News Gone: Daniel Talia

Daniel Talia next year?

• Takes a year off, he’s a champ, he can do what he likes!

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Is drafted / signs to another team

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Goes undrafted / not signed to another team

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Signs as a coach somewhere next year

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would Richmond do us a favour and not just wait?

Agree, that's why it would be good if they were on the rookie list. They'd have a need to lodge under FA, otherwise they'd be waiting until 2022 to get the player to the club. That said, I've not considered all the rules, so perhaps they could get them to club earlier anyway.

Anything been said about him going to Essendon?

I know they are keen

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Would make a bit of sense if Hurley was still struggling too - not sure what his status is but I thought I saw someone mention he was considering retirement.

Interesting Talia has now admitted he was playing under duress and admitted he could have gone for surgery earlier last year. I wonder how this year would have turned out for him.

All I know if we get nothing for a 29 year old Talia that's pretty shitty. A year ago that would have been unheard of.

Interesting Talia has now admitted he was playing under duress and admitted he could have gone for surgery earlier last year. I wonder how this year would have turned out for him.

All I know if we get nothing for a 29 year old Talia that's pretty shitty. A year ago that would have been unheard of.
Shows we were going flat out to not come last in 2020, and still finished last anyway

Given the value place on leadership, it's weird that neither Talia or Lynch were offered anything. ******* Mackay had a contract in front of him.

We probably have the most intimate knowledge of just how cooked his body is, and if so we maybe didn’t want to even run the risk of us offering him a year and him just taking it anyway.

Just remember that if you don’t take an available player in the FA period then you run the risk of other clubs, and even their parent club, making an offer on a nee contract

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why would Richmond do us a favour and not just wait?

Probably they do just wait, although it’s worth noting Richmond already have 6 picks under 45 in this draft including 40 and 44 IIRC. Compo pick for Chol is band 4 at the earliest which is ~pick 40, band 5 would be ~50. Depending on how many players they’re planning to delist/draft etc, they may not give 2 hoots about that compo.

They’re also likely to lose CCJ which may give them another 1-2 picks in the top 30-40.

I think clubs like to get the player in ASAP, as much for the player so they can relax and make genuine plans, although not if it’s to the significant detriment of the draft hand.

Tarrant to Richmond on a two year deal. Presumably that means Talia won’t be going there. Given Tarrant is older and would’ve been harder to dislodge is it safe to assume that Richmond also didn’t think his body was right?

Richmond probably put off by the fact that he’d rather get on it at our BnF than put in the hard yards training instead. Oh wait….

Tarrant to Richmond on a two year deal. Presumably that means Talia won’t be going there. Given Tarrant is older and would’ve been harder to dislodge is it safe to assume that Richmond also didn’t think his body was right?

thats the obvious conclusion

but… it might just be that Talia’s body is still not ready and was seen as too much risk?

not to mention $$$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I posted it last year that I wanted to trade Talia before letting Hartigan go, for this reason.

thats the obvious conclusion

but… it might just be that Talia’s body is still not ready and was seen as too much risk?

not to mention $$$

I wonder if he regrets playing through injury to get to 200 games in 2020 yet.

It's looking like a pretty costly exercise.

Given the value place on leadership, it's weird that neither Talia or Lynch were offered anything. ******* Mackay had a contract in front of him.

Maybe Davey was playing on a low contract (say 200k), we appeared to have no trouble offering him a contract when we didn't need to for the last few years so it couldn't have been a big contract.

Talia's injury concerns must have been serious for the club to turf him in the first place. They didn't even give him the typical one year 'dead man walking' contract.

Talia's injury concerns must have been serious for the club to turf him in the first place. They didn't even give him the typical one year 'dead man walking' contract.

We probably offered him that contract and he decided he wanted better

Back