Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Klay has been struggling all year....he should switch to building houses with the amount of bricks he throws.

This team looks slower and has issues. They just aint the same IMO.

Interesting with Klay, creating a lot of difficult 2's off a few dribbles for himself which isn't helping.

Think he needs to go back to his strength, moving without the ball to find space for good shots.

With Draymond's offence being non-existent and the center position being a non scorer atm, teams collapse on the shooters.

Having to respect Cousins will be massive and open things up for everyone else.

Steph and KD are phenomenal but are having to do more and more.

Great to have an Iggy sighting, this is big, pretty much saves himself for the playoffs now, but need him to be aggressive and look for his shot.

But bench is thin with Livingston/Iguadala slowly declining over the last 2-3 years.

These two will be key in the playoff run, Iggy will be very significant.

Jerebko has been pretty good, love his hustle, his shot comes and goes, but he takes them.

Looney will add to bench depth down the track, solid, DJ is ok, really playing the Javale role, shame he didn't stay, but DJ out for a while hurts atm.

They try and use Bell as the energiser, but has been poor.

McKinnie has been good but can you trust him? Cook is a solid back up that can get his own shot, don't mind Damion Lee, but not sure they will see deep playoff minutes.

Strength in numbers used to be the call, but not sure that is legit any more.

Confident Draymond and Klay can only improve, more sure on Klay than Draymond, which will help everything click.

Need to bolster the bench, thought Rivers would have been a good signing, instead Houston added a 3 and D guy who is feisty, exactly what they needed.

Time to move on from Patrick McCaw..... he has made his own bed... bye bye Pat.

Agree totally not to panic over bad games in December, we haven't even seen our starting 5 play together this year, will only start panicking if it looks like this in March/April.

Interesting with Klay, creating a lot of difficult 2's off a few dribbles for himself which isn't helping.

Think he needs to go back to his strength, moving without the ball to find space for good shots.

Just to remind everyone that Klay is currently shooting 2 pointers at a 2% better rate than his career average.

It's only from 3 that he's struggling.

I hope you guys are right because I would like to see a 3 peat. And watching them in 2017 was amazing but for me that has gone.

To win again they better hope that KD and Curry go off for 30+ every game in the playoffs because Draymond and Klay are not all stars anymore and their defensive intensity has regressed.

Let's see.

I hope you guys are right because I would like to see a 3 peat. And watching them in 2017 was amazing but for me that has gone.

To win again they better hope that KD and Curry go off for 30+ every game in the playoffs because Draymond and Klay are not all stars anymore and their defensive intensity has regressed.

Let's see.

Klay is still a star, he's just had a rough start to the year.

I'm not sure on Draymond tbh. But he can more than contribute to a championship.

Just to remind everyone that Klay is currently shooting 2 pointers at a 2% better rate than his career average.

It's only from 3 that he's struggling.

Good call, really more a recent observation.
He is still scoring 21 a game and playing good D, I just feel he is pressing a bit more, was excellent supporting KD when Steph/Dray were out.

Had a look and Klay is 43% over the last 6 games for 2 point shots.

No doubt this and the three will pick back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Another classic Curry throw the game away...

the shitblazers shot at 30 per cent... warriors still couldn't beat them.... at home

thought they might have responded after the xmas debacle.

Thought the effort was much better.

Nurkic killed us, even more so once Looney got in foul trouble until we started to double.

Missed free throws and comical turnovers were the difference, controlled Dame and CJ better than usual.

Eventually Lillard was going to make shots.

Still had a great shot to win it.

Thought the effort was much better.

Nurkic killed us, even more so once Looney got in foul trouble until we started to double.

Missed free throws and comical turnovers were the difference, controlled Dame and CJ better than usual.

Eventually Lillard was going to make shots.

Still had a great shot to win it.

yeah I agree...the comeback was great...

But I am getting a little frustrated. Missing so many shots, turn overs, curry at the end... hard to watch.

Can't see us beating Portland or the Rockets next two.

When's Cousins due?

We obviously have some issues, but last night was all about free throws.

We shot 6/15 vs them shooting 21/23.

If both teams shoot 80% (which is what they average) then it's an 11 point swing to what actually happened.

Steph/KD/Klay made 2 of their first 9 free throws. Unheard of!

We obviously have some issues, but last night was all about free throws.

We shot 6/15 vs them shooting 21/23.

If both teams shoot 80% (which is what they average) then it's an 11 point swing to what actually happened.

Steph/KD/Klay made 2 of their first 9 free throws. Unheard of!

Yep, Fitz said it was the worst GSW foul shooting % in 10 years.

Much better tonight, great to see Klay go off, ball was hopping around and D was good again.

Wouldn't mind seeing Dray have a look from 15 feet if they aren't guarding him at all when he is at the top, was everywhere on D and got a rough call, which of course led to a T.....

Looney active again and hit a three and looks at the 12 footer now, important if Dray won't shoot it.

27 assists and different guys making threes also a key factor.

Actually very interesting watching the team work through a tough period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Fitz said it was the worst GSW foul shooting % in 10 years.

Much better tonight, great to see Klay go off, ball was hopping around and D was good again.

Wouldn't mind seeing Dray have a look from 15 feet if they aren't guarding him at all when he is at the top, was everywhere on D and got a rough call, which of course led to a T.....

Looney active again and hit a three and looks at the 12 footer now, important if Dray won't shoot it.

27 assists and different guys making threes also a key factor.

Actually very interesting watching the team work through a tough period.

didnt see it good to hear

Solid win in Phoenix.

Seems like business as usual has resumed.

If you have a spare hour have a listen to Chris Haynes "Posted Up" podcast with Kevin Durant.

Seems to have a great relationship with KD and really honest, no BS interview.

Merry Xmas.

Up by 20 points at home and lose. Is it arrogance ??

Frustrated.

First half we scored 70, Steph was a bit lose with a few turnovers, but a great first half.

Not sure on KD's deep 3 late in OT to try and make it a 6 point lead, but he's won us massive games with the same shot so hard to complain, also his save in OT was CLEARLY out of bounds.

The real story is that Harden was just insane!!!!'

Unbelievable performance and his game winner was ridiculous, full credit to him and also Clint Capella.

We played well, Klay is back, which is great.

We are 0-4 in OT this year though.

Sux to lose but had everything you love about the NBA.... except a win at the end.

up by 6 with a minute to go in regulation and cant win

up by 3 with 22 seconds left and have ball

stupid *ing shot selection.

But.. but it's just regular season.... the bench is worst it's even been. They go through 5-6 minute stretches of team ball and then ultimately you have Curry shooting hail mary 35 footers ......Defense sucks. Draymond not in form... That last minute of regular was horrendous... had two opportunities to just have to score a 2 point bucket to ice it and you have both curry and durant going for huge 3's. they just not paying smart. Swear after half time they came out thinking it was over. What about Kerr and his rotations...what responsibilty does he take in all of this? This all star team couldn't beat a depleted Rockets team at home after being up by 20 points..for me this is more than regular season boredom.​

lol

Harden and Lillard both make stupidly tough 3 pointers to win the game and everyone is worried?

Law of averages have them both missing them and we'd be on a 4 game winning streak.

But.. but it's just regular season.... the bench is worst it's even been. They go through 5-6 minute stretches of team ball and then ultimately you have Curry shooting hail mary 35 footers ......Defense sucks. Draymond not in form... That last minute of regular was horrendous... had two opportunities to just have to score a 2 point bucket to ice it and you have both curry and durant going for huge 3's. they just not paying smart. Swear after half time they came out thinking it was over. What about Kerr and his rotations...what responsibilty does he take in all of this? This all star team couldn't beat a depleted Rockets team at home after being up by 20 points..for me this is more than regular season boredom.

What would you like them to do with rotations? I'm actually pretty happy with them now. He has two All-Stars (if you want to call Green and Thompson All-Stars) on the court at all times. And one of Curry or Durant is on the court at all times. You openly say our bench sucks, so please tell me what else he should do.

You're also being results orientated on the 3s by Durant and Curry. I'm assuming you were okay with Durant's 3s in both the last two game 3 of the NBA Finals in similar spots? And Steph's the GOAT 3 point shooter, so saying him shooting a 3 point shot is a bad decision is wrong in this spot. And you say a 2 pointer from Steph ices the game. Firstly, you seem to think that it's a sure thing he makes a 2. Steph actually shoots 3s at a better rate than he shoots long twos. Also it would have been a 5 point game with 53 seconds left where they had the ball. That's hardly "iced".

Last edited:
I actually thought offensively we played well.

Houston just bought it in the 2nd half and our defense wasn't great.

I think they had 1 turnover in the second half and OT.

Agree as per my previous post.

Myers knows we need to re-enforce the center positions, Looney is coming along and working hard but we get beaten there every night, Capella, Ayton and Nurkic have owned us there.

Cousins is a lot of things, even if he takes time to get going he is a massive body to take up space and rebound, PnR might be interesting.

Would be nice to add a shooter that looks to score off the bench, but center seems to be priority.

Jerebko is our 4th leading scorer at 7.7 ppg.
Quinn Cook is at 7.6ppg.
Iggy is at 5.3ppg and Liv is at 4.6ppg.
These two have the skill set to offer more scoring, sadly both are getting old.

Yeah, I worry about Cousins on the defensive end. He'll be fine against big guys but I'm very worried about him on smalls.

Looney does a good job (for a big) when switched on to guys like Harden/LeBron etc.

Jerebko been great this season, but he's almost unplayable against Houston. He just can't stay with Harden. At least Iggy/Livingston can do that.

I'm willing to give Livingston some time. He's missed time with an injury, so hopefully can get that little 12 footer going. But he's obviously near the end.

Iggy has actually gotten better recently. He's shooting 45% from 3s since the start of December, which is very good and his most important role when it comes to scoring and keeping the defense honest. They're obviously pacing him re: minutes. He's averaging a career low this year (and averaged just 21.9 minutes in December).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back