Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
How about D'Antoni and the Rockets. When open for three's they jump up straight, when a defender appears they jump forward and push they legs forward looking for contact.

Harden does it for everything and he makes all the contact but gets most of the frees. If Curry got the same treatment the Warriors would win easy.

Suck it up Rockets the refs have worked it out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors,Chicago Bulls
Carnage in game 2, Steph cant take a trick at the moment, Harden copped it too.

2-0, so great result, really connected on D again and maintained intensity all the way through.

KD is all world this playoff run, no mug in the past, as two time finals MVP.

Klay looked better physically this game, if Steph can get a decent run at it with foul trouble and injury the series is ours.

Dray having a great series, Iggy drinking at the fountain of youth again, just lifts about 3 levels in the playoffs.

Both Jerebko and McKinnie gave good minutes, Looney solid.

I really enjoy the playoffs, just so good when every possession counts.

Get a split in Houston and we are on our way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors,Chicago Bulls
2-1

KD brilliant, carrying the offence.

D was good, Iggy clutch and Klay more active in the second half offensively.

Missed dunk summed up Steph tonight, couldn’t finish around the basket.
Maybe it’s the finger but it was with both hands.

Crazy to say as they are amazing shooters but I wish the Splash Bros would set their feet on threes when there is time.
I know they can hit the quick release but take the time to set yourself when it’s there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Warriors look a bit one dimensional without Cousins or Bogut, both of whom haven't been at their best this year or for some time.

Steph, Klay, KD is a phenomenal trio of scorers but also a bit samey. They all want to get isolated and shoot rather than naturally wanting to attack the basket. Iguodala and Green are mostly in the starting 5 for defensive prowess and at 6'6 and 6'7 are 2/3 and 3/4 guys ideally. The GSW offence isn't particularly physical and Iguodala and Green playing 4/5 don't post up the way the big framed 6'10-7'0 guys do. Durant will shoot over you if you're 8 foot tall and hit 50% anyway so you do your best there but teams just focus on putting as much physical pressure on Steph and Klay as they can and not giving them open shots.

I'd like to see Kerr switch it up a bit and not stick with the same line-up for most of the game. I remember in previous series vs the Cavs they would start Bogut and give him the first 5 minutes or so each game. I remember him getting 3 or 4 blocks in a first quarter which forced a time out and rethink from the opposition. Worth a shot I reckon. Make it harder for Harden to get into the lane and shoot floaters and try to get some points in the paint early before switching it up.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
You're overrating Bogut to think he can handle Houston.

He wasn't bought here for that.

You speak about Bogut vs Cleveland. Remember in 14/15 when Bogut started the first 3 games and we were down 2-1. Then Kerr benched him and we proceeded to win the next 3. There's a reason for that.

And now he's 4 years older.

He's not good on switches. Against certain teams he can be useful, but Houston isn't one of them.

He has actually played 9 minutes in this series, and we are -10 in that time.

Unfortunately we don't really have the cattle to run different lineups.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm being too harsh on Bogut in the above post.

He could certainly help on the offensive end. He's our best screen setter and a good passer, and offensive rebounder.

I just think he'll be too much of a liability on the defensive end for the benefit he gives at the other end.

And I'm not sure he helps us enough on the offensive end as we are already scoring 115 points per 100 possessions, which is all time great numbers.

Back