News Gone: Daniel Talia

Daniel Talia next year?

• Takes a year off, he’s a champ, he can do what he likes!

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Is drafted / signs to another team

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Goes undrafted / not signed to another team

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Signs as a coach somewhere next year

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fergus watts looks completely different from what I remember him looking like!
He started a hugely successful agency after he retired and would be earning more now than he ever would have if he made it as an AFL player.

Unrelated, but I still can't stand David Gallagher, even to this day.

Can we re-sign Talia for 2 years then immediately trade him to Geelong for their 2022 first round pick?

I wonder how low he's prepared to go to keep playing? If he gets what you'd expect him to demand, we could still get band 3 for him. Best bet is a Roos type side with cap to burn and needing leadership. Should get $600k x 2 there, assuming blitzes medical.

He started a hugely successful agency after he retired and would be earning more now than he ever would have if he made it as an AFL player.

Unrelated, but I still can't stand David Gallagher, even to this day.
Wasn’t there another blonde forward that made an app or something like that? From memory he came from kangaroos?

I think you mean Brad Moran, he developed an app for pre-ordering coffees at cafes before it became a mainstream idea.
NoQ. Used to use it quite often as the local coffee store started using it, so could have my coffee ready by the time I walked in.

He's still doing alright for himself, he left NoQ and started up a online advertising company which he's the CEO of that eventually signed up a bunch of huge retail chains in the US and got bought up by some huge multi-billion $ French advertising company.

Nicks' thank you to Talia in his speech tonight weirdly shorter than those to Lynch and Mackay...
Though Talia was so great for the club it feels like he was less invested in the team (or Nicks felt he was) than the other two this year. Bit weird given how much he helped Butts before this.

Though Talia was so great for the club it feels like he was less invested in the team (or Nicks felt he was) than the other two this year. Bit weird given how much he helped Butts before this.

Poor tals didn't realise the Rule of Two applies to AFC fullbacks and his apprentice would eventually oust him.

Talia should talk to Sauce about continuing his career, see how that turned out for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talia should talk to Sauce about continuing his career, see how that turned out for him
Would be funny if Talia also ended up at GWS replacing Davis... again.

To be fair, Talia has been playing injured for years and held up mostly ok the back half of last year with that torn meniscus that caused him a lot of grief. If he's over whatever his foot issue is and with a year off from his body being battered, there's no reason he wouldn't feel better going into this preseason than he has for ages.

I wonder how low he's prepared to go to keep playing? If he gets what you'd expect him to demand, we could still get band 3 for him. Best bet is a Roos type side with cap to burn and needing leadership. Should get $600k x 2 there, assuming blitzes medical.

Are we likely to get anything at all for him or Lynch? We've pushed them out, everybody knows we're not offering them contracts, so surely they'll both just get picked up as delisted free agents after we cut them? I assume under that situation we get nothing, regardless of the size of their new contracts?

Are we likely to get anything at all for him or Lynch? We've pushed them out, everybody knows we're not offering them contracts, so surely they'll both just get picked up as delisted free agents after we cut them? I assume under that situation we get nothing, regardless of the size of their new contracts?

If they're signed as free agents at a high enough level, we will get compo. If no one signs them as free agents, we then delist them and they can go to clubs via the delisted free agent and supplementary selection periods.

Realistically, it's a flip of the coin when he would be signed. Due yo his injuries, some clubs may want to see him training before they offer him a list spot. At the same time, if there's more than one club showing interest, they may choose to sign him during the free agent period to lock him in, if he's shown them enough by then.

It's either a pick around 40 or it's nothing, so not a massive deal either way.

We got something for crouch and everyone (except kelly)knew we weren’t recontracting him ;)

NoQ. Used to use it quite often as the local coffee store started using it, so could have my coffee ready by the time I walked in.

He's still doing alright for himself, he left NoQ and started up a online advertising company which he's the CEO of that eventually signed up a bunch of huge retail chains in the US and got bought up by some huge multi-billion $ French advertising company.
Yes I totally forgot CitrusAd, they are also quite widely used in AU these days also.

Back