Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Mirror image of game 3. Home team jump out to a handy lead, away team grind back to a lead, home team get it back together in the last.

No such thing as an ugly win in the finals but damn that was close.

Refs were touchy as hell. Early Looney fouls a given in game 6.

Let's get this!

Happy Hour Reaction GIF by New Girl

Still a bit gobsmacked tbh. So many strong squads, so many injuries, so much s**t talked.

Steph, Klay, Dray, GP2 all long term injuries. Wiseman a non factor, the ghost of Iggy a non factor.

We just banked a chip with Kevon ******* Looney our only genuine big.

Huge minutes from GP2...a guy who applied for a job in our video dept at the start if the year.

And we've got three lottery picks sitting on the pine.

You can't write this s**t...

JTA gone to Lakers, looks like GP2 gone to PDX at 3/30 kinda money. No one can deny the dude a payday...earnt it the hard way.

Plenty of centre movement already...which I've construed to mean we likely get Looney back...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Lee is one of those players that stirs up a lot of emotions in fans. I remember after last years Dubs playoff run people said they should trade him, because they are better without him. I'm really divided on him. I get the feeling he is the worst superstar in the league or the best non-superstar. His numbers are good, as always.

Over his career he averages 15/10 and this season he's a 19/10 guy. He's never shot less than 50% over a season in his career, is a very good free throw shooter for his size and is currently in his prime. He has a million moves in the post (imagine what Howard could do if he had that many moves).

Injury not withstanding later in the year he will hit 10,000 points, and I can't see any reason he wouldn't project to hit at least 17,000 or so career points and over 10,000 rebounds. There aren't many scrubs that finish with those sort of numbers.

I also don't find it a surprise that the Warriors have just come off their best run of their season when Lee is playing really well (22/10 at over 60% shooting in the last 10). While their run was against the leastern conference, you need to remember that during that run Curry usually followed an incredible game with an ordinary one. He's been up and down, while Lee was the constant.

Now his defense is all over the place. I don't think he is a terrible defender, but he obviously isn't good either. He does form part of one of the top 5 defenses in the league (that has Curry at point guard - a defensive sieve), so it can't be that bad.

He's a 50/50 shot at another all star birth this year, which would put him at 3 for his career (out of 9 seasons).

One blight on his career is that he tends to get numbers and his teams don't do that well (until last season). To be fair on him he wasn't really surrounded by many good teammates in New York.

So where do you rate Lee?

I think they should promote that Green guy off the bench.

So I think we're probably done and leave the last roster spot open.

Steph, Poole, DDV
Klay, DDV, Poole
Wiggins, Moody, Iggy
Draymond, Kuminga, JaMychal
Looney, Wiseman, JaMychal

Pretty good depth if injuries don't hit too hard...we're starting camp with a clean bill of health which is two better than last year. Baldwin Junior and Rollins I guess we will see at times.

Early call on Moody as my dark horse for the year. He's got all the tools to be a high level rotation piece.

I've defended a lot of s**t with Dray, but that's my threshold...near enough to a coward punch against a much smaller team mate, who apparently had no part in it.

Respect lost.

I've defended a lot of s**t with Dray, but that's my threshold...near enough to a coward punch against a much smaller team mate, who apparently had no part in it.

Respect lost.

Yeah, if the Warriors don't do something about it, the NBA surely has to.

Time for Steph to show some leadership on this too, and make a statement.

I don't see how Dray and Poole can get past this, even if there is a public reconciliation. Its the sort of thing that kills team chemistry, and Dray has form on this.

Respect lost.

Agree, supposed to be a VET and a leader, been a loose unit many times but this is extremely poor.

You can only use the excuse of passion and competitiveness so many times when being hot headed and undisciplined is also part of the reason just as often.

I get he has plays on the edge to get the best out of himself and to be a success in the league and respect that, as without it he may not be in the NBA but this is so unnecessary, disruptive and disrespectful.

The contract juggle with Green,Poole and Wiggins is going to be a challenge but sadly this might make choices easier as I doubt we will pay Draymond what he expects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poole gets $140m over 4 years and Wiggins gets $109m over 4 years.

It's great but seems in reverse then the way it should be for me.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I'd expect there's some scares for Wiggins and people saying he was overpaid last time.

$27M a year is a good amount and people won't complain.

Wiggins balled out in finals, tagged Tatum and was a starting all star. He's done enough.

I assume the idea is to keep wiseman kuminga moody(?)

Looks a great young core for the champions with Wiggins and Poole

Remove this Banner Ad

Back