News Gone: Alex Keath wants to be traded to the Bulldogs

What will we get for Alex Keath?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

For the price and contract length was probably for the best. As long as we get decent return for him

Fills a need for the Dogs and, if we can get a decent return, then I have no issues with this. Push to get a pick into the early 20s or possibly Lewis Young?

I can’t shake the feeling this one is going to bite us. I really rate Keath.
I do too but, like Greenwood, he'll be 28 next season and has most likely reached his ceiling, plus we have Doedee returning who plays the role Keath had been filling.

Will be a handy pickup for the Dogs. They love their left footers too.

To get their pick 12, we would need to package him with pick 21. Pick 26 wouldn't be high enough imo.

Got an offer he can't refuse like 3/4 of the players that have left us. Good get for the Dogs, we need to push for a good pick in the late teens/early 20s. They will give us Bailey Williams who can't get a game with them.
Didn’t Williams recently sign an extension?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keath turns 28 at the start of next year. Virtually no chance he'll be around when we're contending.

Cash in and move on. Even if we get a pick around 30, which I think is fair value, will be a great return from a Cat B rookie with limited AFL exposure

Even if he only wanted 2 or 3 years with us, what would the point be?

Even if he goes on to have a few very good years and they "win" the trade, there is just little point bringing every 26-30 year old on the next journey with us.

If we are truly serious about a rebuild, even if not a major long term one, results from or because of players aged 27+ the next year or two are not overly relevant.

I don't want us scraping into the 8 in 2020, maybe some how popping up into the top four in 2021 or 2022 and then falling straight out of the 8 a year later like the last few times.

There is no point arriving at our next window having to replace a 30+ year old Keath or Greenwood with players we should have been playing in their place anyway.

Yes, we cant trade out everyone in that age range but to really shift the profile of our list we will have to trade the ones with the value, not just delist the ones with none, don't worry about 2020 worry about 2022-2026.

Last edited:
I'm OK with this. He woulda been playing 2s when The Dood is back anyway..
We need to keep going with the fire sale. Clear out old dudes and list cloggers!

Play a bunch of kids, and hit finals running in 2 years with a refreshed list ala Brissy.

Keath turns 28 at the start of next year. Virtually no chance he'll be around when we're contending.

Cash in and move on. Even if we get a pick around 30, which I think is fair value, will be a great return from a Cat B rookie with limited AFL exposure

Yep. Losing him might hurt us next year, but next year is going to be painful anyway. Get Doedee back in, maybe some games for Butts depending how he develops. Got to have our eye on 3 years from now, not next year. The important thing is to get a decent pick in return and then need Hamish to get the pick right.

Fills a need for the Dogs and, if we can get a decent return, then I have no issues with this. Push to get a pick into the early 20s or possibly Lewis Young?

I do too but, like Greenwood, he'll be 28 next season and has most likely reached his ceiling, plus we have Doedee returning who plays the role Keath had been filling.
Lewis Young won't go anywhere. Highly rated. Re-signed a contract this year for 2 years
Didn’t Williams recently sign an extension?
Yup, thought he might have been on the chopping block but the re-sign this year tells me he isn't

Back