Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Quietly I would love it but struggle with longer irons a tad...my good ones are are great, my poor ones are terrible....so much so I have wondered about one length irons to make it a bit easier as I age.
The new 2 irons are soooo much easier to hit now
Provided I finish my swing I pretty much hit draws about 220m each time
Im In my 40s and not as strong nor flexible as once was

What’s the TS2 driver like compared to others you’ve owned?
Its fitted and I havenot had any relatively current drivers to compare. It a forgiving model but when I get it goes very long for me... Im short and have slow clubhead speed. Hitting a few bombs lately with it.. But it all comes down to the swing i put on it. I would recomend.

How does it compare to your old driver(s) - regardless of how non-current they were?
It goes further...but I used to play off about 7 in my late 30s (and now seem to be around 12 over most rounds)...so I must have been fairly decent with the ones I used back then. I had a Titleist 975 (may have been fitted around 2003 for it but fittings were more straight forward then) and later moved to a Callaway FT9. When fitted 2 years ago the club fitter took some readings on the off the shelf Callaway and said it was way too much spin. But I have played good rounds with it. Said if I was hitting into a strong wind it would balloon up and go no where or could take off left or right.

I haven't been that good with the new Titleist as I went through that whole swing change...prior to that it was pretty solid. I just could not find the middle of the club face enough with the steeper takeaway but when I did it was impressive. A few months ago I went back to more like my old swing (a bit under the plane in initial takeaway) incorporating a few key things I learned during that phase and my misses with my driver are less common. I am finding dead centre of the club now 90% of the time whereas b4 it was all over the shop.

Yesterday I used Driver 9 times. I smashed it 4 times. Found the fringe another 2 times in good position. Once I took on a dogleg and hit it well but hit the end trees (my mistake) and hit 2 bad ones (one snap hook and a wind assisted slice into a pond).

I get 220 to 230m most times out of it but recently since I made that change I have got some out to about 270...maybe more. I have hit big shots with my old equipment though...I remember hitting through a group of players putting on the green on the13th at Kingston Links with the wind up my bum...320m hole ball must have went 340 (must have hit a hard downslope).

I would say it is better, however it really is all about the swing that I put on it. I can still hit horrible shots with it but am in a good place with it right now.

Last edited:
Its fitted and I havenot had any relatively current drivers to compare. It a forgiving model but when I get it goes very long for me... Im short and have slow clubhead speed. Hitting a few bombs lately with it.. But it all comes down to the swing i put on it. I would recomend.
I meant too say TSi2

Right, I’m at Palm Meadows and I tee off in 1 hour.
They have a Titleist TS3 stiff shaft used in good nick selling for $395. Is that a good buy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I meant too say TSi2

They have a Titleist TS3 stiff shaft used in good nick selling for $395. Is that a good buy?
They are the model that is supposed to be unreal....for very good golfers (less forgiving). If you hit it in the middle mostly and the shaft flex is somewhat suitable its a good driver. About $800 new a few years ago.

I meant too say TSi2

Offer them $350 and they throw in 2 beers for the drive home

I'm definitely a range finder over GPS guy.
After playing 9 holes with it today I gotta say it gives you a hell of a lot more confidence knowing certain yardages. Lately I've been flying a lot of greens but a few times today knowing the exact yardage of could easily adjust to a club that I know I can't fly the green with.

I bought it after playing a course with a few short par 4's but it was well protected with fairway bunkers for not so long hitters. Tried to play it smart and hit just an iron short of the bunkers and still ended up in them as I had NFI the distance of them. I know plenty of GPS's have that info nowadays but my last one didnt and got sick of getting to the course only to realise the gps battery was flat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back