Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

what putter do you have? Does it work for you?

Yeh putters my last issue. It's something that continues to improve and I'm happy with

Some super quick greens can hurt me
I'm a rangefinder over app man myself. I have one of the mid range types. Pin Loc or something it's called.

I would be aswell but rather the $200 go into clubs

When people say don't worry about model and brand of clubs just make sure you get 'fitted' properly does that mean shaft type, lie type. What else?
Shaft length
Grip type
Grip size

LOOK - It's important that you like the look of what your using

When people say don't worry about model and brand of clubs just make sure you get 'fitted' properly does that mean shaft type, lie type. What else?
Also what your goals are...are you going to practice heaps and as you improve will they allow that...or you want something that suits your level and specs for the moment. If that make sense.

Also what your goals are...are you going to practice heaps and as you improve will they allow that...or you want something that suits your level and specs for the moment. If that make sense.

I want to improve obviously and cater for me getting better

I hit a 39 on par 34 pretty short course weekend just gone. Usually hit mid 80s-90 off 18

If that's what you are scoring, with a tad more improvement (which can be done by improving short game anyway). You would more than likely be looking at forged irons that should give you more consistency and better feel (and give the scope to be able to shape shots). More coin of course. Good luck with it!

I used Mat Tudor. Golf Fitting Hub last year. Happy with the irons. The woods are fantastic if I am on..but that's always been a weakness for me...not the clubs..it's me. Took a while to adjust. I was playing too much from over the back of greens as they travelled a lot further. Expensive excersise though.

Last edited:
Shaft length
Grip type
Grip size

LOOK - It's important that you like the look of what your using

Great advice! Borat gives two thumbs up.

Ive tried callaway, but for some reason i just dont like the brand in clubs, caps, bags, everything EXCEPT balls. Its just me. So when i got fitted the guy said ive got these from callaway. i said no.

in saying that my mate bought PXGs from pure form. Fitted etc. Ended up hating them. cant remember the reason. so things change. A few of us looked at the brand too, but i just didnt like the dots on the head.

If that's what you are scoring, with a tad more improvement (which can be done by improving short game anyway). You would more than likely be looking at forged irons that should give you more consistency and better feel (and give the scope to be able to shape shots). More coin of course. Good luck with it!

I used Mat Tudor. Golf Fitting Hub last year. Happy with the irons. The woods are fantastic if I am on..but that's always been a weakness for me...not the clubs..it's me. Took a while to adjust. I was playing too much from over the back of greens as they travelled a lot further. Expensive excersise though.

great advice also.

I'll be looking to spend the dollars and get fitted for a new set of irons probably in Spring for the summer season (assuming we are back out there).

I've had 2 free fittings so far, and both of them were pretty basic (admittedly maybe that's what you get with a free fitting).

One was from Taylormade, one was from Ping. Both of them just recomended their stock game improvement best sellers to me, Ping guy offered me the G410 and Taylormade offered me the M6. Neither of them played around with shaft types, lengths, lies, grips/grip sizes, kick points, etc. that I am hoping will be looked at in detail when I pay for a fitting.

Any recomendations of a good Victorian based fitter would be great. I don't mind spending to get it right, but if I spend I want them to actually fit me with detail. I reckon at the other fittings I only hit maybe a dozen shots with a 7 iron which to me isn't enough to base a recommendation on.

I'll be looking to spend the dollars and get fitted for a new set of irons probably in Spring for the summer season (assuming we are back out there).

I've had 2 free fittings so far, and both of them were pretty basic (admittedly maybe that's what you get with a free fitting).

One was from Taylormade, one was from Ping. Both of them just recomended their stock game improvement best sellers to me, Ping guy offered me the G410 and Taylormade offered me the M6. Neither of them played around with shaft types, lengths, lies, grips/grip sizes, kick points, etc. that I am hoping will be looked at in detail when I pay for a fitting.

Any recomendations of a good Victorian based fitter would be great. I don't mind spending to get it right, but if I spend I want them to actually fit me with detail. I reckon at the other fittings I only hit maybe a dozen shots with a 7 iron which to me isn't enough to base a recommendation on.
See above....costs about $180 but that comes off whatever you order if anything. Takes about 2 hours. Others might have recommendations too.

Mat was recommended to me by a friend who is the head guy from Cobra. I ended up with Callaway irons and Titleist Woods.

I was cooked after 2 hours.

iDon had a fitting there and enjoyed it and found the data that was extracted to be useful and interesting. Not sure if he ever purchased though.

Last edited:

MIZUNO Mulgrave

But when booking tell them you're off single figures

Why? Do they only do it for single figure players?...or if you say that do you get to try the best equipment that they wouldn't normally show to higher handicapper?
At the Mizuno factory in Mulgrave all I know is a mate off 16 couldnt get fitted but I could. I believe it's the case but could be wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MIZUNO Mulgrave

At the Mizuno factory in Mulgrave all I know is a mate off 16 couldnt get fitted but I could. I believe it's the case but could be wrong

haha. i tried, told them my real handicap. they apologised and said they got nothing there for me. wtf

MIZUNO Mulgrave

Haha, theyd boot me out after my 4th miss hit in 5 shots.

I reckon I'm off getting a fitting from one brand, because all they'll offer is their own stuff. Do you reckon its less biased going to an independent that will let you try a few brands?

Haha, theyd boot me out after my 4th miss hit in 5 shots.

I reckon I'm off getting a fitting from one brand, because all they'll offer is their own stuff. Do you reckon its less biased going to an independent that will let you try a few brands?
The more you can try the better imho.
But hit quite a few with a brand before swapping

I would make a suggestion of demo days or talk with the pro next time you play and see if they have some clubs to take on the course. A good pro should have full sets for hire and most likely they're a brand/club you don't play.
I've taken out probably a dozen rescue irons/hybrids over the last 2 years to see if they could replace my 2 iron (they couldn't).
Even borrow a mates clubs if they've just purchased a set.
At least when you then go to buy you've done a bit of research and you should know which direction you're heading selection wise. Hitting blades into a net is not going to show you their full worth, need to try them on a course.

How much?
Brand?
Warranty?
Does it have holes in it yet? (tales of woe appearing everywhere on Twitter at present!)
I second these questions. Have been thinking about this but am fearful I'll full swing in my backyard, miss the net or go through, and some poor lady walking down the street will die from a titleist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back