Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt much better second time around. No glove this time (accident) but will continue to assess. Last week of uni this week so will head somewhere for a round Tues or wed if weather is good

Anyone in Melbourne going to the President’s Cup? I can’t wait for the day I get to play Royal Melbourne
I played royal Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and was a little disappointed. Being ranked #1 for so long I was expecting something far better. I played Cape Wickham, Ocean Dunes, Barnbougle and lost farm on the same trip and id put Royal Melbourne last out of the 5 both in terms of course condition and enjoyment.

I played royal Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and was a little disappointed. Being ranked #1 for so long I was expecting something far better. I played Cape Wickham, Ocean Dunes, Barnbougle and lost farm on the same trip and id put Royal Melbourne last out of the 5 both in terms of course condition and enjoyment.
That’s a shame to hear! Could the course condition be in relation to preparation for the President’s Cup in December?

That’s a shame to hear! Could the course condition be in relation to preparation for the President’s Cup in December?
Possibly, they had about 50 grounds staff id say around the course. Don't get me wrong it was still a great experience but I think i had built it up so much in my head that it didn't meet the expectations I had in my head and playing the others over the next few days made it worse.

Possibly, they had about 50 grounds staff id say around the course. Don't get me wrong it was still a great experience but I think i had built it up so much in my head that it didn't meet the expectations I had in my head and playing the others over the next few days made it worse.
In a way, at least you got to play it before all those other phenomenal courses, instead of last.

so lucky with the weather as well it would have been a mid 20's sunny day, then Tassie was lots of sun with minimal wind :thumbsu:
Barnbougle is also on my bucket list. I’ve heard from people that have played both that it’s better than Royal Melbourne.

Barnbougle is also on my bucket list. I’ve heard from people that have played both that it’s better than Royal Melbourne.
yep id agree, Cape Wickham was by far my favourite followed by Ocean Dunes, if you get a chance you have to go to King Island as well. They could be a nightmare to play if the weather is bad though haha.

Did you play RM East or West?

Having played all three a few times, IMHO,RM West is the best,although the holes in the other paddock are on ordinary land it's still got two pretty good par 3's.
Barny comes a close second and is better than RM East.

RM composite is awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having played all three a few times, IMHO,RM West is the best,although the holes in the other paddock are on ordinary land it's still got two pretty good par 3's.
Barny comes a close second and is better than RM East.
16 West surely the best long par 3 in the country.

When all the 2020 new stock hits early next year, will all the current stuff now drop or disappear? I'm in the market for a whole new set but with new stuff dropping soon I figure waiting gives me better prices/options.

It'll drop.

Already is.

Are you standard length clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back