Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Any opinions on the crossover irons? Ping specifically. There's one in the pro shop I might take for a hit. Look the business. Like before, not sure its a $300 improvement on my 2 iron, but we'll see how I feel after gaming it.

Any opinions on the crossover irons? Ping specifically. There's one in the pro shop I might take for a hit. Look the business. Like before, not sure its a $300 improvement on my 2 iron, but we'll see how I feel after gaming it.
I haven’t hit one but I’d also take a look at the Taylormade GAPR clubs. A lot of options there.

I haven’t hit one but I’d also take a look at the Taylormade GAPR clubs. A lot of options there.
Hit the driving iron and the hybrid today on the range. Driving iron was pretty good. Especially with the wind we had today. Not sure I'll ever change, just keeping up to date with the clubs out there. I'm a bit of a technology pessimist. But if something does come out that is good, how do you really know? According to the manufacturers every club every year is going to change your game.
I'm much more a person that would rather spend $300 on lessons than clubs that 'might' make a difference.
Nekminnit, guys, check out my new purchase!

Picked up the new toys and had a quick hit at the range. The irons are mint..the shape and length and consistency was terrific. The 16.5 fairway was great but the Driver was a bit all over the shop. I am going from reg to stiff there so I think it will take a bit for everything to marry up. Might take a bit of work. (mowed 7 lawns earlier so maybe I am a bit stuffed too). Xgolf tonight.

Picked up the new toys and had a quick hit at the range. The irons are mint..the shape and length and consistency was terrific. The 16.5 fairway was great but the Driver was a bit all over the shop. I am going from reg to stiff there so I think it will take a bit for everything to marry up. Might take a bit of work. (mowed 7 lawns earlier so maybe I am a bit stuffed too). Xgolf tonight.
You better increase that to 10 to pay for those sticks! 😉

So i picked up the Cobra driver and 3W, very much looking forward to having a hit with them.

Now I had the golf fitting, I think I remember all the dimensions of my irons that were fitted for me. The only one I can't remember is "Loft adjustment" so I put it as standard. Nor what grips to put on the clubs.

Now, if I go back through the golf fitting guy I am looking at $1900, otherwise if I go direct to TaylorMade I am looking at only $1400....

Is this not a hard decision? will not nothing loft adjustment be an issue? I just don't think there was an adjustment made as my memory has served me very well thus far.

So i picked up the Cobra driver and 3W, very much looking forward to having a hit with them.

Now I had the golf fitting, I think I remember all the dimensions of my irons that were fitted for me. The only one I can't remember is "Loft adjustment" so I put it as standard. Nor what grips to put on the clubs.

Now, if I go back through the golf fitting guy I am looking at $1900, otherwise if I go direct to TaylorMade I am looking at only $1400....

Is this not a hard decision? will not nothing loft adjustment be an issue? I just don't think there was an adjustment made as my memory has served me very well thus far.
Their clubs might be pre adjusted loft wise for the purpose of fittings. The way I see these things (and I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to equipment ) is that how often will you use the clubs vs how often do you get new ones? If you use them regularly (say a few times per month at least) and this is the first set you've bought in years and will buy for years, then to me the extra $500 is worth it to get exactly what you want. You've gone to all of this effort so far.

If you go through the fitter and find you need a lift adjustment, they’d be more accommodating and likely to do it at no cost, whereas if yo go direct through TM, you’ll have to arrange for them to be sent back, wait, and you’ll probably have to pay for any adjustment. IMO go through the fitter.

If you go through the fitter and find you need a lift adjustment, they’d be more accommodating and likely to do it at no cost, whereas if yo go direct through TM, you’ll have to arrange for them to be sent back, wait, and you’ll probably have to pay for any adjustment. IMO go through the fitter.

True true. I should probably look at him, he was very good overall.

Did slice my finger open today doing the dishes, with a few stiches makes me a few weeks out from playing again. Crushing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think ill be ordering the Mizuno 919 on Monday or Tuesday next week . 4 iron - SW with a filler gap wedge. Taylormades don't have different weighted club heads and Matt felt that Mizunos would be better for my club speed and higher spin rate.
Players of Mizuno are generally far better looking than the general population, have a higher IQ and are really just quality people all round.

Think ill be ordering the Mizuno 919 on Monday or Tuesday next week . 4 iron - SW with a filler gap wedge. Taylormades don't have different weighted club heads and Matt felt that Mizunos would be better for my club speed and higher spin rate.

Welcome

9 1 9 tours?

Anyone been to a demo day at MGA on Wednesday's?

What's it like? Do you actually get to hit a few shots in your own time with different clubs or are you stuck behind a line of others, get a shpeal from the sales rep and then get to hit one shot with a club?
Yeah I have...you just have a chat to the rep on the night and they will give you a club...or couple to try in your own bay down the range. Go back and give feedback and they will adjust accordingly. Hit as many balls as you like. Having said that..I just had fitting at golf fitting hub there and its a better process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back