Golf Golf - What’s In The Bag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Suggested a thread, someone responded and I’d like to see everyone’s set ups in here! General golf clubs, balls etc can stay in the other threads!

Driver - Cobra LTDX (******* awesome, Nvy Blue, looks heaps better than the gold/orange version)
3 Wood - Titliest D2 910
Hybrid - Titliest 910 H3
4 Rescue - Taylor Made ( not sure of model, had it for years)
Irons - 6i - 9i - Cobra King single length
7 Wood - Cobra LTDX ( see driver, takes spot of 5i)
Wedges - 48, 52, 56sw, 60 - Calloway Jaws
Putter - Taylor Made Spider

Balls - change between Calloway Chrome softs, Titliest Pro V 1x, and Taylor Made TP5’s

What’s in your golf bag?

I’ll post mine tomorrow.

From the other thread:

Check out this absolute budget rag tag bag:

Clickgear 3.5 Buggy
Clickgear Cart Bag

Putter - Taylormade Spider
Driver - Cleveland Launcher HB - Own and carry one but never hit it because slice city
3W - Strata (cheap beginner package brand) See Above
4H - Strata (cheap beginner package brand) always off the tee with the 4H baby
5H - Strata (cheap beginner package brand)
PW - don't carry one because I'm s**t and a 9i is the same
9i-6i - Strata irons (cheap beginner package brand)
*No 7i because it's bent and YOLO
54 - Cleveland CBX2 wedge
60 - Cleveland CBX2 wedge hell yeah, what sort of 30 handicapper doesn't want to carry a 60 degree for flop shots that I skull across the green

Ball - second hand baby, I'll play anything I found in the woods that looks okay, and my bag is filled with Srixons, Bridgestones, Titliests, Callaways or anything I've bought refurbished from Lost Golf Ball.com sales, generally yellow or coloured in some way so I can find my shots 20m in the woods or on the next fairway.

Driver: Ping G430 Max, adjusted to 11 degrees flat. Wrote about this in the other thread. Absolute fairway finder.
3W - Callaway X FWY. 15 degrees. Had for more than 10 years. Rarely use it, hence no inclination to upgrade. Mostly use a 2H for long second shots.
2H - Ping G430. 17 degrees. Good strikes gets it over 200m, sometimes over 210. Even misses seem to roll out near 180m, which is why I prefer to the 3W.
4H - Ping G430. 22 degree.
5I -> PW, AW - Callaway Rogue X - Had since 2018. Still doing the job. Lofts are on the strong side, but I only swing the irons a little beyond three quarters, so distances are fine. I do hit my irons high, so they land soft and the short irons get decents spin.
Wedges, 54, 58 - Vokey SM9. Bought late last year, best wedges I have ever hit.
Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Red with the white alignment line on top. Probably four years old. I have had three putters in thirty years, so I'm not one to change often.

Bag - Titleist carry bag. Had for more than six years. Really durable, I use to turn over carry bags every two years, the lightweight ones fall apart so easily.
Ball - Titeist Pro V1. New ball out of the box every comp round. Only use an old ball for social rounds or playing the Old at the National!

Rangefinder - Bushnell Tour V5 Shift. Actually belongs to my brother, but he never used it, so I kept borrowing and he told me to keep in my bag. Win!
GPS - Garmin Fenix 6X. Not a specific golf watch, so the golf app is not as full featured as the Approach series, but gives me the basics are a glance, and I use the rangefinder for specific information.

IMG_0341.jpg

From the other thread:

Check out this absolute budget rag tag bag:

Clickgear 3.5 Buggy
Clickgear Cart Bag

Putter - Taylormade Spider
Driver - Cleveland Launcher HB - Own and carry one but never hit it because slice city
3W - Strata (cheap beginner package brand) See Above
4H - Strata (cheap beginner package brand) always off the tee with the 4H baby
5H - Strata (cheap beginner package brand)
PW - don't carry one because I'm s**t and a 9i is the same
9i-6i - Strata irons (cheap beginner package brand)
*No 7i because it's bent and YOLO
54 - Cleveland CBX2 wedge
60 - Cleveland CBX2 wedge hell yeah, what sort of 30 handicapper doesn't want to carry a 60 degree for flop shots that I skull across the green

Ball - second hand baby, I'll play anything I found in the woods that looks okay, and my bag is filled with Srixons, Bridgestones, Titliests, Callaways or anything I've bought refurbished from Lost Golf Ball.com sales, generally yellow or coloured in some way so I can find my shots 20m in the woods or on the next fairway.

Love the honesty.

Driver: Titleist TS2 (10.5*)
Shaft: Hzrdus Black Smoke 70S

3-wood: Callaway Maverik (15*)
Shaft: EvenFlow Riptide 60 S

Driving Iron: Nike Vapor Fly Pro (3) (19*)
Shaft: Dynamic Gold S300

Irons: Ping Blueprint (4-PW)
Shafts: Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 (52, 56, 60)
Shafts: Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: Evnroll ER2 355g (35”)
Grips: Gravity Grip

Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5x

Grips: GolfPride MCC Align

Bag: Titleist Cart Bag

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5

Driver: Titleist TSi3

3-wood (16 deg): Titleist TSi2

7-wood (23 deg): Titleist TSi1

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 HMP

Wedges:
Titleist Vokey SM8 54, 56, 60

Putter:
Scotty Cameron Select Newport

Golf Ball: Titleist Prov1, Prov1x, AVX

Grips: Mizunos = MCC Plus4™ Titleists = Tour Velvet 360° White Flat Cap (T-Series & 620 Stock Grip).

Bag: Sun Mountain H2NO Lite Stand Bag. Titleist staff bag (probably 7 years old)

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V3

Tee: those plastic ones with a rubber sleeve that goes tightly around the head.

Ball Marker: one of those large ones that has a little one in the middle that can be taken out.

Towel: Generic one from the club

Umbrella: some generic brand from the club also

Driver - Calloway Maverik Max

3 Wood - Tour Edge E722
3 Hybrid - Tour Edge E722

Irons - 5,6,7,8,9,PW and AW - Tour Edge E722 - Graphite Shafts ( have 4 iron but its the club that misses due to having 14 already)

Wedges - 52,56,60 - Cleveland CBX 2 - Never want anything else than these.

Putter - Odyssey - Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Stroke Lab

Ball - Titleist Tour Soft balls.

Driver: Ping G430 Max, adjusted to 11 degrees flat. Wrote about this in the other thread. Absolute fairway finder.
3W - Callaway X FWY. 15 degrees. Had for more than 10 years. Rarely use it, hence no inclination to upgrade. Mostly use a 2H for long second shots.
2H - Ping G430. 17 degrees. Good strikes gets it over 200m, sometimes over 210. Even misses seem to roll out near 180m, which is why I prefer to the 3W.
4H - Ping G430. 22 degree.
5I -> PW, AW - Callaway Rogue X - Had since 2018. Still doing the job. Lofts are on the strong side, but I only swing the irons a little beyond three quarters, so distances are fine. I do hit my irons high, so they land soft and the short irons get decents spin.
Wedges, 54, 58 - Vokey SM9. Bought late last year, best wedges I have ever hit.
Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Red with the white alignment line on top. Probably four years old. I have had three putters in thirty years, so I'm not one to change often.

Bag - Titleist carry bag. Had for more than six years. Really durable, I use to turn over carry bags every two years, the lightweight ones fall apart so easily.
Ball - Titeist Pro V1. New ball out of the box every comp round. Only use an old ball for social rounds or playing the Old at the National!

Rangefinder - Bushnell Tour V5 Shift. Actually belongs to my brother, but he never used it, so I kept borrowing and he told me to keep in my bag. Win!
GPS - Garmin Fenix 6X. Not a specific golf watch, so the golf app is not as full featured as the Approach series, but gives me the basics are a glance, and I use the rangefinder for specific information.

View attachment 1742709
Great post. 2 interesting things caught my attention in your set
A: that you've got the Callaway 3Wood in there amongst the Ping Driver & Hybrids.
B: that you're rapt with the SM9 wedges. I've seen a few favourable reviews of them and I'm trying to snap up some late model vokeys on marketplace. Did you have SM4/6/7/8's before you went into the SM9's? Any noticeable differences in the models?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Driver: Titleist TSi3

3-wood (16 deg): Titleist TSi2

7-wood (23 deg): Titleist TSi1

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 HMP

Wedges:
Titleist Vokey SM8 54, 56, 60

Putter:
Scotty Cameron Select Newport

Golf Ball: Titleist Prov1, Prov1x, AVX

Grips: Mizunos = MCC Plus4™ Titleists = Tour Velvet 360° White Flat Cap (T-Series & 620 Stock Grip).

Bag: Sun Mountain H2NO Lite Stand Bag. Titleist staff bag (probably 7 years old)

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V3

Tee: those plastic ones with a rubber sleeve that goes tightly around the head.

Ball Marker: one of those large ones that has a little one in the middle that can be taken out.

Towel: Generic one from the club

Umbrella: some generic brand from the club also
Epic set peternorth.
I've got the same irons, the Mizuno JPX 921 HMP. Have got Project X LZ 6.0 shafts in them which I think are the real stars of the show.
But your putter, wedges and woods are the big show. All on my wish list.

A: that you've got the Callaway 3Wood in there amongst the Ping Driver & Hybrids.

I use to have all Callaway at the top end of the bag. I just don't use the 3W enough to justify the cost of upgrading. I hit the 2H about 10 / 15 meters shorter, but five times more accurate, so it is my go to for anything 200 or above.

B: that you're rapt with the SM9 wedges. I've seen a few favourable reviews of them and I'm trying to snap up some late model vokeys on marketplace. Did you have SM4/6/7/8's before you went into the SM9's? Any noticeable differences in the models?

The SM9s are the first Vokeys I have owned. I'm pretty sure the upgrade from the SM8 to 9 was pretty minimal, bit like driver upgrades. Year to year it is negligible, but if you compare models 5 years apart you can see the difference.

Driver - Ping G400 Max
3W - Ping G400
3H & 4H - Ping G400
I'm not playing enough to justify an upgrade from the G400's at Retail Prices but I've got an eye on marketplace for a good condition Ping G425 Max or Titleist TSi if I can find a bargain.

Irons are 3i-PW in Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro with Project X LZ 6.0 shafts.
Previously played 12 years with Mizuno MP-64's which were pure butter but had the wrong shafts for me (too soft).

Wedges are Mizuno MP-T11 in 50*, 56*, 60*

Putter is a Ping SigmaG B60. Great feel.

Bag is a Ping Hoofer camo-print.

Ball is ever changing. I want to dislike the Titleist ProV's as they're a monopoly but they really do play well. I've been relatively happy with Taylormade TP5 and Bridgestone B XS for stretches of time but haven't stuck with one of them.

Vintage: will forever keep my set of Ping Eye2 Beryllium Copper irons 2i-SW. Play them 1-2 times per year. An absolute classic.

EmptyHeftyAmericancreamdraft-max-1mb.gif

New club update.

About a month ago I went to Qld for the International Pairs finals. No luck on course, but won the raffle, a brand new Odyssey 2-Ball OG with a stroke lab shaft.

Never used a 2-Ball back in the day, I was a Ping Anser man for 20 years.

I wasn't looking for a new putter, still happy with the Spider, but always like a new toy. Unfortunately the return to the Marsh coincided with the green maintenance, so you could be using a axe handle on cored greens and it wouldn't make a difference. However, on Saturday greens were smooth and true, albeit still slower than normal. Rolled in four putts between 12 - 18 feet, and sunk a bunch of 3 - 5 foot second putts. Only one three putt, and 32 overall. So far, so good, really love the feel and feel I have better distance control over long putts.

Spider still in the car boot, but not inclined to switch back yet.

I just purchased online sight unseen a Wilson D9 3 Hybrid 19 degrees.

It was like $140 on Golfbox on clearance and I used a $20 VISA giftcard, so only cost me $120.

I have room in my bag for a 3H, so hopefully this becomes my new club off the tee or on 2nd shots on long holes, while I learn to play a driver. If it can give me 5-10 more metres than my current 22 degree 4H then I'll be happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back