News Gone: Cameron Ellis-Yolmen to Brisbane on a 3 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 24 with 79 AFL games under his belt, hard, tough competitor, bigger , heavier and quicker than CEY and more versatile, can play back or ideally suited to a run with role on the oppo's best midfielder. Upgrade on what Riley Knight's delivered the last couple of years.
Ideally you’d be asking for the other CC... Cedric Cox

Just Curious who he going to replace in the Brisbane Line up. Or are they planning on turning him into a forward.
It's a very strange move given they drafted two of the biggest mids in last year's draft in Ely Smith and Connor McFadyen along with two other highly regarded mid prospects Tom Joyce and Tom Berry. If I was one of those young mids I would be wondering what's going on.

Unrestricted free agent. Don't think there's any compensation. Probably not big money either. They're probably just offering more years at average wage.

Robertson comes the other way and plays the same role.

Good on Curly

Great story. Well done to Cam and well done to the crows for giving this kid a chance after his ACL. Very proud of this club in this particular case. As a result of our club a kid that could have easily been lost to the AFL will now have a full length AFL career. Could not be happier to hear he is getting four more years. Could not be happier it isn’t with us either lol. Genuinely like the guy but no way do I want him on a four year deal. Especially given we need to rebuild.

Wow! Four years for someone who has played 39 AFL games in 8 seasons. Just, wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just Curious who he going to replace in the Brisbane Line up. Or are they planning on turning him into a forward.

It’s only us that only runs 4 players through their midfield. Plenty of room for Cam. Plus he did kick 2 goals in each of his 2016 games when Thommo rested and he was played at half forward.

It’s only us that only runs 4 players through their midfield. Plenty of room for Cam. Plus he did kick 2 goals in each of his 2016 games when Thommo rested and he was played at half forward.
They've got plenty of options already playing in the NEAFL

Would have played more except we had a a heap in his position. Always had good SANFL form.
Just watch him play well next year.
I've always liked CEY. I was just taken aback with 4 years for a player that has been injury-prone and perennially overlooked. Good luck to him.

Cameron Ellis-Yolmen to Brisbane on a 4 year deal

ADELAIDE unrestricted free agent Cam Ellis-Yolmen will be the next Crow to fly the coop, when he accepts a four-year offer from Brisbane.

AFL.com.au understands the 190cm midfielder's teammates have known for weeks about the length of his impending deal with the Lions.

Ellis-Yolmen's played only 39 games in eight seasons but has proven a capable onballer who can perform run-with roles, and he averaged a career-best 23.5 disposals and 4.9 clearances in 2019.

The long-term deal fits with Brisbane's recent list strategy, including typically offering no less than three years – Luke Hodge excluded – to incoming recruits.

Ellis-Yolmen will renew acquaintances with Charlie Cameron and former Adelaide football boss David Noble at the Lions.

Hey Vader - I thought you said CEY was going to be delisted & no club would want him...

Wow! Four years for someone who has played 39 AFL games in 8 seasons. Just, wow.

It bemuses me that posters reference how many games our s**t show selection philosophy picked him for. Look at our recent fringe departures. Look at Doedee, couldn’t beat out a cooked Otto for a 3rd tall defending spot end of 2017. Maybe they should have gone after Mackay, he’s played 200+ games, must mean he’s worth a contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back