Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing performance by Steph.

We went into the last down by 7 and win the game on the back of his 20 point quarter.

People take for granted what he does sometimes. Harden does that and it would be front page stuff.

He also moved into 4th on the all time 3 point list. Only needs 5 to move into third, which only leaves Reggie and Allen in front of him. Injury permitting should get Reggie in about 12 months. Allen is still a few years away.

Amazing performance by Steph.

We went into the last down by 7 and win the game on the back of his 20 point quarter.

People take for granted what he does sometimes. Harden does that and it would be front page stuff.

He also moved into 4th on the all time 3 point list. Only needs 5 to move into third, which only leaves Reggie and Allen in front of him. Injury permitting should get Reggie in about 12 months. Allen is still a few years away.

Great call, only caught the second half, Dubs-Kings games have been fantastic.... this year.
Kings coming along nicely, what are they going to do stuff it up?

You are right about Steph, just love watching him play, Warriors not nearly as much fun when he isn't playing.

Class act, if Green is the intensity then Steph is the joy/fun on the squad.
Team first superstar which is very rare in the NBA.

Insane how Steph has changed the game, its ridiculous that you have to legitimately guard a guy out 30 feet on the floor...

It's almost not fair to have the handles, range and finishing ability he does, some of it natural but most is working his a$$ off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can close the book completely on the Klay Thompson shooting slump.

43 points 18-29 from the floor and 7 threes.

Biggest news is Boogie is supposed to be playing vs the Clips on the 18th of Jan.

Will be fun watching how they integrate him into the line up.

Klay with 43 points off (apparently) 4 dribbles.

We're at our best when we move the ball and get Klay those open looks.

Can't take a lot from the game though. Knicks are terrible, at the end of a road trip, and on the back end of a b2b.

Soft week this week (about as soft as it gets). Next 2 weeks is tough though.

Good win in Dallas with Steph going OFF.

Knicks, Bulls easy kills.

Interesting to see how we go in Denver.

Take over as number 1 in the West if we win.

Two good wins against Top 4 home teams.

I noticed that the rotations changed again. Steph and Durant played the entire 1st and 3rd. I wonder if that was to get the rotation ready for Klay and Cousins to run the start of the 2nd and 4th?

Two good wins against Top 4 home teams.

I noticed that the rotations changed again. Steph and Durant played the entire 1st and 3rd. I wonder if that was to get the rotation ready for Klay and Cousins to run the start of the 2nd and 4th?

Yep, insane first quarter in Denver with 51 points and 10 threes.

Good win vs the Pels, Curry insane again.

His 3rd quarter is what makes him the most fun to watch in basketball.

Crazy.

Draymond back on track, passing it well, hit 4 3's which is significant and looking healthy.

Put 142 in Denver and 147 vs the Pels.

"The Snipers" as Fitz calls KD and the Splash Bros are all clicking.

Now bring back the Boogie!!!

Oh apparently Steph has had 23 20 point quarters in the last 5 seasons.....

When I started following it a team scoring 30 in a quarter was big.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win vs Clips although without Lou Will and Gallo.

But it's all about Boogie.

Foul trouble aside, it was a great debut, it wasn't a track meet so we wait and see how he goes when we push the ball but he got on the end of the break a few times so good signs.

He hit threes, passed the ball well and took a charge, the fact that you have to respect him outside is massive and he is a BIG body on D.

Gortat was a good match up and there wasn't much guarding pick and roll so we'll see how that goes.

14 points, 6 Rebs, 3 assists a block a steal and 3 threes in 15 mins.

Excellent return.

So, for a team that has apparently struggled at times this year, we are currently projecting to have the greatest offensive efficiency of all time.

And not by a little bit, but we'd smash it.

We're currently at 116.9. The current all time record is 115.6. The extra 1.3 doesn't sound like a lot, but to put it in perspective the difference between us and the old record is the same as between the old record and the 23rd best of all time. Huge!

We also currently have the top 4 seasons of all time for eFG%

Klay moved into 19th on the all time 3 point list.

Still think he's a 50/50 of finishing his career with more 3s than Steph, which is crazy to say as Steph will finish several hundred in front of Ray.

Curry is being slept on for MVP.

Everyone is talking about Harden in January, meanwhile Curry throws up 31/6/5 on 52/46/96 shooting. Leading his team to a 12-2 month (most of the games on the road) and being +22 per game.

Curry is being slept on for MVP.

Everyone is talking about Harden in January, meanwhile Curry throws up 31/6/5 on 52/46/96 shooting. Leading his team to a 12-2 month (most of the games on the road) and being +22 per game.

Further to this...

Harden finished the month averaging 43.6ppg while shooting 43/33/91.

Harden obviously had a shitload more usage.

For the month he took 91 additional two pointers, 59 additional 3 pointers and 141 additional free throws.

If Steph had of taken that many more shots this month, at his current percentages, he would have averaged 54 points per game.

Obviously it's pretty hard to keep as efficient as that with the workload, but he still matches Harden's numbers if he shoots his 90% from the free throw line, misses all 91 of his additional two pointers and makes just 13 of his additional 59 3s.

Further to this...

Harden finished the month averaging 43.6ppg while shooting 43/33/91.

Harden obviously had a shitload more usage.

For the month he took 91 additional two pointers, 59 additional 3 pointers and 141 additional free throws.

If Steph had of taken that many more shots this month, at his current percentages, he would have averaged 54 points per game.

Obviously it's pretty hard to keep as efficient as that with the workload, but he still matches Harden's numbers if he shoots his 90% from the free throw line, misses all 91 of his additional two pointers and makes just 13 of his additional 59 3s.
No doubt he should be in the conversation, though will be near impossible to swing the momentum behind the Harden bandwagon. Respect the numbers he is putting up, but surely a couple of hairline cracks begin to appear soon...no one but Harden having fun on that squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back