Certified Legendary Thread Gone: Brett Burton and Scott Camporeale!

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I do believe you need to add more to "is an Idiot", I believe arrogant should be used as well.
Well this was not aimed specifically at anyone, but if our supporters are idiots, and I am a supporter....well if the she fits. Yeah I am probably guilty of doing it also. But, gee Campo is an idiot

Stick by my comments 100%

Can Himmelberg step up and replace Jenkins? Did you watch the games where we played Elliot instead of Josh?
Yes I did ....and did you see him run out of gas after 6 games ....you expecting 23 games of high quality football from Himmelberg is th strange POV

Sloane to HBF? We already have about half the squad that fit that role better than Rory.
Sloane is very slow now after half time .....but he can still pressure at HB ...and release Smith & Milera into the midfield to add pace

Did you mean, can Milera be played in the right position?
No ...I mean't the right headspace ....I'm suggesting he may have been more affected by the Camp, than we realized ....he just wasn't switched on

Are you seriously wanting Fog to take a bit part? Why on earth would that be anyone's want? Fog is the future.
Because what you are suggesting is stupid .....making a 20 yo, with 14 AFL games ...th focol point of a fwd line ....talk about throwing a young player to the wolves

That's 2000's MELB & ST KILDA supporter talk
GaseousIncredibleJenny-size_restricted.gif

I'm so confused by BF sometimes ...

Can Himmelberg step up and replace Jenkins? Did you watch the games where we played Elliot instead of Josh?
Sloane to HBF? We already have about half the squad that fit that role better than Rory.
Are you seriously wanting Fog to take a bit part? Why on earth would that be anyone's want? Fog is the future.

I suppose it's each to his/her own, but jeez louise !!

Lots of promise, but lets not forget that HH fell off a cliff form wise after a few weeks. A bit of a question mark of being able too for 22 games, but it's promising.

I do love that he seems to be a threat on both the offensive, and defensive spectrum of the game. It's a trait I rate very highly in forwards. Though the big question is can he get fitter to make it a constant of his game.

I wouldn't knock Sloane as an intercepting defender as a rotation. It allows a Milera, or a Smith to get midfield time after all, and rotations are the key to having a powerful, multi faceted midfield. Sloane also needs a position to feed him easier ball when he's getting shut down by a tag, so it does hit two birds with one stone.

Milera does need to be developed as a midfielder, we need those tools to click, big time seeing the potential is there to be our number one. I would push him back when not, give him as much easy ball as possible to let his outside skills shine. Hopefully he stays fit all season.

I kind of get then notion of Fog being a bit part, though I think it is the wrong wording. I'd be setting up Fogarty to act as a deeper target along with someone else to give us a reliable final kick. A two person pagans paddock if you will.

No ...I mean't the right headspace ....I'm suggesting he may have been more affected by the Camp, than we realized ....he just wasn't switched on

You do realise Milera broke out in 2018 right?

The camp excuse is disingenuous, though I do believe Milera was impacted by both a shoulder injury that occurred at some point during the season (by memory) as well as being a victim of no clearly defined roles.

Truly one of the many losers of our coaches going full survival mode. Should have always been left to get easy ball on the half back line to let those outside skills shine, as well as getting midfield minutes when the coaches decide a Sloane/B.Crouch needed a rest.

Lots of promise, but lets not forget that HH fell off a cliff form wise after a few weeks. A bit of a question mark of being able too for 22 games, but it's promising. I do love that he seems to be a threat on both the offensive, and defensive spectrum of the game. It's a trait I rate very highly in forwards. Though the big question is can he get fitter to make it a constant of his game.
Himmelberg replacing JJ or Robert Harvey? Elliot competes hard, it's his natural instinct to make the contest. He is already ahead of Jenkins.

I wouldn't knock Sloane as an intercepting defender as a rotation. It allows a Milera, or a Smith to get midfield time after all, and rotations are the key to having a powerful, multi faceted midfield. Sloane also needs a position to feed him easier ball when he's getting shut down by a tag, so it does hit two birds with one stone.
Sloane to the forward half I can understand, but half-back to take the place of one of our young fast backmen with great kicks coming through? No thanks.

Milera does need to be developed as a midfielder, we need those tools to click, big time seeing the potential is there to be our number one. I would push him back when not, give him as much easy ball as possible to let his outside skills shine. Hopefully he stays fit all season.
Milera excelled at half back in 2018, he was moved around all over the joint in 2019. Settle him into his role and he will be fine.

I kind of get then notion of Fog being a bit part, though I think it is the wrong wording. I'd be setting up Fogarty to act as a deeper target along with someone else to give us a reliable final kick. A two person pagans paddock if you will.
Fog is the man. Build around him.

Himmelberg replacing JJ or Robert Harvey? Elliot competes hard, it's his natural instinct to make the contest. He is already ahead of Jenkins.

Not yet, JJ has consistent offensive production on his side. That said, if Elliot can develop that (or Frampton, if we decide to move Elliot to the backlines), then he'll be miles ahead of Jenkins due to being able to make a reliable contest in marking situations. After all, even a neutral result does allow more time for a defense to set up.

Himmelberg has all the icing of a devastating forward. He just needs the cake part.

The good thing with the recruitment of Frampton is he does have a similar profile to Elliot, which could allow a defensive switch if we want to creatively solve the issues we have with talls on the other side of the field.

Sloane to the forward half I can understand, but half-back to take the place of one of our young fast backmen with great kicks coming through? No thanks.

The big thing would be to give Sloane easy ball, and a way into the game. He'd also suit half forward, but another I'd be inclined to push back due to the amount of easy ball. Either works though.

As much as I do love what we're developing down back, a reliable method to get Sloane into the game is more valuable to us for this rebuild as a means to make sure we're avoiding the absolute depths of the table. One of the small amount of genuine match winners we do have.

The big thing is this acts as an easy path to push a Milera, Smith, even Doedee if we want to begin to explore that avenue in the back half of next year into the midfield to create those rotations we need to build a better midfield unit. Of course, Sloane forward opens up to Gallucci, or Jones coming into the midfield so it does give options regardless.

Milera excelled at half back in 2018, he was moved around all over the joint in 2019. Settle him into his role and he will be fine.

I agree, though I'd still persist with midfield minutes. That's where we need him long term. I wouldn't worry about the forward line though in the short to mid term. He's the closest thing we have to Shaun Burgoyne, use him like it.

Fog is the man. Build around him.

I think we're a season off this, however, in saying that, you do build around your KPF core in a way.

I'd be content with Fogarty living as a deeper target with the focal point being either Tex, or Lynch this year. Next year, either bring Fogarty into being that focal point with reversing Tex into a deeper role/trading Lynch, or bring in another forward to play that center half forward role.

We're in no real rush to develop him quickly now. Give him time to properly acclimatize to a season of AFL, get 35-40 goals then round out.

Last edited:
Sloane just needs to be on the wing. Full stop, the end.

I disagree. I'm not against some time on the wing, but Sloane does need a rotation that isn't in our midfield unit.

The wing isn't going to solve his issue of being tagged out of the game. After all, if hard running was the answer to Sloanes issues, we wouldn't be talking about him being tagged out of the game.

The problem firmly lies in that Sloane really is suited to being a number two midfielder in a unit, where his tools will absolutely torch anyone on him who is trying to go head to head against him, however is suspect to someone trying to shut him out of the game. Our big problem is Brouch is yet to step up into being that dominating leader of our midfield core, however, I'm actually quite optimistic of his chances of doing that this season should he stay healthy.

The other thing is Camporeale really had no idea how to prevent tagging, or instructing players to make the taggers life hell. Things that would help Sloane combat it.

Last edited:
Strangest outcome of the review in that the board and CEO were exonerated, this does not make any sense at all, ultimately they are responsible for this mess aren't they? Sounds like we are all being fed fertilser on that front, still hopefully the changes that have been made that are certainly needed, might be enough to help get the club back to where is should be.

I hope somewhere buried in the review report is the need for the board and CEO to take greater notice of what is going on, new club welfare head should be independently reporting to the board, not head of football.

As to the concerns about players, the whole world will change now in terms of our player management, don't worry about that, I think we will be much more supportive of playing a balanced side that does not expect too much from individuals, and enables them to be supported and hence get through the season better than we have seen in 2018/2019.

You do realise Milera broke out in 2018 right?

The camp excuse is disingenuous, though I do believe Milera was impacted by both a shoulder injury that occurred at some point during the season (by memory) as well as being a victim of no clearly defined roles.

Truly one of the many losers of our coaches going full survival mode. Should have always been left to get easy ball on the half back line to let those outside skills shine, as well as getting midfield minutes when the coaches decide a Sloane/B.Crouch needed a rest.
Have a feeling Milera was that 1-4 year player referred to at the camp ?

Have a feeling Milera was that 1-4 year player referred to at the camp ?

Regardless of if he is Milera broke out in 2018 which makes that point null and void.

Whether the camp impacted him or not, it didn't impact on field performance when it would have done so. Now, it may have played a role in fracturing relationships which came to the fore in 2019, but there is enough there to say our usage + shoulder injury did the damage to his season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of promise, but lets not forget that HH fell off a cliff form wise after a few weeks. A bit of a question mark of being able too for 22 games, but it's promising.

I do love that he seems to be a threat on both the offensive, and defensive spectrum of the game. It's a trait I rate very highly in forwards. Though the big question is can he get fitter to make it a constant of his game.

You do realise the dangers associated with agreeing with me

Strangest outcome of the review in that the board and CEO were exonerated, this does not make any sense at all, ultimately they are responsible for this mess aren't they? Sounds like we are all being fed fertilser on that front, still hopefully the changes that have been made that are certainly needed, might be enough to help get the club back to where is should be.

I hope somewhere buried in the review report is the need for the board and CEO to take greater notice of what is going on, new club welfare head should be independently reporting to the board, not head of football.

As to the concerns about players, the whole world will change now in terms of our player management, don't worry about that, I think we will be much more supportive of playing a balanced side that does not expect too much from individuals, and enables them to be supported and hence get through the season better than we have seen in 2018/2019.

Considering the review was never about the board, it's not particularly surprising.

That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if you see some people in the board quietly moved on in the next year or two as fallout. Or gives Fagan more confidence to act on football matters as I'm sure he was sidelined to a degree by Roo/Chapman.

Hi, I'm Brett Burton. Assistant Manager at Fitness First, West Lakes. Now I've trained the best of them, and I know what it takes to get you in the best shape possible.
There will be enough people impressed by him being a football player and working in an AFL environment that I'm sure someone will give him a shot. Hell, look at Ricciuto's brother, he makes his living selling real estate of the back of his famous last name.

So much is not what you know, but who and Burton knows people in Adelaide.

Regardless of if he is Milera broke out in 2018 which makes that point null and void.

Whether the camp impacted him or not, it didn't impact on field performance when it would have done so. Now, it may have played a role in fracturing relationships which came to the fore in 2019, but there is enough there to say our usage + shoulder injury did the damage to his season.
That’s not my view .... didn’t quite qualify for breakout in 2018

Should have been a breakout year this year .... injuries too often used as an excuse

I’m Mileras biggest fan .... but i’m not buying the excuses

That’s not my view .... didn’t quite qualify for breakout in 2018

Should have been a breakout year this year .... injuries too often used as an excuse

I’m Mileras biggest fan .... but i’m not buying the excuses

I don't know what Milera you were watching, seeing his last 7-8 weeks were very much a breakout.

21.78 disposals/358.67 meters gained/6.44 intercepts/84.6% DE% is a very productive line from a half back. Prior to that point you're talking 17.2 disposals/287.3 meters gained/3.8 intercepts/75.6% DE%. Breakouts are defined by when the production drastically increases, and right there you can pinpoint it happening.

Injuries are unfortunately a large factor of performance. It takes time to get confidence back in the joints after injuring, especially shoulders which can very much end up a lingering thing (I've had my fair share of them over the course of my life, there is definitely a mental battle with that body part). In terms of excuses, it holds much better then blaming a camp two years ago.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Brett Burton. Assistant Manager at Fitness First, West Lakes. Now I've trained the best of them, and I know what it takes to get you in the best shape possible.
I am switching to Anytime...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't know what Milera you were watching, seeing his last 7-8 weeks were very much a breakout.

21.78 disposals/358.67 meters gained/6.44 intercepts/84.6% DE% is a very productive line from a half back. Prior to that point you're talking 17.2 disposals/287.3 meters gained/3.8 intercepts/75.6% DE%. Breakouts are defined by when the production drastically increases, and right there you can pinpoint it happening.

Injuries are unfortunately a large factor of performance. It takes time to get confidence back in the joints after injuring, especially shoulders which can very much end up a lingering thing (I've had my fair share of them over the course of my life, there is definitely a mental battle with that body part). In terms of excuses, it holds much better then blaming a camp two years ago.
7-8 weeks is not a breakout season ... a season comprises 23+ games ... not 7-8 games

Fagan said on Friday:

“They’re tough decision on good people, but I think we know have the ability to set a really successful program and path forward. It’s not necessarily about those two as individuals, but it is about the need for change, particularly as we’ve got a new senior coach coming in. He now has the ability to put a new coach alongside of him of his own choosing.
“And then we felt as though the broader football department needed a freshen up.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Considering you were one of them, do you have any information supporting your claims

Well I'm a giant nerd who has been following esports for over a decade now, both in Australia and overseas.

I actually am friends with a few professional players in a couple of different games. I was briefly scouted by a SC2 team back in the first year it was out but ultimately didn't do anything with it because I thought it was a poor career move.

ESports is growing and extremely profitable in some areas, notably western Europe, North America and the richer parts of Asia (China, South Korea and Japan primarily).

Australia faces the same problem we do in many other sports, soccer, baseball, basketball and I'm sure a heap of others... if you're the best of the best you go to those countries where its huge because you can get paid an order of magnitude more over there than you can here. Our top level domestic teams in those games would likely get destroyed by most teams in the feeder leagues/B leagues in those countries.

We simply don't have the density to support a fan base that would allow a revenue to be generated to enable supporting the sort of salaries those other countries can.

If we were going to take the plunge into esport we should have bought a team in one of the esports hub areas. The fact they aren't located in Australia wouldn't matter given we aren't even using our esport team as a branding opportunity the way a club like the bombers are. It would have been a larger up front cost but with the possibility of generating a significant amount of real revenue.

By the way here's the complete league of legends history for legacy esport: https://lol.gamepedia.com/Legacy_Esports#Tournament_Results

They've only obtained a positive win to loss ratio TWICE in their past 10 leagues. For a grand total cash winnings of $8,000; No I haven't left a number off there, since 2017 they've managed to win eight thousand dollars. Do you think the Crows have spend more than 8k on them in that time?

Let's do the maths shall we?
5x players and 1x head coach. Lets be generous and say we're paying them minimum wage which is around $35k a year. that'd make wages alone of $210,000 per year or $630,000 since 2017. That's not including super btw. then there is the fact they all live in a gamer house, presumably paid for by the company, travel for appearance, uniforms, payouts for players that they've delisted and other expenses. I think it's very safe to say that at bare minimum Crows have outlaid at least $1mil on a team that has bought home $8k in prize money.

Do you really think a team with such a poor performance, in a league that gets very little in the way of average viewers is pulling in $992,000 in sponsorship over that time to break even?

That's just the league of legends part of the team, it is likely the other aspects are losing just as much money, making for a money sink of maybe $5-10 mil over the past 3 years. Imagine the sort of off field talent we could have attracted to the AFL with that sort of money, even factoring in the soft cap.

Last edited:
There will be enough people impressed by him being a football player and working in an AFL environment that I'm sure someone will give him a shot. Hell, look at Ricciuto's brother, he makes his living selling real estate of the back of his famous last name.

So much is not what you know, but who and Burton knows people in Adelaide.
Not sure if that’s fair, I knew his brother when he was in the car game, was a decent operator and good bloke. I imagine he would be decent real estate salesman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back