List Mgmt. Goldstein talks ramp up

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne has not hit a stalemate in its contract talks with restricted free agent Todd Goldstein and is set to renew its discussions with the ruckman next week, North football director Geoff Walsh says.

Also:

Walsh said North had opened contract talks with 25-year-old key defender Hansen.

"We've been talking to Alex McDonald (Hansen's manager) and had our first meaningful discussions this week," Walsh said.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-03-14/unsigned-goldy-no-stress-for-roos

Interesting to read that Goldy is quoted as a $600,000 per year player according to the anon oppo list manager.

Hugely important player for us, given he should hit his absolute peak in the next contract period.

Interesting to read that Goldy is quoted as a $600,000 per year player according to the anon oppo list manager.

Hugely important player for us, given he should hit his absolute peak in the next contract period.

That isn't exactly what he said, he said he could expect up to $600k from rival clubs to leave, you usually have to pay a premium to have someone leave their existing club/environment.

Inb4trade4tomboyd

I would have traded Goldstein for Boyd and then given mummy $2.5m for 5.

People don't understand the difference a physical behemoth would mean for our team.

We are soft, other teams know this and Goldy (like all ruckmen) sets the tone & through this apathy for want of a better word, other teams know they're never beaten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have traded Goldstein for Boyd and then given mummy $2.5m for 5.

People don't understand the difference a physical behemoth would mean for our team.

We are soft, other teams know this and Goldy (like all ruckmen) sets the tone & through this apathy for want of a better word, other teams know they're never beaten.

1. That trade was never discussed so most likley would never have happen anyway one way or another.

2. Mumford is not a better ruckman than Goldstein. He is probably fatter though, yes.

3. Goldstein had some bad games in 2013, but plenty more good ones. He is not 'aggressive', but he is not soft. Arguably has the biggest workload of any of our players to shoulder basically every week, usually when 2 against 1, hence his occasional fade-out.

Overall, I disagree on all points......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

>Goldstein isn't good enough for the 10th best team in the comp
>Yeah we'll take pick 1 thanks

Sounds like Laidley-eque ruckman shopping around ability. :p

Goldy made the AA squad last year if I am not mistaken, over the last three years the Goldy -> Swallow combination is one of the top in the competition. Not good enough for us though? :eek:

It's disgusting. Surely we should be bashing Gibson or Macmillan.

They get 1 match grace. JMac to his credit has been ok this pre-season, Gibbo, not so much.

We're bashing Goldstein in this topic now?

Not bashing, just stating the obvious.
He is a gentle giant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mumford was a good ruckman... in 2011.

Since going to Sydney he has managed 535 hitouts (25.5 avg) in 2010, 662 (34.8) in 2011, 459 (27) in 2012 and 581 (26.4) in 2013 with one the heaviest stoppage teams in the competition.

In the same time Goldstein has managed 367 (17.5) in 2010, 741 (35.3) in 2011, 663 (31.5) in 2012 and 822 (37.4) in 2013.

Mumford averages about 1 more tackle per game.

Should have traded him for Hawthorn's list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back