0 and currently in a bit of a hole against the Nugs.

Klay getting his funk out of the way early this year it seems. 1 of 15 from 3 through 2 and 3/4 games.

Klay opened last season (or was it the season before?) in a funk as well before catching fire. He'll be fine.

Our problem is fouling.

We aren't going to win games where the opposition shoot 42 free throws to our 24 and we have 29 fouls to 22.

I think we've had more fouls than the opponents in every game this season and lost the free throw count in every game.

The main challenge teams with multiple great players face is ego. Even whilst playing as a team, there's usually a competition over who gets the bigger slice of meat.

The key to Dubs being a champion team isn't the talent, it's the selflessness. When they realised Klay was hot tonight, Steph and KD possibly the two best scorers in the league only took 9 shots. Steph who held the 3 point record in a single game was feeding Klay to break it. A guy like Draymond who could put up triple-doubles every other night is happy only taking 5 shots because it's for the good of the team. It's extremely rare to find this level of talent matched by the same level of selflessness, but that's what we have and it shouldn't be taken for granted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main challenge teams with multiple great players face is ego. Even whilst playing as a team, there's usually a competition over who gets the bigger slice of meat.

The key to Dubs being a champion team isn't the talent, it's the selflessness. When they realised Klay was hot tonight, Steph and KD possibly the two best scorers in the league only took 9 shots. Steph who held the 3 point record in a single game was feeding Klay to break it. A guy like Draymond who could put up triple-doubles every other night is happy only taking 5 shots because it's for the good of the team. It's extremely rare to find this level of talent matched by the same level of selflessness, but that's what we have and it shouldn't be taken for granted.

Was gonna say the same thing... Steph looked like he enjoyed it as much as Klay

Agree.

Steph is the GOAT superstar to play with. And it's not even close.

Very happy with Jerebko, fits in well, moves without the ball, sounder passer and better defender than I thought.

Hits threes at a good clip, just knows how to play, has been great, compares very favourably to the Casspi signing last year.

A three point shooter that wouldn't shoot threes....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back