Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

When you hear of pros playing this and that and you go into a shop and buy the 'same clubs' it's not the case.

pros play with customized clubs that are not really anything like the ones you buy from a golf store.

Not a fan of Callaway at all, but G20's are okay for the mid-high handicapper.

Odessey make decent putters as well. Not a fan of the 2 ball putters, but i have a Oddesey Black Series and it does the job.

I know, it's not like I just read reviews and brought the clubs from there. I tried out all the clubs and compared them against the Titelist AP2s, Mizuno JPXs, Callaway Razrs and Nikes and decided from there.

As you can see, all clubs are game improvement clubs. I've only played a few times in the last 15 years after playing quite a bit when I was 10 - 12yrs old but now that I've finished up playing footy and cricket I've got a lot more time for golf

I know, it's not like I just read reviews and brought the clubs from there. I tried out all the clubs and compared them against the Titelist AP2s, Mizuno JPXs, Callaway Razrs and Nikes and decided from there.

As you can see, all clubs are game improvement clubs. I've only played a few times in the last 15 years after playing quite a bit when I was 10 - 12yrs old but now that I've finished up playing footy and cricket I've got a lot more time for golf

Lynchy - screw everyone, if your comfortable with a fence pailing then use that! new clubs are always awesome - good luck over the summer.

ps - why don't big footy have a golf day somewhere?

Sounds good. Enjoy :thumbsu:

ps - why don't big footy have a golf day somewhere?

I would play, only issue being I am pretty s**t and would hold 99.5% of the people up!!

I know this will be a tough task, but does anyone know where I could find a 3 Iron? I have been to the shops locally and they haven't had any in stock at all.
Would want it to be Nike branded if possible, just to match my Nike irons.
Cheers lads.

I know this will be a tough task, but does anyone know where I could find a 3 Iron? I have been to the shops locally and they haven't had any in stock at all.
Would want it to be Nike branded if possible, just to match my Nike irons.
Cheers lads.

Buy a 3 hybrid instead

Rumoured bag of Rory Mc's
index.php

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got my Wrench for the RBZ Tour driver this week. Tried the setting at 7.5 degrees and lost some distance. Today i'll hit the range and try it with it set 10.5.

The new Callaway Hot Xs are unbelievable. Simply amazing. Fully recommend.

Why are they so good? what handicap do you play off? I have taylor made RAC's and love em - unless something is massively different (better) i can't see any reason for me to change "yet";)

Going to a Callaway demo day tomorrow so looking forward to hitting some new stuff. But the X hots would have to be amazing. Most likely going to buy a set of Razr X irons - they are getting cleared out cheap now.

Going to a Callaway demo day tomorrow so looking forward to hitting some new stuff. But the X hots would have to be amazing. Most likely going to buy a set of Razr X irons - they are getting cleared out cheap now.

two part question:
1) How was the demo day? did you hit the razr fit extreme driver?

&

2) what are the ebst websites in the US or O/seas to buy clubs from? looking at buying the new callaway driver

Bit of a stuff up. Callaway website said it was on from 1-6. It was really on 10-2 so was well over by the time I got there from work :(

3balls.com is supposedly decent. Got 2nd hand stuff too for cheap. Will tell you in a little while when my irons come in exactly how good they are, as I have ordered a set from them.

two part question:
1) How was the demo day? did you hit the razr fit extreme driver?

&

2) what are the ebst websites in the US or O/seas to buy clubs from? looking at buying the new callaway driver

I've had great success with Global Golf, particuarly their "Open Box Returns". They are clubs that have been purchased but returned without being used so are still in the packaging. Soooo much cheaper than "new clubs". I brought my Odyssey white ice 2 ball putter for $60 plus shipping. Drummond were selling the putter for $220. They currently have a great special on the very impressive 2012 Nike Drivers
http://www.globalgolf.com/open-box-clubs.aspx

Other than that
rockbottomgolf
and as per the post above 3balls is also ok

I have found global golf to be the best by a fair margin though especially seeing as I usually recieve my orders within 5 business days (have ordered from all 3)

I've had great success with Global Golf, particuarly their "Open Box Returns". They are clubs that have been purchased but returned without being used so are still in the packaging. Soooo much cheaper than "new clubs". I brought my Odyssey white ice 2 ball putter for $60 plus shipping. Drummond were selling the putter for $220. They currently have a great special on the very impressive 2012 Nike Drivers
http://www.globalgolf.com/open-box-clubs.aspx

Other than that
rockbottomgolf
and as per the post above 3balls is also ok

I have found global golf to be the best by a fair margin though especially seeing as I usually recieve my orders within 5 business days (have ordered from all 3)

Cheers but it appears all prices are actually pretty comparible to Australian prices after shipping - low to mid $400's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back