Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I have...you just have a chat to the rep on the night and they will give you a club...or couple to try in your own bay down the range. Go back and give feedback and they will adjust accordingly. Hit as many balls as you like. Having said that..I just had fitting at golf fitting hub there and its a better process.
Would agree fitting would be better, thing is I like to try in my own time and as I'm not 100% I will buy, don't want to spend $150 on the fitting just yet.

I'm ready to start trying new clubs though and see what I prefer.

Do you play golf wearing sunnies? As in hit the ball with them on?

Good question, I've tried but I simply cannot wear sunnies playing golf.
I also cannot have anything in my pockets when playing except one ball marker

Only lightly shaded ones. I’ve got some Oakley Flak 2.0 Golf sunglasses but I scratched them earlier this year. I now wear them fielding while playing cricket.
I can't do either with sunnies. Even fielding I could never wear sunnies.
As a walker/bag carrier I don't have a buggy for bits and pieces, but there's not much more in my pockets than that.

Only lightly shaded ones. I’ve got some Oakley Flak 2.0 Golf sunglasses but I scratched them earlier this year. I now wear them fielding while playing cricket.
Do you find any discernable difference between wearing and not wearing them whilst say putting?

As a walker/bag carrier I don't have a buggy for bits and pieces, but there's not much more in my pockets than that.

WHATS IN YOUR POCKET TIME!

ball marker (its a rather large one, with a detachable smaller one in the centre)
plastic tee
small wooden tee (either in full or a smashed up reduced in size larger tee)
pitch mark reparier

Do you find any discernable difference between wearing and not wearing them whilst say putting?
Big difference for mine. I bought Oakley's specifically for golf years ago that set me back $225 and ended up only wearing them between shots.
As for putting, when I tried the sunnies, it did my head in.

ball marker (its a rather large one, with a detachable smaller one in the centre)
plastic tee
pitch mark reparier

No tees in pockets

Causes holes in pockets

Oh yeah..I always putt with my glove ON

Glove OFF when putting, probably why I'm s**t at it, and only ever a plastic wedge tee and a combined marker/fixer in my pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't wear a glove. A side effect of being a broke kid and playing the game, also hating old gloves.
I carry same as peternorth although just recently I discovered an old pitch mark repairer bought for me years ago which is 'just push down' to fix pitch marks and its a gem. Means I'll have to carry a separate ball marker, and I reckon I'll go to the old school really small flat ones.

I am in the say no to wearing sunnies whilst playing. Screws with my perception, which is odd considering i cant drive without them (as in cars).

plastic tee
pitch mark reparier
Big difference for mine. I bought Oakley's specifically for golf years ago that set me back $225 and ended up only wearing them between shots.
As for putting, when I tried the sunnies, it did my head in.
Glove OFF when putting, probably why I'm s**t at it, and only ever a plastic wedge tee and a combined marker/fixer in my pocket.
You’re all crazy ffs. 😂
Seriously though, I started trying to wear sunnies at golf about seven years ago. It’s only in the last six months that I wear them all the time instead of in between shots. Sometimes I wonder if the ‘wearing sunnies feels weird thing’ is just in the head as I’ve only just got used to it. I had to force myself to get used to it.
Putting is a tricky one, I usually take them off for putting. Especially long putts.
I didn’t start wearing sunnies until my mid-20’s and I’ve only ever liked sunnies that are light shading and make everything clearer. Nowadays I can’t step outside without them on even when it is a dull day. I squint otherwise.
As for not having much in your pockets, that is something I don’t understand. I have the plastic driver tees, wooden tees, ball markers and a divot tool in there.
Also, I never putt with a glove on and call me old-fashioned because the flag is out when I’m putting unless it is a long putt. The glove is also off between shots.

Anyone heard of these? I have seen them on the feet of friends and also at the club

Anyone heard of these? I have seen them on the feet of friends and also at the club
Thanks for putting that up. I've just had a look at the Linksouldier Knit. Wowee. They look outstanding. That is my style right there.
I would get those if they can accommodate my wide foot.

Never

Pocket - pencil, marker, scorecard, tee, half tee, pitch repairer. I’ve never noticed anything in my pocket.

Now that I’ve read this forum, it can be guaranteed I’ll start some form of ocd pocket situation and will only be able to have a 3mm thick pitch marker on the inside right pocket.

Wooden tee, pitch repair/ball marker, glove in between shots. That’s it.

I should probably post photos soon of the new woods and putter. The putter is fuego

Remove this Banner Ad

Back