News Gone: Alex Keath wants to be traded to the Bulldogs

What will we get for Alex Keath?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What I don't get is the club have said we are rejuvenating our list and going to the draft, why is it so hard for people to understand that.
The same people are prob going about playing kids and now scream when we trade these guys out. Reality is we aren't coming from a position of strength in these negotiations. Just get the deals done, the players gone and get into rejuvinating/rebuilding. Yes more value would be great but it was never likely to happen.

Yep... so basically we got a second rounder for Keath. That’s ok.

Tend to agree

Not amazing but not horrible either

Our 3rd rounder next year after all the bids will be around pick 50 or so, so it’s a bit of an upgrade (minor) on 45

Effectively dogs 2020 second round + spare change

How far apart will the Bulldogs future 2nd and our future 3rd be?

Not far methinks

Somewhere between 6 and 15.

Points wise which is more relevant for next year for both us and the rest of the competition - looking at if we finish 18th, they finish 1 then 20 points, we finish 12th, they finish 6th then 350 points.

Yeah , it is too early to judge ... we already have a bunch of kids to play next year which is exciting plus 2 years of drafting to set up which we have done .
Has not been perfect but we have bunches of picks to shuffle around and utilize . Ooh and Jenkins and future 3rd for 37 .
Another “leaker” gone ! Caro will have to find another source. Will be interesting if she leaks BI’ll dogs stories next year!

Yep, we know the best of Greenwood or Keith would probably be top 10 in just about anyones BnF. But how can anyone play near the best in our state this year.

At least we are prepared to look stupid in these deals over the next 3 years.
You bag Tex at every opportunity but say Greenwood would be top 10 at any other club? Genuine lol, there’s a reason clubs don’t listen to supporters if this is how they rate players. This will keep me laughing for days 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You bag Tex at every opportunity but say Greenwood would be top 10 at any other club? Genuine lol, there’s a reason clubs don’t listen to supporters if this is how they rate players. This will keep me laughing for days 😂

Well, our fitness staff is hopeless, as was our coaching staff, and our structures.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Greenwood have a fantastic year this year. I don't rate him hugely, but he is a quality and dynamic footballer - we got stitched up in this deal.

Well, our fitness staff is hopeless, as was our coaching staff, and our structures.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Greenwood have a fantastic year this year. I don't rate him hugely, but he is a quality and dynamic footballer - we got stitched up in this deal.
He isn’t ever going to have AFL level fitness for a mid Kingy, move on (I know you won’t, but I can try).

We are trying to remedy all those issues which you listed with the changes this off season, can you ever see the positive in something?

Yep, we know the best of Greenwood or Keith would probably be top 10 in just about anyones BnF. But how can anyone play near the best in our state this year.

At least we are prepared to look stupid in these deals over the next 3 years.
Top 10. Lol. Only 1 of them was top 10 in ours. Both are too old to make a difference in our team once we're good again. Keath is not as good as lever or doedee. Greenwood has no tank or defensive running and is slow

Had no preseason this year. Was ranked 21st for contested possessions last year, 32nd ranked player on afl ratings, can play forward and take contested marks. Good thing youre not a talent scout

Probably looking mid second, still I don't know how to feel about it, on one side we have two future seconds to buy a first round pick this year, but we are acting like we are truly s**t scared about the risk of not obtaining everything in our NGA.

Does that mythical kid DJ75 mentioned actually exist? we've acted like it.
He definitely exists. If the very experienced recruiter is right and he comes on as expected he could be a top 5 pick quality.
Realistically we could have 3 top 20 picks through our NGA and father-son.

Back