Certified Legendary Thread Gone: Brett Burton and Scott Camporeale!

Remove this Banner Ad

I Understand this ....I'm certainly not naive ....but the Footy dept issues you refer to fall onto Fagan's shoulders ...given they report to him
Fagan is the man ultimatley in charge of the footy dept you are 100%

He is charge if the entire club

Mind you the board appoint him so if he fails it's them that appointed him

If he is useless then it's up to the board to move him on and get someone capable

As for those 7 board members that's the AFLs responsibility if they are doing their roles right all be it unpaid ones

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he is useless then it's up to the board to move him on and get someone capable

As for those 7 board members that's the AFLs responsibility if they are doing their roles right all be it unpaid ones

Would suggest off-field the club is performing well .....just need to fix the obvious blunders on-field

Depends on whether you're an optimist or pessimist

So far happy with the calls, club and players
They seem right with players and officials gone

Our issue going forward may be hiring the right staff to replace them

Or is the list in good shape or do we need a complete clean out as we haven't got a decent list

Only the next 2 or 3 years will give us those answers

As for existing staff what if campo goes to Carlton and the blues make top 4 and Teague compliments the work of campo does he have the last laugh and say it was Adelaides list that was the problem whilst he worked here

They seem right with players and officials gone

Our issue going forward may be hiring the right staff to replace them

Or is the list in good shape or do we need a complete clean out as we haven't got a decent list

Only the next 2 or 3 years will give us those answers

As for existing staff what if campo goes to Carlton and the blues make top 4 and Teague compliments the work of campo does he have the last laugh and say it was Adelaides list that was the problem whilst he worked here

My opinion ....list is in good shape, to rebound .....no skeletal players lost, but depth shot to pieces

If we get injuries next season, we will struggle big time .....a good run with Injuries will seee us 10th - 12th

Some good players in SANFL .....so optimistic

Last edited:
Yes 100%

But what are supporters interested in

giphy.gif

My opinion ....list is in good shape, to rebound .....no skeletal players lost, but depth shot to pieces

If we get injuies next season, we will struggle big time .....a good run with Injuries will seee us 10th - 12th

Time will tell on this one

My biggest concern is tex tbh and if fog can replace him

In 2017 the question was asked 3 hardest players in the team to replace the 4 most common names suggested were tex talia sauce sloane

Have they been replaced because all apart from talia are definetly on the downhill slope and talia could be soon

Time will tell on this one

My biggest concern is tex tbh and if fog can replace him

In 2017 the question was asked 3 hardest players in the team to replace the 4 most common names suggested were tex talia sauce sloane

Have they been replaced because all apart from talia are definetly on the downhill slope and talia could be soon

It's more a question for me, of replacing Jenkins ....can Himmlberg step up to that 2nd ruck role / KPF .....or is it 2021 (i'm a big fan)

Really want Sloane to go to HBF .....can we inject enough pace & size into the midfield

Can Milera get his head back into the right space for AFL

Still want Fog to play a support role, rather than be the focus of our attack

It's more a question for me, of replacing Jenkins ....can Himmlberg step up to that 2nd ruck role / KPF .....or is it 2021 (i'm a big fan)

Really want Sloane to go to HBF .....can we inject enough pace & size into the midfield

I would say Fog needs to replace tex he has been the main man for soo many years I think it's fair to say EH will not replace tex but fog could if not we are in for some pain

Sloane not sure on if he is on that downward slope he definetly struggled last year HB is a good option but he could be a liability there depending how the opposition play him

Talia although large and slow is still a gun he just positions himself fantastically and is the reason players like keath lever looked good

Why? Again name me the genius moves he has made since getting there.
Who knows, but you can't seriously think he's played no significant part in it.

If you do, then that's your problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About time, love it!

"- a change to the leadership of the football department with Head of Football Brett Burton to depart the Club

- a change to the coaching structure with Senior Assistant Coach Scott Camporeale to also leave the organisation after spending nine years in the coaching department"

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was Fagan in Charge of the entire club, Think Back to the Tippert fallout and how the board were forced to make changes to the Role of the CEO, and how and who they answer too.
Trigg was in charge of the entire Club back then.

Who knows, but you can't seriously think he's played no significant part in it.

If you do, then that's your problem.

So if you are there during a period of success, you must be partially responsible for it?

Why did we fire burton then? Surely he is partially responsible for our 2017 grand final appearance

So if you are there during a period of success, you must be partially responsible for it?

Why did we fire burton then? Surely he is partially responsible for our 2017 grand final appearance

It's why Burton survived 2018, and the camp.

I'm so confused by BF sometimes ...

Can Himmelberg step up and replace Jenkins? Did you watch the games where we played Elliot instead of Josh?
Sloane to HBF? We already have about half the squad that fit that role better than Rory.
Did you mean, can Milera be played in the right position?
Are you seriously wanting Fog to take a bit part? Why on earth would that be anyone's want? Fog is the future.

I suppose it's each to his/her own, but jeez louise !!

Partially of course, he was also partially responsible for the huge injury list in that season. What happened after that day is why Brett was fired.

Your argument is flawed, no biggie

For all the blame going towards Burton, Campo, Chapman and Fagan, Pyke was given too much leniency on this board.

Anyone could have coached that side in 16/17, as seen by how we played under Campo. We also had Teague and Pods around.

Pyke had our ball movement looking really crisp, but what did he really bring to the side? He was a shocking developer of talent and had no answers on game day. Even in 2017, as soon as the oppo sent a tagger to Sloane, we were stuffed. Coaches like Craig and Lyon at least brought something to the sides they coached, even if it wasn't all good. Pyke was just vanilla.

He was 100% getting sacked as a result of the review.

Our staff recruiting practices desperately need to change.

Everything I heard was he did,

It wouldn’t surprise me. Personally, my gut tells me that Fagan was pretty much isolated from decision making in the footy dept with Roo and Burto calling all the shots. This is actually my preferred structure, although it didn’t work this time. But if the head of footy reported directly to the board, then as long as Fagan is generating the surpluses to fully fund or even overfund where required, he’s quarantined from poor footballing performance. If we can’t fully fund the AFL mandated caps, sack the CEO, if we’re crap on field with no sign of improvement on the horizon, sack the Head of Football. Remove any opportunity of finger pointing between the 2 key roles.

Last edited:
Burton survived previously because there wasn’t an independent review.

This is a club who has a culture of not sacking anyone (bar head coaches), no matter how bad the transgressions. (Tippett, mind camps) We just move people sideways, or turn a blind eye.

It took a recommendation from an external review to fire Burton. Even though these issues were present the previous year.

Rewind just a couple of weeks ago, our people were saying Burton is all good, no need for many changes to staff, it’s insulting to suggest he got the job due to connections with Roo, trust us or go to port etc.

Then, the icing on the cake is that they claim that their findings were consistent with Dunstalls. Give me a spell.

Would suggest off-field the club is performing well .....just need to fix the obvious blunders on-field

I agree with that and I’ve been reasonably critical of Admin in the past. Having said that, I really don’t think Admin has been too involved in key footy decisions. Roo has run that show with the full support of Chapman and enough of the board. I know it’s not the published Org Chart, but the debacle that has been our footy dept, in my view, is dripping with Chappy/Roo/board involvement, not Fagan. Therefore, I think we still need to go after the board members that fully supported Burton to the point that an external review was necessary in the first place and that concluded actions obvious to even the great apologists of the AFC BF board.

If we get injuries next season, we will struggle big time .....a good run with Injuries will seee us 10th - 12th

Good, the last thing we need in a middling year is to get injuries and have the luxury of playing mid/early 20’s depth. These are opportunities to give 1st and 2nd round kids a crack for a few games even if they haven’t spent 2 years earning their dues. This has been a huge problem with our club and something that Dougie has inadvertently alluded to twice. First he said after Pyke’s resignation that, “he backed the senior players in”. Then he says about Campo that, “us senior boys, we love Campo”. He’s openly referring to a divide in the playing group and one that he’s obviously comfortable with and thinks quite normal. Selection has implied this culture existed throughout the club for years, but Richie is confirming what many of us have thought to be the case for ages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back