Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

2-0 when Steph or Klay are sideline reporters...

Jordan Poole showing signs since coming back up from the G League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of solid wins this week. Burks and GR3 have been great additions...shame it's in a down year.

D Lo trade talk heating up. I still think we keep him for the remainder of the season...nothing floated in the media sounds all that attractive.

I don't hate it.

I just don't get it. I thought the idea was to trade up with Russel...instead we've taken on a negative asset in Wiggins, and why would we allow any level of protection on the pick? Can only be a repeater tax dodge.

Haven't felt good about a Myers decision since Jerry left.

Last edited:
I just don't get it. I thought the idea was to trade up with Russel...instead we've taken on a negative asset in Wiggins, and why would we allow any level of protection on the pick? Can only be a repeater tax dodge.

Haven't felt good about a Myers decision since Jerry left.

Bleacher report saying other than Minnesota, there was minimal interest in D-Lo.
Knicks had a look as well but that’s it.

Agree Wiggins doesn’t excite but could at least play the Harrison Barnes role on offence.

First rounder a likely Top 10 pick.

GR3 a chance to sign with us next year.

Bleacher report saying other than Minnesota, there was minimal interest in D-Lo.
Knicks had a look as well but that’s it.

Agree Wiggins doesn’t excite but could at least play the Harrison Barnes role on offence.

First rounder a likely Top 10 pick.

GR3 a chance to sign with us next year.

It's a bit at odds with what the FO has been sprouting all year though. The preference has been to keep Russel, when all of a sudden we blink at the deadline and lumber ourselves with 3 years @ 30m of Andrew ******* Wiggins. And Spellman was showing a few signs of development too.

Not sure about Wiggins playing a Barnes role. He'll want more shots than HB settled for, history suggests he won't be as efficient from anywhere, or near as disciplined on defense - Barnes wasn't great, but he at least gave good effort D.

The pick will be good, but it just cancels out the unprotected first round pick we had to give to get Russell in the first place.

Really painted ourselves into a corner here.

Deep breath. Moving on.

Last edited:
It's a bit at odds with what the FO has been sprouting all year though. The preference has been to keep Russel, when all of a sudden we blink at the deadline and lumber ourselves with 3 years @ 30m of Andrew ******* Wiggins. And Spellman was showing a few signs of development too.

Not sure about Wiggins playing a Barnes role. He'll want more shots than HB settled for, history suggests he won't be as efficient from anywhere, or near as disciplined on defense - Barnes wasn't great, but he at least gave good effort D.

The pick will be good, but it just cancels out the unprotected first round pick we had to give to get Russell in the first place.

Really painted ourselves into a corner here.

Deep breath. Moving on.

I don’t disagree... not the haul we were hoping for and not sure what happened to wanting to see Russell and Steph play together.

Let’s hope a change of scenery makes a big difference for Wiggins, but lacks intensity, will drive Draymond crazy, maybe Dray can do what Jimmy Butler couldn’t and bring out the competitor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good debut for Wiggins.

I think it took him a little while to get used to the movement. I haven’t watched Minny much this season but it just seemed at the start he looked a bit lacking in endeavour.

Then he hit a big three in the first quarter and it seemed to spark him to life. Hopefully he sticks around for at least his contract length.

Was fun having Steph back.

Just makes you smile watching him play.

Paschall playing great again, loved how he had D Lee’s back, Yeh, Lee missed some shots late, but redeemed himself in the Philly win and has had a breakout year.

Wiggins fitting in well and has been good on D, blocking shots,etc.

Chriss contributing well again.

Milder looks a likely type, can definitely shoot it.

Some pieces that can help next year, GR3 interested in some back also.

So what are our priorities for the off season?

1. Legit 6 man. We need a reliable Iggy like pocket knife. Some scoring, some D, combo flexibility, can lead the bench or close out with the starters. I think this is most likely where we spend the TPE. Marcus Smart, Evan Fournier, Marcus Morris...bad fit with Paschall I suppose.

2. Centre. Chriss really a small ball 5 and Looney unreliable. Gasol for the MLE would be the dream. Punchable head aside, Olnyk for most of the TPE kind of works. Maybe Baynes is a smart MLE plan B.

3. Back up PG. Could be solved through the draft otherwise we are likely looking at vet min guys. Derrick White, Monte Morris ideal, more likely a DJ Augustin type.

4. Depth. Bring back GR3 and Alex Burks. The end.

Klay trained with the team for the first time in 470 days.

Can't help but think our team fully fit would be better than these last 4 teams.

May be somewhat bias :p
Pick 2 and Wiggins should be on the table if we’re serious. Jrue Holiday is definitely the touted scenario that intrigues me most.

The stupidly named Jrue Holiday is a good player, but do the Warriors really want another 30 year old smallish guard? Obviously a very good defender but I'm not sure he's the right move.
Yeah Jrue is top shelf, but I can't see how he's a priority...that's 100m or so tied up at the 1 and 2, with plenty of holes still to fill in the roster.

I'm thinking we at least go into the season with Wiggins. Try and find a quality swingman with the TPE, and a stretch big with the MLE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back