Remove this Banner Ad

Superb G1 win!!!
KD was absolutely immense
Steph backed him up
Our bench was pretty solid
Only 4 turnovers for the game is crazy good
Klay still stinking the joint out, bit of a concern

Bring on G2! Disappointing it's a Monday game Aus time and not a Sunday :-(
Yeah, stars came to play, bench stood up, defense was solid, took care of the ball. Great start.

Just watching the replay. JaVale was epic in the first...set the tone.

At Oracle the Cavs cannot match the Warriors at all, not even close. I feel like the Cavs need an injury or suspension or two to have a chance in this series.

One thing I've thought for a while, Curry is a fantastic rebounder, if only he was half a foot taller! He gets tenacious around the boards and loves keeping it alive on the offensive end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst i don't think we played nearly as well in G2, it was a huge relief to chalk up another home win.

+ KD & Steph continuing their amazing form
+ Klay finding his stroke again and dropping 22
+ We responded well to a couple of big challenges from them
+ Steve Kerr back on deck and healthy (enough) again

- Draymond getting into foul trouble
- 20 turnovers (incl a whopping 8 from Steph)
- Only 2 minutes playing time for JaVale (seriously, WTF?)
- Defence overall was pretty poor with the exception of Klay's smothering work and KD's 5 blocks

Onto Game 3, time to #DestroyTheLand!!

Last edited:
Still still not planning the parade just yet, but gee we will take some beating.

Series so far just highlights how well put together our roster is.

We've drafted the right guys, we've traded for the right guys, we've let the right guys go, we've picked up the right free agents and buy outs, we've paid them all the right money, at the right times, we picked the right rookie coach, and we've put the right support around him.

And we've done it all in such a way that it doesn't split at the seams next year.

It's a ******* unreal ride.

Quicken Loans Arena games will be really tough. Bracing for a fired-up Cavs outfit today.

But you can really see the hunger in our guys. They've definitely got a score to settle, and KD wants that ring real bad.

Just feel dirty watching Golden State all season...

Good job on ruining a potential historic rivalry

Still still not planning the parade just yet, but gee we will take some beating.

Series so far just highlights how well put together our roster is.

We've drafted the right guys, we've traded for the right guys, we've let the right guys go, we've picked up the right free agents and buy outs, we've paid them all the right money, at the right times, we picked the right rookie coach, and we've put the right support around him.

And we've done it all in such a way that it doesn't split at the seams next year.

It's a ******* unreal ride.

The thing that gets me with GSW is that they recruited well, by bringing in KD (obviously) but still manage to keep great bench depth... such a hard team to beat.

They'll win this in a sweep now, that game would have shot the Cavs down.

The thing that gets me with GSW is that they recruited well, by bringing in KD (obviously) but still manage to keep great bench depth... such a hard team to beat

Thing that stands out is how adaptable our bench guys are. Iggy, Livingston and West are all high IQ vets, can play a role with starters, or be more assertive when playing with the far end of the bench, and can all play a couple of positions. JaVale has brough energy on both ends of the floor all season, even Clark has grown his game and can play spot minutes at point if called upon. And yes, it obviously helps playing with at least two of the big four at any given time.

Cavs bench is every bit as talented on paper...maybe moreso, but no flexibility. D Will, Korver, Shump, Frye...all do one thing well, and can't seem to adapt, least not so far this series, unless the right situation presents. Frye isn't going to stretch the floor too much if you can't risk giving him minutes. It's like GM Le Bron has focused too much on bringing in the right skill-set, rather than the right individuals.

KD is an absolute beast
- gives us critical baskets when we need them
- stretches the floor as a tall who's also a perimeter threat
- can put his head down and drive to the hole
- damn hard to stop when he's handling in transition
- makes LeBron work overtime on D
- makes crucial blocks
- grabs a ton of rebounds

There were question marks on his ability to deliver at the pointy end, but he's destroying them at the moment.

KD is an absolute beast
- gives us critical baskets when we need them
- stretches the floor as a tall who's also a perimeter threat
- can put his head down and drive to the hole
- damn hard to stop when he's handling in transition
- makes LeBron work overtime on D
- makes crucial blocks
- grabs a ton of rebounds

There were question marks on his ability to deliver at the pointy end, but he's destroying them at the moment.

A poor man's Harrison Barnes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn't play bad.

They just made a ridiculous mount of difficult shots.

This.

They wont do it at Oracle and they continue to play very individual-specific basketball (e.g. Kyrie dribble for 15 seconds and shoot whilst everybody else stands around). Gotta hand it to them though, they were f**king on.

I'll back our team to bounce back pretty well in game 5 and close this out.

Got to stay out of foul trouble early. It ****ed us up bad in Game 4. Lots of free throws that gave them confidence, plus meant we couldn't be as aggressive defensively. Also cut down on our early transition play.

19030640_10155580876037526_3787270406588581065_n.jpg

Doris Burke: how did you blend all these talents to win this championship?

Steve Kerr: we have very little talent actually, it was mostly the coaching.

Brilliant performance, the Cavs just couldn't get stops in the second and last quarters. Amazing scenes at Oracle.

The dubs becoming champs again has at least put to rest the narrative that Lebron is the Greatest of All Time. Lebron nuthuggers were becoming unbearable and hopefully their obnoxious claims to His Airness throne has been dealt a fatal blow and thus silencing such silliness forever.

We didn't play bad.

They just made a ridiculous mount of difficult shots.

The same can be said for today, except we got the win. Some of JR Smith and Kyrie's shots were low percentage shots that kept going in (Kyrie in the first half mainly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back