News Gone: Cameron Ellis-Yolmen to Brisbane on a 3 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s only us that only runs 4 players through their midfield. Plenty of room for Cam. Plus he did kick 2 goals in each of his 2016 games when Thommo rested and he was played at half forward.
Have another look at the Brisbane team they have some good junior coming into there midfield,
Again who he going to replace.

Have another look at the Brisbane team they have some good junior coming into there midfield,
Again who he going to replace.
Lions midfield 2019 was essentially comprised of Neale, Zorko, Lyons, McCluggage, Robinson, Berry. For relief, they'd then rotate some of their small forwards through the centre, especially McCarthy. CEY won't get picked ahead of those six, but could still slot in on the bench.

Good on Cam ....security of 4 years, he just had to snap it up .....will be disappointed now, if we lose Greenwood
We are clearly not handing out long-term contracts to non-elite players past 25. Greenwood is as good as gone. Anyone still think this isn't a rebuild?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are clearly not handing out long-term contracts to non-elite players past 25. Greenwood is as good as gone. Anyone still think this isn't a rebuild?
Its not a rebuild, in that our "A' class players are retiring ......Jenkins maybe an exception, but we're cleaning out the depth players

Unless you're saying Jacobs and Douglas are big losses???

Lions midfield 2019 was essentially comprised of Neale, Zorko, Lyons, McCluggage, Robinson, Berry. For relief, they'd then rotate some of their small forwards through the centre, especially McCarthy. CEY won't get picked ahead of those six, but could still slot in on the bench.
They are also getting in ah chee. Building nicely.

This one is the one I dislike the most of all the players leaving. Always had a soft spot for cey. Was gutted for him when he did his acl. Was a monster at the ball this year and I thought he was finally delivering on his capabilities. good luck to him.

I don't think we will have a choice, particularly if the Crouches do want to leave.
They won't be traded. Enough changes already happening. IMO, we won't be trading required, contracted players. Neither Crouch has come out and said "I want to leave".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back