Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

good thread.

havent changed irons since like 4eva. still hacking away with 9 year old integras. lulza.

websites are awesome for golf deals. but i still prefer getting to know the local pro and striking up a working relationship. thereafter he will fit and give you a good deal

btw theirs a deal for used clubs at global golf for lefties to get 25% off. That includes the mint clubs.

"Lefties"ought to not pay anywhere near the same price right handed clubs are going for, unless they're getting specially fitted for them, or they're just brand new on the market. If they're after stock standard then you can get left handed versions for so much less it's not funny at times. Same goes for womens clubs (my experience is that selling them can be like trying to sell them explosive diarrhea, so I haven't bought any for years) and senior flex clubs. Anything that is not highly sought after, you can usually get for significantly less than the equivalent model in the more sought after and popular configurations.
I once saw some new Ping Rapture V2 fairway woods (which retailed for as much as $370 or so) being sold by someone on eBay, one a left handed 4 wood and the other a right handed 5 wood, from memory. They were both on at the same time (both started at 99c, or so) and the left handed one sold for a paltry $26, while the RH one sold for around $80. I had one of this model myself, that I was waiting to sell, but I didn't want to list it until these ones got out of the way. Once theirs sold and there were no others on for the moment, I listed mine and got something like $130 for it, which is the sort of price I always expected to get for it (from memory mine might not have even been new).
That's an example of A: how ridiculously cheaply clubs can sell for on eBay at times (especially if those selling them have little idea how to sell) and B: How ludicrously cheaply left handed clubs can sell for, compared to the RH equivalent. I've seen it plenty of times but that is the most extreme example.
It all comes down to supply and demand, when it comes to LH, womens and senior clubs, etc. There are plenty around and very few to buy them, so they know they can get them dirt cheap.

btw theirs a deal for used clubs at global golf for lefties to get 25% off. That includes the mint clubs.

Link to the offer please? Cant seem to see it on their site.

Try selling lefty clubs on ebay. It was hard.
Tell me about it. I still have some left handed clubs I bought 2-3 years ago that I still haven't gotten around to selling yet. The main reason is that I basically wanted to wait till I sold all the right handed versions of those models first, before listing the left handed ones and I just haven't gotten around to selling the LH ones yet. I'm not particularly looking forward to it, as I expect they'll sell for so little it will hurt!
I could have sold them at the same time, but chances are the left handed ones would have sold for less than the RH ones and I didn't want to get feedback for the LH ones then, because then it would make it harder to sell the RH ones at the sort of prices we needed to sell them for.
If the "righties" saw that I'd been selling the LH ones for less, I'm pretty sure they would have been less inclined to buy the RH ones for the prices I was selling them for (and needed to sell them for, as they cost us significantly more). I could have put a footnote that the LH ones were cheaper because they generally cost us considerably less, but I just figured it wasn't worth it (and many are suspicious of what anyone says on eBay, even if we're telling them the truth), so I left the LH ones till last and basically stopped buying LH ones as they didn't seem to be worth the trouble (and there wasn't a lot of demand for them).
As I said though, if you think selling LH clubs is difficult, try selling women's ones there, or better still, left handed women's ones!

Tell me about it. I still have a bunch of left handed clubs I bought 2-3 years ago that I still haven't gotten around to selling yet. The main reason is that I basically wanted to wait till I sold all the right handed versions of those models first, before listing the left handed ones and I just haven't gotten around to selling the LH ones yet. I'm not particularly looking forward to it, as I expect they'll sell for so little it will hurt!
I could have sold them at the same time, but chances are the left handed ones would have sold for less than the RH ones and I didn't want to get feedback for the LH ones then, because then it would make it harder to sell the RH ones at the sort of prices we needed to sell them for.
If the "righties" saw that I'd been selling the LH ones for less, I'm pretty sure they would have been less inclined to buy the RH ones for the prices I was selling them for (and needed to sell them for, as they cost us significantly more). I could have put a footnote that the LH ones were cheaper because they generally cost us considerably less, but I just figured it wasn't worth it (and many are suspicious of what anyone says on eBay, even if we're telling them the truth), so I left the LH ones till last and basically stopped buying LH ones as they didn't seem to be worth the trouble (and there wasn't a lot of demand for them).
As I said though, if you think selling LH clubs is difficult, try selling women's ones there, or better still, left handed women's ones!

Paragraphs brah.

Looking at getting some new wedges. Might just go the Vokeys like everyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone (Besides from ROSEMVP) used Globalgolf?

Thinking about putting in an order with my mate, but have read some mixed reviews about it. Commonly about the clubs being over-rated in terms of rating and poor customer service.

so like off-season on the basketball board? :D

caine.jpg

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tell me about it. I still have some left handed clubs I bought 2-3 years ago that I still haven't gotten around to selling yet. The main reason is that I basically wanted to wait till I sold all the right handed versions of those models first, before listing the left handed ones and I just haven't gotten around to selling the LH ones yet. I'm not particularly looking forward to it, as I expect they'll sell for so little it will hurt!

I'm thinking I'm getting pretty close to upgrading, and am a left hander..where's the best place to shop online do you think?

I'm thinking I'm getting pretty close to upgrading, and am a left hander..where's the best place to shop online do you think?
Wherever you get the best deal for your money.
I'll go into that in more detail when I'm no longer selling clubs myself.
Up until that point, eBay Australia, of course! :D
That way your money stays in the country and may help to keep someone here employed and will mean they have some money to spend on whatever it is you do for a living.
If they're not in the ballpark, though, you'll probably be better off looking OS.

I had a hit with the new Callaway Razr driver yesterday, and was consistently rolling it into the 250m fence at Sandy.

I'm currently playing a 11.5 reg Taylormade Burner and was testing the 10.5 reg.

It was not flying as far but seemed to have an extra 20-30m run on my own driver, how that translates into real world conditions, I'm not sure. The dispersion was definitely a lot tighter however.

Sneaking $450 past the Mrs might be tough though.

I had a hit with the new Callaway Razr driver yesterday, and was consistently rolling it into the 250m fence at Sandy.

I'm currently playing a 11.5 reg Taylormade Burner and was testing the 10.5 reg.

It was not flying as far but seemed to have an extra 20-30m run on my own driver, how that translates into real world conditions, I'm not sure. The dispersion was definitely a lot tighter however.

Sneaking $450 past the Mrs might be tough though.

nice work brah.

im gonna get another driver next month. getting a pro fitting, but i want the new taylor made.

as for the 450 bucks and the mrs. tell her you spent 450 bucks on a V-day present - a strong, long shaft for her.

Hey lads, I'm currently playing of 19 to 20. Seem to have most of my problems from 6 iron and above. I hit a draw, usually a big one to.

Just wondering if the benefit is really there from getting clubs fitted, I currently have
- Cleveland launcher 9 deg stiff shaft
- Wilson 3 wood, 15 deg
- Taylor made 3 hybrid, 21 deg ( can't hit it for s**t)
- got some powerbilt sticks down to sand iron ( only things in lefty) they are 2009 models I think
- Wilson staff 52 and 60 deg wedges

Will getting a great set of irons that are fitted to your swing make much of a difference?? My bad shot is a duck hook off the tee and a big roping hook with the irons but they still start on line

nice work brah.

im gonna get another driver next month. getting a pro fitting, but i want the new taylor made.

as for the 450 bucks and the mrs. tell her you spent 450 bucks on a V-day present - a strong, long shaft for her.

I got the Taylormade R11 driver around Christmas time.

Best thing i ever did.

brb flying it 15m further
brb hitting a nice draw most of the time
brb white and aesthetic as fawk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back