Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because I have them, doesn’t mean I can hit them 😂
When I was fitted for my Mizuno JPX 825’s about 6 or 7 years ago, I also hit some Mizuno MP forged irons. I can’t remember the number of the iron. I have always struck my irons well and struggled off the tee with the driver or 3 wood. Yesterday I hit 4 iron off the tee and I had a blinder.

When I was fitted for my Mizuno JPX 825’s about 6 or 7 years ago, I also hit some Mizuno MP forged irons. I can’t remember the number of the iron. I have always struck my irons well and struggled off the tee with the driver or 3 wood. Yesterday I hit 4 iron off the tee and I had a blinder.
Love my Mizuno 2 iron off the tee. No wood at all in my bag. Hate them.

It works a treat in dry weather like we are having. My 2 iron goes about 200 to 240m on these dry fairways when I hit it properly. It is a Titleist 712U forged 2 iron so it is hard to hit.
Is your 2 iron easy to hit?

Mines a Mizuno Forged 'something', my bags at the club.
But yeah, when I watch the ball, don't try and smash the cover off it, swing with rythym and have a bit of luck it is real easy to hit.
;)
Yeah, I average 220-240 on a good day.
I can live with that.

Mines a Mizuno Forged 'something', my bags at the club.
But yeah, when I watch the ball, don't try and smash the cover off it, swing with rythym and have a bit of luck it is real easy to hit.
;)
Yeah, I average 220-240 on a good day.
I can live with that.
I've got my old trusty Mp29 2 iron in the bag. I've tried driving irons from a couple of different brands but a) I hate the look b) They're not noticeably better for the $300 or so investment. This applies to rescue clubs as well.
c) There's nothing like a 2 iron off the back foot to get you out of the schizen.

I've got my old trusty Mp29 2 iron in the bag. I've tried driving irons from a couple of different brands but a) I hate the look b) They're not noticeably better for the $300 or so investment. This applies to rescue clubs as well.
c) There's nothing like a 2 iron off the back foot to get you out of the schizen.
Yeah, they work a treat out of the s**t when you need to long and low.

For those talking two irons, no love for a 2 Hybrid at all?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough all and thanks for the replies. I'm coming back after 6 months out with injuries. I was never much of a golfer to start with (at best was off 9 but out on 14 now) and am deciding which of these two clubs to carry.

I carry a 21 degree Titleist hybrid. I hit it really well at the range...but have misses with it on course and can hardly remember any real great shots with it. In fact topped one not long ago. Having said that after that top I have moved it further back in my stance (about middle) and have used it twice since then and had birdie putts both times. Who knows?

Fair enough all and thanks for the replies. I'm coming back after 6 months out with injuries. I was never much of a golfer to start with (at best was off 9 but out on 14 now) and am deciding which of these two clubs to carry.

Fwiw
I use a 2 iron (when I carry it) to hit low ball flight tee shots, little 220mt stingers into the wind type of shot.
Otherwise I carry a 3wood, 5wood and 4iron down.

Yeah that's pretty s**t

If you are a good ball striker, stay away from hybrids and hit irons. Hybrids in my opinion should be used by golfers with a weak iron game. However, I do carry a 3 hybrid in the bag.

If you are a good ball striker, stay away from hybrids and hit irons. Hybrids in my opinion should be used by golfers with a weak iron game. However, I do carry a 3 hybrid in the bag.

3wood?
4iron?

3 hybrid inbetween?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back