Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

To make matters worse, Dallas Clippers Timberwolves and Suns all won today. We're back in 7th on the head to head breaker.

Pelicans tomorrow at home... If we lose to them we'll be behind them in the standings. MUST MUST win game to avoid the play in

To make matters worse, Dallas Clippers Timberwolves and Suns all won today. We're back in 7th on the head to head breaker.

Pelicans tomorrow at home... If we lose to them we'll be behind them in the standings. MUST MUST win game to avoid the play in

Yep that L to the T'wolves will come back and bite us

Losing today will all but guarantee no automatic playoffs which is a shame

What a 2nd half comeback!

We were being outplayed in that first half falling behind 20. Really poor with the turnovers plus giving up the 3 free throws with 0.5 on the clock on a full court shot was pretty unforgivable.

Glad we found our mojo, critical win.

Good news is the twolves play the suns tomorrow, so one of the teams above us will lose. Clippers also play the Grizzlies, so another tricky game.

5 games left. If we go 4-1 we'll be above the play in. 3-2 or 2-3 and it's it off our hands.

TIEBREAKER BASIS FOR TWO-WAY TIES:
  • (1) Head-to-head won-lost percentage
  • (2) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
  • (3) Division won-lost percentage for teams in the same division
  • (4) Conference won-lost percentage
  • (5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
  • (6) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
  • (7) Net Points, all games

1 - 2-2
2 - neither team leading division,
3 - from different divisions.
4 - Twolves are 27-20 we are 26-21

If that ends up being a tie, then the others I can't calculate yet

Not sure what is happening with Wiggins but could this be handled better??

If the rumour was true I would encourage Wiggins to come back and play if I was in the Warriors think tank, the fans will support him, even the opposition fans would probably support him, he can be with his Warriors family to help him take his mind off things and whatever the situation the process could well be therapeutic as well as beneficial for Wiggins and the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clippers lost to NO today, so we're up to 5th. There is a huge logjam of teams within a 1 loss of us. So it's still all to play for over the next week.

Nuggets tomorrow will tell us a lot about where we'll end up (even thought it seems to change every hour with upsets)

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported Monday that Andrew Wiggins is “nearing a return” to Golden State after missing the team’s last 22 games due to previously undisclosed personal family matters.

Some good news.

Interesting last 3-4 games for the NBA

My predictions:
Suns take 3rd with wins v OKC, Spurs, Den, LAL
Kings to slide to 4th with loses to Den, NO, Mavs, GSW
Warriors 5th with wins v OKC, Sac, Port

1680569156698.png

Attachments

• 1680568920391.png
    1680568920391.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 17
Lakers are playing the clippers today. One of them will match or record roun the win, the other will fall a loss behind. NO looks like losing tho the grizz so will be back awry 40-40.

Seconds after I put the post up above the pels got back to back 3s and cut the lead to 6 and proceeded to win in OT. Crazy.

Lakers now a loss back. Clippers must hold the breaker over us so with the same record will finish 5.

Big game against the king's then the blazers to close out

Seconds after I put the post up above the pels got back to back 3s and cut the lead to 6 and proceeded to win in OT. Crazy.

Lakers now a loss back. Clippers must hold the breaker over us so with the same record will finish 5.

Big game against the king's then the blazers to close out

Phoenix basically control what happens from here. And they’d definitely want to play the Clippers over you guys IMHO (GSW would rather Sac over Phoenix too so works out well) They will just tank the last game against LAC.

The status of the last few games. Best we win out 😁.

If Golden State wins its final two games -- at Sacramento on Friday and at Portland on Sunday -- the Warriors cannot finish lower than sixth. Golden State will lose head-to-head tiebreakers against every single team around them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back