News Gone: Eddie Betts traded to Carlton for 2020 4th Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that people think that it is a good idea list management wise. I get that. Fair enough too. I agree that it is.

But Eddie was the heart and soul of our club. He got bums on seats. People who don’t even like footy, know Eddie Betts.

You don’t trade a contracted club legend for a nothing pick AND pay part of the salary. Not happy.

Wish him all the best. Best part of going to Adelaide Oval was knowing he was going to do something ridiculous from his pocket. A great entertainer and a magnificent role model for the Indigenous community. Thanks Ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a sad day for the club when you lose a superstar. Shame we didnt get to give him a farewell game. Ive enjoyed the eddie betts show. We move on.

Not a fan of this.

We've just handed over one of the game's great indigenous talents and small forwards to mentor Carlton's young team, essentially for free
Hang on, you would’ve blasted the club next year if he kept getting games at the expense of youth, which you know would’ve happened. It also frees up cap space, win win.

Thank you for everything eddie! one of the genuine good guys in football. deserves every accolade

I hope he is given life membership for all he's done for the crows, he deserves it. he stands alone with modra in being able to whip a crowd into a frenzy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back