News Gone: Cameron Ellis-Yolmen to Brisbane on a 3 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Would 47 be too much or too few to obtain Billy Frampton?

Too much. 5 years, barely any games should be in the late 60s, early 70s.

Pick 47 in this draft...

Yes. It's like pick 47 in any draft.

We're long past the point of the cliff, and are either picking players with high upside but unlikely to reach it, or players who could probably contribute somewhere but will probably max out as role players.

Draft depth, and all those claims only matter for the top end. Even the strongest draft, you're still wading through a sea of mud at this point.

Yes. It's like pick 47 in any draft.

We're long past the point of the cliff, and are either picking players with high upside but unlikely to reach it, or players who could probably contribute somewhere but will probably max out as role players.

Draft depth, and all those claims only matter for the top end. Even the strongest draft, you're still wading through a sea of mud at this point.

I agree it's a largely nil value asset in any draft, made worse by this being a bad draft. So losing someone who has value for it isnt really great.

Why do we want late picks?

If a late pick for Jacobs helps us out with Frampton that’s not a bad outcome. Otherwise AFL would be likely to offer NIL compensation for Jacobs, GWS will offer some sort of pick as a trade so as to not affect their Tomlinson compo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Of course not. But if Crows think they’ll get nothing for Jacobs via free agency (highly likely) then some kind of pick is better than nothing. Especially if it provides the value port require for Frampton.

Look, if it has value in trade or whatever else, sure. I'm just not sure why it would hold that value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree it's a largely nil value asset in any draft, made worse by this being a bad draft. So losing someone who has value for it isnt really great.

He really doesn't have much value. He's been a permanent depth player for getting close to a decade, who finally found a niche in a game style that if the club had any common sense would be moving away from it as quickly as humanly possible, and also compounds one of our main issues of having our midfield being completely inflexible.

It is a victim of circumstance that he's going, but necessary seeing this list has well and truly hit its expiry date. Pick 47, even in a weaker draft, still offers opportunity to get another high risk/high reward type on our list. Worthwhile pursuing even at the lowered chances as it'll be a couple of years before we're in a position to try to set ourselves up as a near permanent fixture in the top 4-6 for a long period of time.

That said. Like Lyons who also found himself in a very similar situation at the end here, I hope he kills it at Brisbane. He's well and truly earned whatever good that comes out of that move for him.

Last edited:
Pretty incredible that Richmond gets pick 38 for a player that is moving for $3m and we get 47 for Cam. Pretty awesome result for a rookie. I still have no ******* idea how all this works if I am truly honest. Doesn’t quite make sense to me this one. How is he a UFA again considering we re-rookied him???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back