News Gone: Cameron Ellis-Yolmen to Brisbane on a 3 year deal

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kind of hard to complain about 47 as compensation for a 40-game UFA.

Pick 47 is better than I was expecting (which was nothing).

Still not sure why we'd let him go but whatever. It's done now.

He'll be another Jarryd Lyons for the Lions. Great pickup for them

Because we didn't want to give him 3 years, I suppose.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did we receive anything for Sam Jacobs?

Has he even gone to GWS yet as a free agent?

Swapping Sam Jacobs for Billy Frampton would be ok.

Unlikely he’ll be going as a free agent. My money’s on us getting something like 70 very early in the trade period. Not sure what they’ve got though. My reading of the FA rules a while ago was that one in and one out resulted in no compensation as nett movement was zero. It’s only when you have a nett player loss that compo is considered. It’s contrary to a recent AFL article and the rules may have changed, reckon I read them about 3 years ago.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why do we want late picks?

Because we’ve got 3 under 22 or so and nothing till nearly 100. I think we’re already at the league minimum list size, so all the outs need to be replaced if that’s true. Having said that, we’re we sit in the famed premiership clock, we don’t need depth, so we might as well go about upgrading every pick we can. Or of this is a Kurd draft, trade into the next one.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pick 47 is the pick before our original 3rd round pick, that Carlton now have. Usually they give the pick after.

Is this our compo for ******* us with with pick 3 turning into pick 4 maybe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Again it better not be because our picks 21 & 26 also dropped to 23 & 28. I'd be demanding if i was adelaide that that start of 2nd round gifted to GC had to be used for greenwood in a stand alone trade...and it maybe that something like that happens

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kind of hard to complain about 47 as compensation for a 40-game UFA.

Because we didn't want to give him 3 years, I suppose.

Might imply the folly in using the games played per year listed method of valuing a player. We made out like bandits when we sold Lyons to GC and opening up a list spot by delisting Hendo was reward enough. Gee we’re brilliant, we get it so right.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
aaaa
Why do we want late picks?

Not so much late Picks, If all the Players quoted below leave, we will need 8 new players on the main lists and 2 on the rookie list to replace them
Alternately we Upgrade 2 rookie and then only need 6 main list and 4 rookies.
With Frampton being touted as 1 in, that mean 5-7 main listed players required, most would prefer we got these layers with picks under 50
Based on the following leaving the Club.
Otten, Douglas, Jacobs, Jenkins, Keath, Greenwood, Betts, and Knight, with rookie CEY and Hunter.
also based on the list of 38 main and 6 rookies.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
aaaa

Not so much late Picks, If all the Players quoted below leave, we will need 8 new players on the main lists and 2 on the rookie list to replace them
Alternately we Upgrade 2 rookie and then only need 6 main list and 4 rookies.
With Frampton being touted as 1 in, that mean 5-7 main listed players required, most would prefer we got these layers with picks under 50
Based on the following leaving the Club.
Otten, Douglas, Jacobs, Jenkins, Keath, Greenwood, Betts, and Knight, with rookie CEY and Hunter.
also based on the list of 38 main and 6 rookies.
Don't think there's a required minimum number of players on the rookie lists - clubs (without concessions) must have 38 to 40 players on the senior list and no more than 47 in total including cat A/B rookies. I think we could in theory just have 38 senior players but that would be silly to waste usable list spots.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Don't think there's a required minimum number of players on the rookie lists - clubs (without concessions) must have 38 to 40 players on the senior list and no more than 47 in total including cat A/B rookies. I think we could in theory just have 38 senior players but that would be wasting usable list spots.
We’ll have one less to pay outward salary.

Back