Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 1 more sleep until srixon zx mk11 irons are in store!
Really looking forward to viewing the topline of the zx4 mk11 irons. Last model was too chunky, so went with zx5. Even though I'm off 10hcp, I like GI irons.
It's the only picture I couldn't find anywhere, so had to wait.

Only 1 more sleep until srixon zx mk11 irons are in store!
Really looking forward to viewing the topline of the zx4 mk11 irons. Last model was too chunky, so went with zx5. Even though I'm off 10hcp, I like GI irons.
It's the only picture I couldn't find anywhere, so had to wait.
I have a club fitting next week, so I wonder how quickly the recent clubs are in the fitters catalogue to try and test?

I have a club fitting next week, so I wonder how quickly the recent clubs are in the fitters catalogue to try and test?
How did you go with the fitting?
I tried the demo irons out on the range.

I have to say the feel isn't as nice as the z785s and zx7's. Wasn't quite the same solid buttery feel imo.

Did you get the same feeling?

I have to say the feel isn't as nice as the z785s and zx7's. Wasn't quite the same solid buttery feel imo.

Had to reschedule as couldn’t make it, actually haven’t had a hit in a couple of weeks now

Brand new custom Takomo 101 irons arrived today!

Left hand, +0.25 inches, 2 degrees flat with KBS tour lite shafts and lamkin grips. 8 weeks and 2 days after I ordered them. Love the look and feel of them (coming from old chunky lynx clubs with graphite shafts). Still a big, forgiving head but they look sleek to me given my last set. About $800 for the custom set delivered. I spent another $100 on a fitting at House of Golf, just using the P790 head and trying the different shafts offered by Takomo to nail down my specs, or as close as I could without hitting the Takomos. Gonna give them a whack after work, just came here to share the news! 20221205_152546.jpg 20221205_161415.jpg 20221205_161440.jpg

Brand new custom Takomo 101 irons arrived today!

Left hand, +0.25 inches, 2 degrees flat with KBS tour lite shafts and lamkin grips. 8 weeks and 2 days after I ordered them. Love the look and feel of them (coming from old chunky lynx clubs with graphite shafts). Still a big, forgiving head but they look sleek to me given my last set. About $800 for the custom set delivered. I spent another $100 on a fitting at House of Golf, just using the P790 head and trying the different shafts offered by Takomo to nail down my specs, or as close as I could without hitting the Takomos. Gonna give them a whack after work, just came here to share the news!View attachment 1567676View attachment 1567677View attachment 1567678
They look mint. Very simple and clean design.
$800 for a custom fitted set seems a really good price?

They look mint. Very simple and clean design.
$800 for a custom fitted set seems a really good price?
Yeah they're good value.. and high end components too, the KBS shafts are nice. Just went and hit them, they go looonnngg and straight! This is their most forgiving club, but they don't look like big shovels, very clean and compact look. They have players and cavity back options too.

But yeah, quite a few direct to consumer brands out there that are much more affordable options than the big name brands, if you're willing to buy sight unseen

I was going to buy a set of those a while ago, but I really prefer a gw in my traditional set. They only come in 4-pw.

Last edited:
I’ve had my TS2 driver for about three years, so went to Drummond to compare with the new releases (TSr2, Stealth, Ping G430.)

Negligible difference between what I have and the new stuff. Simulator said I was carrying on average around 225m for 237m total with 105mph swing speed with each of them.

Certainly not worth the $800+ to upgrade.

I’ve had my TS2 driver for about three years, so went to Drummond to compare with the new releases (TSr2, Stealth, Ping G430.)

Negligible difference between what I have and the new stuff. Simulator said I was carrying on average around 225m for 237m total with 105mph swing speed with each of them.

Certainly not worth the $800+ to upgrade.
Only worth upgrading every 5 years imo. No noticeable difference from 1 year to the next.
Unless you have lots of disposable money and want a new toy every year.

brought a little x-mas gift to myself.

Replaces my basic golf set hybrid. Is the first new Hybrid/Wood/Driver I have brought, so it will be interesting to see how I go with something designed for a basic golfer and not poor.

Thinking about buying a cheap quality driver to top it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I go in for a fitting will they give me a breakdown of what suits me and I can order online for better prices?

Also looking at getting balls off lost golf balls.com.au - anyone have any feedback for them?

if you get all the info, sure shop around if youre lucky enough to be prescribed with standard lies and shafts.

personally if it suits stay with the fitter and order from them

If I go in for a fitting will they give me a breakdown of what suits me and I can order online for better prices?
You'd hope so. My mate got a PING fitting at a store recently and the set came back at an astronomical price. $1000 for the Driver alone irons about $2k.

Staggering people are prepared to pay these numbers in the hope of better scores.

You'd hope so. My mate got a PING fitting at a store recently and the set came back at an astronomical price. $1000 for the Driver alone irons about $2k.

Staggering people are prepared to pay these numbers in the hope of better scores.
Which driver was he looking at?

$2k for a full set of fitted irons isn't really that bad.

I think if the data and results are they're hitting them better than their current set, who's to say that's a lot to spend? Obviously it's a waste of money if there's no difference to that and whatever they're currently playing.

I sold a club on eBay but I haven’t received payment yet. It will be 48hrs since the sale early tomorrow morning. Obviously, I haven’t sent the club yet.
eBay had an automated message set up for me to send requesting payment. I sent that several hours ago.
The wait continues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back