Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cart bags are longer and fit on push buggies.

Well, Ill find a way.

also got thes ebad boys at national

1k_r3000_3qleft.jpg

They work ok.

Could do that. Or I could maintain the status quo. The big wheel buggies work, I can spend money on other things like balls.
I find it bizarre that someone who plays golf as much as you and opts to talk most of the time won't spend money on a push cart. I've used the crappy ones they provide at courses and have found it so much easier using a 3-wheel push cart. Plus the additional features they come with, i wouldn't imagine playing golf without one.

https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/tri-lite-deluxe-buggy-black.html

I find it bizarre that someone who plays golf as much as you and opts to talk most of the time won't spend money on a push cart. I've used the crappy ones they provide at courses and have found it so much easier using a 3-wheel push cart. Plus the additional features they come with, i wouldn't imagine playing golf without one.

https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/tri-lite-deluxe-buggy-black.html

A fair assessment. I actually do have a 3 wheeler at home. It's somewhere. Actually, is it at home? I lent it to someone..... crap.

I dont mind dragging the bag and metal buggy around. Provides a bit of resistance. Sure a 3 wheeler would be easier, but it doesnt make a blimp on my golf radar.

but appreciate your suggestion!

Golfbox an extra 10% off clearance items. There's a set of Mizzy JPX900 Tours and TM P770/750 that can be had at great prices

Hi Guys and Girls of Big Footy,

I'm looking for some very serious guidance/recommendations; I bought a set of Mizuno JPX 825 Pros (see below) a few years ago, and they're a little too advanced for me.. From memory, I purchased the set (4-PW) for around $1300-$1400 at the time.

I'm looking at purchasing a set of golf clubs suited for a high-handicapper and very-forgiving, but budget is very important, unless I can sell my current set for a decent amount (considering I've only used them less than 6 times).

So, 1) Where is the best place to purchase a new set of clubs, suited to me, at an affordable price, and b) where can I sell my current set of clubs without getting shafted (pun intended)?

48394002_10155584492761548_5308416691221299200_n.jpg

Condition: As New (played with twice)
Dexterity: Right-Handed Club Type: 4-PW
Material: Steel Club Head
Size: Midsize Club Man.
Type: Forged
Length: Standard
Shaft: Dynalite Gold XP R300 Shaft
Flex: Regular

I'm looking for some very serious guidance/recommendations; I bought a set of Mizuno JPX 825 Pros (see below) a few years ago, and they're a little too advanced for me.. From memory, I purchased the set (4-PW) for around $1300-$1400 at the time.

I'm looking at purchasing a set of golf clubs suited for a high-handicapper and very-forgiving, but budget is very important, unless I can sell my current set for a decent amount (considering I've only used them less than 6 times).

So, 1) Where is the best place to purchase a new set of clubs, suited to me, at an affordable price, and b) where can I sell my current set of clubs without getting shafted (pun intended)?

Hi bud,
As a rule of thumb you won't get close to the new price in selling them (sorry).

Why did you buy these in the 1st place? Seems a wierd option for a high handicapper

In terms of where to sell/buy.

Maybe where you bought them from could come to a deal

Also, try the website "Ozgolf" they have lots if buyers and sellers and heaps who could assist in finding as more suited set

Hi bud,
As a rule of thumb you won't get close to the new price in selling them (sorry).

Why did you buy these in the 1st place? Seems a wierd option for a high handicapper

In terms of where to sell/buy.

Maybe where you bought them from could come to a deal

Also, try the website "Ozgolf" they have lots if buyers and sellers and heaps who could assist in finding as more suited set

Naivety, Toxic, Naivety - I was a decent player when I played regularly, however, these clubs don't let me pick up where I left off when I have a hit again.

Completely understand I won't get anywhere close to what I payed; at this stage if I can get something back and put it towards a more suitable set of clubs I'd be stoked.

I bought them at House of Golf - think they offered $200 for 'used' club sets for the Mizuno JPX 825's a few years ago.

Will check out Ozgolf.

I’d say gumtree for both. There’s probably a person out there whose gamers were JPX 825 and haven’t been able to find a replacement set in decent quality. If you’re aspirational I’d look at something like a used set of JPX 900 Hot Metals or Titleist AP1’s.

Good luck!

as others have said gumtree.
alternatively, perhaps take them to drummond/House of golf etc and ask price for trade in

For ease of trade Id have a look at trading them in at a local golf club pro shop as an option? Drummond might also do this. Gumtree the next option. Maybe put a swap option? On the new set, Im not sure why you'd look at a new set. I'd head to the websites above and look for someone in the same predicament as you i.e. offloading a good unused set.
It'll mean $$ wise your much less out of pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bought a set of 2nd hand (played 3 rounds) MP-18 blades on Christmas Eve. Hit them yesterday and they are pure as pure can be. Off center hits were no issue, lost a fraction of distance but no worse than a bad swing. These are a bit small so I'll swap the shafts with my project X 5.5's when I get home. Mine are 1/2 inch over. Very happy with these, a bit hard to say goodbye to the old MP-29's. Will still get to keep the 2 iron from that set in the bag though.

I couldn’t help myself. Golfbox are having a massive special on Oakley gear and I love Oakley. Especially when the prices are smashed. Plus, they are giving and another 10% off with the EXTRA10 code.
View attachment 600898
love it!

i also made some purchases. apparel.

So time to say goodbye to my beautiful MP29's. I'm estimating that I've had them for 13 years, played who knows how many rounds on some of the best courses this country has (and some of the not so good). Always in a stand bag, I've listened to the 'clack clack' for hours.
Goodbye old friends.
20190106_123408.jpg

So time to say goodbye to my beautiful MP29's. I'm estimating that I've had them for 13 years, played who knows how many rounds on some of the best courses this country has (and some of the not so good). Always in a stand bag, I've listened to the 'clack clack' for hours.
Goodbye old friends.
View attachment 601928

Replacements are??

I had my first hit with the Mizzies with the X5.5's in and it feels like throwing darts. All clubs fly at the same height, the lower clubs especially flying well in the wind.
The 8th is a long 175m par 3 and a strong draw is the only way to play some pins, these could do it. 2 x 5 irons centre back with a 5m draw. Just great to execute and watch.
Hit 2 x 4irons off of the fairway next hole, one a draw and one a fade. Both went the same distance into wind.
Absolute JOY to play with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back