Golf Golf technique

Remove this Banner Ad

By way of contrast here is the greatest player in the history of the game pitching from where appears to be smack bang off middle (with minimal if any forward shaft lean - which Phil said is another no no).

One thing I will check is having the toe of the club pointing straight up and not keeping the spine angle when the is parallel to the ground in back swing for chips.

Swing feels good...so I am going to make a big change to try and take things a bit further. Going to overlap grip. Over the years I began with interlock...went to overlap for a little while....and found myself back with interlock. Most good golfers overlap...although some absolute stars use interlock. I think I get a bit too much tension through the hands when I interlock. When I overlap it feels almost impossible to grip the club too hard.

Once again the Rukket net is being put to very good use. Easy to make this change being able to hit balls at home. Not so much if I was just going out on the course. Even going to the range it would take a quite few trips to get comfortable.

Last edited:
By way of contrast here is the greatest player in the history of the game pitching from where appears to be smack bang off middle (with minimal if any forward shaft lean - which Phil said is another no no).

Need footage of Rumford chipping.
Truly magic short game

Need footage of Rumford chipping.
Truly magic short game
I watched some vision the other day after Pres suggested it...he explained he likes to stand..and imagine you are snow skiing...and pushing forward with the force going into your toes. Knees towards your toes.

Last edited:
I watched some vision the other day after Pres suggested it...he explained he likes to stand..and imagine you are snow skiing...and pushing forward with the force going into your toes. Knees towards your toes.

He's the best

Swing feels good...so I am going to make a big change to try and take things a bit further. Going to overlap grip. Over the years I began with interlock...went to overlap for a little while....and found myself back with interlock. Most good golfers overlap...although some absolute stars use interlock. I think I get a bit too much tension through the hands when I interlock. When I overlap it feels almost impossible to grip the club too hard.

Once again the Rukket net is being put to very good use. Easy to make this change being able to hit balls at home. Not so much if I was just going out on the course. Even going to the range it would take a quite few trips to get comfortable.
My grip is mostly the Vardon grip.
Im pretty hopeless at giving advice but here’s a good tip to everyone. Be conscious of your grip pressure before every shot. When I stand over the ball I try to remember to loosen my grip before every shot. Tension is a swing killer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My grip is mostly the Vardon grip.
Im pretty hopeless at giving advice but here’s a good tip to everyone. Be conscious of your grip pressure before every shot. When I stand over the ball I try to remember to loosen my grip before every shot. Tension is a swing killer.
Great advice..I am a pretty highly strung individual...suffer a little bit of from anxiety. Tension in my body is a normal thing and very hard to control. It creeps into the golf swing if I concentrate on other stuff.

Great advice..I am a pretty highly strung individual...suffer a little bit of from anxiety. Tension in my body is a normal thing and very hard to control. It creeps into the golf swing if I concentrate on other stuff.
I’m the same with anxiety but it hasn’t been as bad since I accepted and stopped worrying about what others think.

Its always the tight but not so tight grip on the club that result in the best shot.

im tinkering with my body release on impact
Funny you say that..I have been researching a product called planemate. Bloody expensive but I like the idea.

One of the teachings it does...is actually take the club away under a bit of tension....finish the backswing under a bit of tension.

Then relax the hands at the top (not the arms) which allows the club to shallow its path for correct path to the ball. Finish is under tension too.

Funny you say that..I have been researching a product called planemate. Bloody expensive but I like the idea.

One of the teachings it does...is actually take the club away under a bit of tension....finish the backswing under a bit of tension.

Then relax the hands at the top (not the arms) which allows the club to shallow its path for correct path to the ball. Finish is under tension too.
Let us know how it goes

Sounds like too much thinking for my little brain

Scrappy while you save up you can watch the master here showing how to do it with just a towel. Awesome drill.

It is funny when I see something like this it worries me a bit, I am actually double jointed in both elbows. So they are kind of unstable with a much wider range of movement than most people. I wonder if it makes any difference.

It is funny when I see something like this it worries me a bit, I am actually double jointed in both elbows. So they are kind of unstable with a much wider range of movement than most people. I wonder if it makes any difference.
I think that's a positive for a drill like this. Luke mentions in the description he's working hard to build more external shoulder rotation to help with the flattening out.

I think that's a positive for a drill like this. Luke mentions in the description he's working hard to build more external shoulder rotation to help with the flattening out.
Tried 1 outside into the net. 10% light. So it was pretty much feels only. Sounded like a gun going off and I know it was a lower ball flight. Very interesting. (did not try another...would have been a shank I guess).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back