News Gone: Cameron Ellis-Yolmen to Brisbane on a 3 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s coming up with a win win

If getting Jacobs pushes their compo from 2nd to a 3rd rounder, what trade is that worth to them and is that better than the compo we would otherwise get
If they get s r2 compo, it would be possibly #37 or #38, reduced to r3 it would be #56 or #57, while they currently have #59**

So if they go ahead with Jacobs as a free agent, they'll have say #56 & #59 (352 points), or if they give us #59 they can end up with #37 (483 pts).

OTOH, if we got a r3 pick as compo, that would be #49 to us - that's if we get a compo for Sauce.

**Indicative draft order: An adjustment to GWS recognising deficit points used in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft (Kieren Briggs), offset by surplus points from the 2015 NAB AFL Draft (Jacob Hopper) moving GWS from third round (55) to fourth round (57)

Richmond p1ssing in the ear of the AFL unhappy with their compo..forgetting they got tom lynch as a free agent for nothing last year..you win some and you lose some

So like the Ninteenth picked of their 22.
He got quite a few wake up calls from selection.
Laughable.

Richmond p1ssing in the ear of the AFL unhappy with their compo..forgetting they got tom lynch as a free agent for nothing last year..you win some and you lose some
To me, that sounds about right. Ellis is not a star. Wells, Mayne and Vickery all had $500k offers back in the day which nabbed their previous teams second round compensation picks. Salaries have all gone up now. All I know is, Ellis is not worth a first round compensation pick.

It’s coming up with a win win

If getting Jacobs pushes their compo from 2nd to a 3rd rounder, what trade is that worth to them and is that better than the compo we would otherwise get

My query is more so: what's the win for us in all of this?

Yes it might be more convenient to GWS if we give them Jacobs for some non-value pick because it'll let them receive another benefit. So what?

Richmond p1ssing in the ear of the AFL unhappy with their compo..

It's what good clubs do- they always fight for their best interests.

Compare and contrast to our club's 'thank you may we have another' response to being pushed out of the third pick.

To me, that sounds about right. Ellis is not a star. Wells, Mayne and Vickery all had $500k offers back in the day which nabbed their previous teams second round compensation picks. Salaries have all gone up now. All I know is, Ellis is not worth a first round compensation pick.
I’m kinda shaking me head in disbelief.

Isn’t the way this Ellis FA deal and compensation has played out exactly what the intent of free agency was? Wasn’t it designed as an equalisation measure allowing bottom sized to lever out players from top teams, and the team losing the player getting some compensation to top up for the lost spot - and not necessarily the full trade value of the player being lost.

My query is more so: what's the win for us in all of this?

Yes it might be more convenient to GWS if we give them Jacobs for some non-value pick because it'll let them receive another benefit. So what?
If they get s r2 compo, it would be possibly #37 or #38, reduced to r3 it would be #56 or #57, while they currently have #59**

So if they go ahead with Jacobs as a free agent, they'll have say #56 & #59 (352 points), or if they give us #59 they can end up with #37 (483 pts).

OTOH, if we got a r3 pick as compo, that would be #49 to us - that's if we get a compo for Sauce.

**Indicative draft order: An adjustment to GWS recognising deficit points used in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft (Kieren Briggs), offset by surplus points from the 2015 NAB AFL Draft (Jacob Hopper) moving GWS from third round (55) to fourth round (57)

This is a pretty telling comment:

“They have a good culture which I can’t wait to be a part of”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back