Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors,Chicago Bulls
I know lol pre-season and all, but we're +15 with Steph on the floor and -6 with him off. Definitely going to be a concern whenever he's not on the floor.

All universe is Steph, things revolve around him even when he doesn’t have the ball.

Can the rest of the roster make them pay?

I Like Kelly Oubre, no Klay, but who is....thought he was a dud in Washington but grew to really like what he does at the end of his time there, same at the Suns, will be fun to watch, plays both ends

Wiggins the human question mark, what will we get? If he takes steps forward we could do something if not we don’t.

Looking forward to Wiseman and seeing what he can do both ends.

Even more so on D and even more so with Draymond.

I think Dray will really bring it this year, we will be competitive and he will do a bit of everything, Chriss and Wiseman can catch lobs, Dray can set em up, finish and as Fitz says “play the D” like few others as defensive captain.

Wish we had his running mate Klay...

Baze been solid in preseason, Wanamaker is solid, in the bubble he made the open shots and didn’t turn it over.

Will be good, can’t get his own like Liv though.

Interested to see how we use Paschall after a great rookie year, Poole put in a lot of work in the offseason, could these two with Baze, etc help keep us scoring when Steph is off the floor.

Bring it on!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep have been some good signs in the pre-season...length and mobility are the standouts just from the eye test.

Steph pretty quick to blow the rust out, Oubre and Baze did some good things, the little bit of Wanamaker I saw was great...knock down off the catch and shoot. A healthy Looney too...at least for now...which is a huge bonus. We run pretty damn deep when you add in Dray and Wiseman.

Think our season will hinge on how we gel as a team and how quickly Kerr and co can settle on our preferred line-ups. Three point shooting is my only concern...never going to replace the gravity of Klay, but we really need a couple of solid threats to give Steph some breathing space.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Absolute abortion.

Looked like a pick up game.

Got to remember it's been a long time since they last played and we've had no pre-season. Can only improve after that.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Well...Wiseman was good off no pre-season...I suppose there's that...

Yep, Wiseman very good, plenty to work with there.

Loved Oubre’s effort and energy.

Draymond will help.

Wiggins was horrid, only the first game of the year.

Kevin Durant is very good at basketball and Brooklyn very impressive and bat deep.

Steph going to need a consistent scoring wingman.

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep, Wiseman very good, plenty to work with there.

Loved Oubre’s effort and energy.

Draymond will help.

Wiggins was horrid, only the first game of the year.

Kevin Durant is very good at basketball and Brooklyn very impressive and bat deep.

Steph going to need a consistent scoring wingman.
And consistency may be the problem...I can see Oubre and Wiggins killing it as often as they disappear, at least offensively.

Good to see Durant has recovered well...but is there a more petulant douche in the league?

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
And consistency may be the problem...I can see Oubre and Wiggins killing it as often as they disappear, at least offensively.

Good to see Durant has recovered well...but is there a more petulant douche in the league?

So far Wiggins and Oubre have been consistent, both struggling to makes shots.

Can’t win if you can’t shoot.

Oubre will get better, Wiggins is true to form.

Would prefer to watch Paschall get more shots.

Wiseman the absolute highlight after only 2 games.

How many rebounds off missed foul shots did we give up?

Played 2 very good teams, Bulls and Pistons next up so almost must wins.

Get Dray back which has to help.

We need more shot creators, Dray will create for others, currently it’s Steph or no one.

3 point shooting league, if we can’t make them it will be a struggle.

KD and Kyrie both unique personalities, will be interesting to see how the dynamic goes when the Nets hit a rough patch.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Finish the road trip 2-2.

Wonder if we will look at Javale McGee as a rim runner to replace Chriss?

D.Lee shooting it well, game winner in Chicago and clutch 3 in Detroit.

He and Mulder getting more minutes as we look for shooting.

Thought Wiggins and Oubre worked hard to contribute even when shooting badly with rebounding, assists and D.

The question mark was the answer in Detroit, Wiggins catching fire in the second half.

Need more of that!!!

Love Oubres D, just needs to hit a respectable clip on offence.

Love watching Wiseman learn on the job, learnt in Detroit to keep his arms up and not bite on pump fakes, enjoy his block and take it the length of the floor at the 6 min mark of the 4th vs the Pistons.

Bench coming along Wanamaker being more aggressive, Paschall more involved, thought Tuscano was excellent in Chicago and solid in Detroit, just does the dirty work in lieu of Draymond.

Looney solid as always, need him as Pistons owned the boards in the first half.

Steph gonna Steph, what more can you say?

We will learn more over the 7 games home stand as neither Chicago or Detroit are playoff teams.

We are only there or thereabouts in the playoff picture but fun to see what we can do once Draymond returns.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Agree with everything you say.

2-2 is the expected result, just unfortunately not competitive in the two losses.

Oubres D has been great.

Getting smashed on the boards can't be an ongoing thing or we're in trouble.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
134697848_3663284973725707_1932492757529725062_n.jpg

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah, I'm finding it hard to see us threatening playoffs...rebounding, three point shooting, and a reliable scoring big are just too many roster issues to fix with the bits and bobs we have to work with.

How hard should we be death riding the Wolves? What was the protection again???

Back