Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Got fitted for a driver yesterday with my
pro. Walked out with a Ping G425 Max, 9 degrees loft with a stiff shaft. Also worked on reducing my launch angle. I tee the ball too high which encourages it. My club head speed hovers around 107mph but I lose a lot of distance because the ball goes too high. Had to tee the ball lower and feel like I was hitting down on the ball more. The driver feels very forgiving. Im prone to a duck hook with my old Ping i20 driver but the same strike is much straighter with the new driver set up to fade.

Never heard of it?

An App?

Yes its a watch, app and tag system that uses GPS. Screw it tags on all your clubs. Tags pick up your shot locations. App gives you all sorts of stats - distances, GUR, strokes gained, fairways hit, up and down etc etc

Got fitted for a driver yesterday with my
pro. Walked out with a Ping G425 Max, 9 degrees loft with a stiff shaft. Also worked on reducing my launch angle. I tee the ball too high which encourages it. My club head speed hovers around 107mph but I lose a lot of distance because the ball goes too high. Had to tee the ball lower and feel like I was hitting down on the ball more. The driver feels very forgiving. Im prone to a duck hook with my old Ping i20 driver but the same strike is much straighter with the new driver set up to fade.

have tried that club. like a rocket

Interesting.

I could have sworn that Trackman data had proved that fading/drawing was a 100% swing path related.

That and club face angle at impact, obviously.

Moveable weights can influence these factors to an extent by changing the club’s centre of gravity and moment of inertia.

That and club face angle at impact, obviously.
That's definitely been disproven.

Check out Trackman Maestro's iconic Ball Flight Laws video for an explanation of why face angle has nothing to do with ball curve.

He maintains that Bubba Watson's famous hooked pitching wedge out of the trees at the 2012 Masters can only have been achieved with a square or open clubface.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's definitely been disproven.

Check out Trackman Maestro's iconic Ball Flight Laws video for an explanation of why face angle has nothing to do with ball curve.

He maintains that Bubba Watson's famous hooked pitching wedge out of the trees at the 2012 Masters can only have been achieved with a square or open clubface.

I’m not sure if you’re taking the piss - it isn’t rocket science. Maybe I should have been more specific - club face angle in relation to club path.

You could have a big in to out swing for example. What happens to the ball is dictated by the relative face angle. If path matches face angle you’re going to get a might big straight push. If the face is closed in relation to the path the ball (ie: a square club face) the ball will have side spin that curves it right to left.

It’s not too dissimilar to how a soccer player curls a free kick.

IMG_1562.JPG

Golf Balls - how often do you swap it out? Play it until you lose it or swap it out after every round/two rounds?

Golf Balls - how often do you swap it out? Play it until you lose it or swap it out after every round/two rounds?
In social golf or just having a hit, pretty much play whatever I pull out of my bag. As a way of comparing balls if nothing else. Play it until you lose it. For competitive rounds, a sleeve of whatever ball I've decided to by a box of most recently. Currently Tour Speed. I'm pretty sure in competitive golf you need to replace a lost/damaged ball with the same ball make/model. I could be wrong but that's why I have a sleeve of new balls to play with.

Wouldn't use one for more than 2 rounds. Hit a few trees in a round and it might be replaced after 1 round

Remove this Banner Ad

Back