News Gone: Hugh Greenwood traded to Gold Coast for 2020 3rd, 4th round picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1970crow

Hall of Famer
Jun 7, 2011
alice springs
AFL Club
Adelaide
another shit trade to add to the Reid list.
My list is 3 trades;
Lyons - rated as fringe by coaches and list management and sold as fringe to a club willing to use the PSD
Gibbs - rated as A grade by coaches and many here, potential missing piece to go one better in 2018 and word is Reid told to “get it done”. Smacks of political interference to my eye. Us shitting the bed completely makes it a worse trade, cheers Burto.
Greenwood - chose unders ahead of the principle of PSD. I’d have been happy with PSD, would have sent a message to the league and Dogs, but Reid is just the sharp end of the LM committee. They chose something for next year’s bidding over a principled nothing.

I get why people are disappointed in the result, but this trade with the Suns was never going down any different. It was sideways pineapple or zilch and I guess they decided the pineapple has use once extracted.

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide
My list is 3 trades;
Lyons - rated as fringe by coaches and list management and sold as fringe to a club willing to use the PSD
Gibbs - rated as A grade by coaches and many here, potential missing piece to go one better in 2018 and word is Reid told to “get it done”. Smacks of political interference to my eye. Us shitting the bed completely makes it a worse trade, cheers Burto.
Greenwood - chose unders ahead of the principle of PSD. I’d have been happy with PSD, would have sent a message to the league and Dogs, but Reid is just the sharp end of the LM committee. They chose something for next year’s bidding over a principled nothing.

I get why people are disappointed in the result, but this trade with the Suns was never going down any different. It was sideways pineapple or zilch and I guess they decided the pineapple has use once extracted.
there is no "principle of PSD" when the club has the first pick, there is just giving them the player for nothing. They don't learn any lessons, they get something for free with absolutely zero worries it will go any other way.

For Bulldogs and Keath I would have no problem with us sending him to the PSD if there is no more than a late pick on offer, as Dogs will have to sweat that no other club picks him up, but Suns wouldn't have sweat if we sent Greenwood to the PSD, they would have celebrated an even greater victory.

GrommoT

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
For Bulldogs and Keath I would have no problem with us sending him to the PSD if there is no more than a late pick on offer, ...
Suns would finally get their man ... for free!

I think probably why we'll trade Keath for what's acceptable to Reid & co, or Keath accepts a deal to remain with us.

All_In

Rookie
Jul 17, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

GameofSloanes

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not sure why this myth keeps getting perpetuated. They don’t add up to a ‘Pick’ in the mid 20’s, they add up to the points value of a pick in the mid twenties, no one in their right mind would trade the picks we got for a mid twenties pick. What is massively disappointing is that those two picks could be shifted back 5-10 places each next year, after PP’s, NGA’s and FS selections who are in the top 20.

Seeing as Dogs are trading 32 to Saints, who’ll probably get a 3rd round sweetener, that’ll leave their other two shitty 3rd rounders to throw at us, and if today’s trade with Greenwood is anything to go by, I’d say we’ll take it.

I really hope Reid has something up his sleeve in regards to getting another quality player in from GWS, Maybe give Jenkins and P4 to Melb for P3 and really take GWS to the cleaners. Make them feel like they’ve no option but to offer Hately up.

Devasted the Port have now managed to get picks again right in the zone of a player we want, last year Rozee, this year Gould.

We lack imagination at this time of the year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No. We need the points next year for a father son and nga player. Both of whom could be first rounders. It has nothing to do with what the picks are its not a myth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sanders

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
No. We need the points next year for a father son and nga player. Both of whom could be first rounders. It has nothing to do with what the picks are its not a myth
We don’t need picks at all, and In fact can’t be used for matching purposes if we have more picks than open list spots

Top Bottom