News Gone: Daniel Talia

Daniel Talia next year?

• Takes a year off, he’s a champ, he can do what he likes!

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Is drafted / signs to another team

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Goes undrafted / not signed to another team

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Signs as a coach somewhere next year

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It probably has something to do with clubs still wanting most UFAs to stay at their club even for a short/cheap contract

We don't want Lynch or Talia at all
Yeah, maybe their agents just wanted a definite answer.

You'd think we could have delayed if we wanted, though?

Very sad with the decision. I understand it from a list management point of view, but I would have loved to have seen him play another year and help mentor the young backline.

I think he definitely still has a year or too left in his body. If he can get that right then he would be a great addition to a contending team that is lacking a key defender.

Thanks for everything over your career Daniel, one of the best defenders we have ever had.
Agree with the sentiment, but for every game he plays next year, that's one less to Butts or Murray.

Of all the senior players, he is the one we can afford to lose the most. We've done it this year, and I don't recall a KPF getting a hold of us other than Darling for 30mins.

Talia is much loved, and much respected on and off the field

However its hard to disagree with the footy and list mgt decision

Talia obviously hasn't played this year, but he also hasn't trained for 18 mths

This is a footy industry that is judged on wins and losses, and at club level their is a salary cap and list spot that need to be managed

No matter our love for a player, we can't keep paying a player that can't get on the park and do their core job

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So what does this leave us with as far as experienced players goes next year, if we define experienced as 100+ games?

Crouch, Kelly, Sloane, Seedsman, Brown, Smith, Laird, Mackay. And no guarantee that Crouch Kelly and Mackay will be here, either, so that leaves us with only 5 100+ game players? That would have to be pretty close to the least in the comp?

While I'm all for rebuilding, there is such a thing as going too far towards inexperience. Need to target some experienced players in trade / free agency or it could end up looking like the early years of GWS, without the benefit of the draft concessions they had.

Strong melts on Facebook lol.

Imagine how they will react when Mackay goes in 2026.

Strong melts on Facebook lol.

Imagine how they will react when Mackay goes in 2026.
Casual supporters that have no concept of what a rebuild is as we've never done a proper one before

Fantastic decision, great decision, amazing decision.

Didn't expect this practical decision making from the club, it gives me hope that Mackay and Kelly will be yeeted too.

Sad for Talia, deseeved a flag. The crying on Facebook and Instagram is hilarious, these same people cheer losses and probably think the Crows are thereabouts at 17th on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird and Keays.

Brown down back.

Up forward we're going to struggle imo.

Like I've said in the past, 2023 is the earliest we'll start looking at the 8 again. Next year will be another tough one.
Keays has been here 2 minutes, wouldn't consider him a leader/vet.
Laird is getting there but still only 26.
Brown barely gets on the park.
Kind of proved my point that the options are pretty thin if not non-existent right now for some leadership/poise in the side.
Not that I think is necesserily a bad thing throwing the kids to the wolves, like some people believe, you have to be thrown in the deep end to really swim.

Fantastic decision, great decision, amazing decision.

Didn't expect this practical decision making from the club, it gives me hope that Mackay and Kelly will be yeeted too.

Sad for Talia, deseeved a flag. The crying on Facebook and Instagram is hilarious, these same people cheer losses and probably think the Crows are thereabouts at 17th on the ladder.

Yep totally agree. The casual Crow fan that sees individuals over the success of the club they are supporting i can't stand.

I want throats slit if it means geniunely contending for a flag.

I wish we'd known when it was his last game. Deserved a send off.

Back