News Gone: Eddie Betts traded to Carlton for 2020 4th Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Bottom four is a lock.

My take is we'll be finishing 15th at worst and about 10th at best - there's still a lot to go under the bridge regarding how the players will gel with the new coach/senior assistant, it was clear throughout the second half of this season that the team collectively gave up.

2011 was a horror season and it's hard to see how we'll do much worse than that.

My take is we'll be finishing 15th at worst and about 10th at best - there's still a lot to go under the bridge regarding how the players will gel with the new coach/senior assistant, it was clear throughout the second half of this season that the team collectively gave up.

2011 was a horror season and it's hard to see how we'll do much worse than that.

That's about my take. Same results, but at least you can feel much more optimistic about it.

I doubt it.

I think we will be better than this year and we weren't bottom 4 then. How much better remains to be seen.

I think our list has too many players either past their best (Tex, Sloane, Lynch, Gibbs), too raw (Jones, Fog, Hamill, Ned) or just not that good (Atkins, Hartigan, Murphy).

Going to take time for that second group to be able to contribute consistently.

I think our list has too many players either past their best (Tex, Sloane, Lynch, Gibbs), too raw (Jones, Fog, Hamill, Ned) or just not that good (Atkins, Hartigan, Murphy).

Going to take time for that second group to be able to contribute consistently.
I see it as we will get the same out of most guys, and guys like Fogarty, ROB, Jones and a couple others will improve.

Plus the new coach bounce.

I reckon we will be a similar ladder position.

I see it as we will get the same out of most guys, and guys like Fogarty, ROB, Jones and a couple others will improve.

In any case, it's all about the long game.

Really want to see Ned play in R1. He's just got that something as a player. Will be a crowd favourite in no time.

What
Thanks, but I don’t really venture out to the rest of BigFooty too much. I dont mind if other people post it if they find somewhere else that’s suitable.
Thats a shame, others should link it then.

The initial deal was made after we made a GF.

Jan 2017, so just before the grand final appearance.

All in all, I'm not too critical of that deal. It helped with our best shot, which was the main purpose. We just blew a prolonged shot with some horrific mismanagement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, just watched Eddies interview. Very measured. Didnt want to say a bad thing about the Crows. But, you could just tell by the look on his face and they way he was speaking he has had a massive weight lifted from his shoulders.

Faark I'm deflated.

Easily?

He clearly doesn’t want to be here.
Maybe. I always got the feeling the Crows were never against the idea. I think he was of an age profile the club accepted was going to hurt us long term. I don’t ever recall the crows coming out and saying he is a wanted player and we will do everything we can to keep him. It always felt although we didn’t push him out, we were happy to open the door for him.

He retires a Blue not a Crow, that is how so. Therefore the boys then are in Melbourne and grow up Carlton supporters, not Adelaide ones.

Just like Judd’s lads will also play for Carlton instead of West Coast for the same reason.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He has stated numerous times that once he finished playing he would be going back to Melbourne anyway

So this leaves Murphy is our leading high flying forward target

Hopefully we're able to work out a structure that sees us kick ball high towards tall person.

If we keep Hart, I'm not particularly hopeful of that occurring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back