News Gone: Hugh Greenwood traded to Gold Coast for 2020 3rd, 4th round picks

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
No, when we go into trade negotiations with other teams, do you reckon we say? Ok we’ll take this s**t sandwich pick from you, because when we work the discount out, it’s actually less of a s**t sandwich? Come on mate, this is a terrible deal whether you’re looking at NGA/FS

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JAYZUZ !!!

He's a decent player who was worth better than two late future picks in a compromised draft.

Staggered that the Crows powerbrokers have accepted that deal, would have been better to take a young emerging player instead.

The only saving grace is we're likely to be a key player as to why that draft is compromised with two kids in our academy who are looking very promising.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
have to be honest .... how is Reid still at your club? he's actually worse than the bananas we had at my club before SOS ... who, lets be honest owns Reid.
Not sure about that, no one in their right mind would trade 4 for 9 & 19 or what was 3 for 8 & 19

FantasticShirt

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2010
Melbourne + Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thought about this a bit more and while it’s a little bit undervalued him it’s nowhere near as bad as some on here are making it out to be.

As any decent analysis of Greenwood has nailed that he’s an inside mid with a limited tank and no ability to play a second role (except occasionally up forward). If we were trading Crouch I’d keep him to help bolster our midfield over the coming years while new recruits develop. We are obviously planning on keeping Crouch so Greenwood struggles for a midfield spot.

We wanted list rejuvenation and we are getting it. The picks help us with the F/S and NGA picks so their position in the draft is mostly meaningless, provided they equate to enough points to get us the players we want.

have to be honest .... how is Reid still at your club? he's actually worse than the bananas we had at my club before SOS ... who, lets be honest owns Reid.

Jog on *******.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
We would have been far better keeping Greenwood and Keath compared to what we got for them at the trade table.

If we wanted more list space just delist Mackay.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Thought about this a bit more and while it’s a little bit undervalued him it’s nowhere near as bad as some on here are making it out to be.

As any decent analysis of Greenwood has nailed that he’s an inside mid with a limited tank and no ability to play a second role (except occasionally up forward). If we were trading Crouch I’d keep him to help bolster our midfield over the coming years while new recruits develop. We are obviously planning on keeping Crouch so Greenwood struggles for a midfield spot.

We wanted list rejuvenation and we are getting it. The picks help us with the F/S and NGA picks so their position in the draft is mostly meaningless, provided they equate to enough points to get us the players we want.

Jog on *******.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure about that, no one in their right mind would trade 4 for 9 & 19 or what was 3 for 8 & 19
Sos the mastermind knew that Bolton would get sacked at some point and that GC would get those concessions.

Would have been 2 for 8 and 19 if not for those strokes of luck.

That's without even mentioning that we imploded half way through the year.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sos the mastermind knew that Bolton would get sacked at some point and that GC would get those concessions.

Would have been 2 for 8 and 19 if not for those strokes of luck.

That's without even mentioning that we imploded half way through the year.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesn't take a genius to see Bolton was getting sacked at some point during the year if they were looking at another spoon finish.

Nor does it take a genius to realize our club had huge issues lingering under the surface from the previous year which were going to surface at some point

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Jog on *******.
Yeah , we painted ourselves into a corner so we were never going to extract full value on every move in this years draft .

We have cleared some decent salary cap space in one hit and have a clear direction moving forward to rejuvenate the list .

Fair judgement is only likely to be realized at the end of the draft period in 2020 .

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
We would have been far better keeping Greenwood and Keath compared to what we got for them at the trade table.

What did we get for Keath?

I'll go and put some $ on it for when it is officially announced tomorrow

MemoryLane

Team Captain
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

The fact that you cannot see that SOS has murdered your list potential is amazing. How about that shopping list of s**t ins. Carlton on the up is down to Cripps and Teague. Halfway through this year you looked doomed. Your saving grace from yet another s**t trade is your board moving on the coach.

Nothing about SOS is impressive.

You need to find an iron bar if you actually think because that level of stupid is dangerously bad for everyone.

Dogga79

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
So basically Greenwood buys us points for next years F/S and Next Gen boys. I know I’ll be happy next year when we go to the draft, but geez short term but this hurts. Hugh is a good average player, and from the outside sounds like a really nice bloke. You can’t help but wish a player like Hugh all the best

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
A bit of tyre pumping, with very dark glasses on, take them off and have a better look a bit early with your call, one swallow doesn’t make a spring

FantasticShirt

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2010
Melbourne + Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

mackay would be on chump change and a 1 year contract. Greenwood and Keath were offered reasonable contracts on 2-3 years. They got offers from interstate for longer and more money.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Love the highlights Hugh brings, but he just couldn’t sustain this for long enough at afl level here, hopefully finds success at the Suns. Need to start using McAdam in his role up forward instead and Galucci/McHenry through the midfield.

And in a completely unexpected shock, well known independent thinker BACCS has shaken Bigfooty to its core by defending the indefensible and declaring the club got it right. Again!

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
What is this about him not being best 22?

He played 22 games in 2018, missed the first 4 weeks of 2019 coming back from an injury, then played from round 5 right through to round 18 where he was dropped once and brought back four rounds later

Looks like a best 22 player to me, if not very close to it. No different to Rory Atkins

It’s just TSR again doing what he does

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Doesn't take a genius to see Bolton was getting sacked at some point during the year if they were looking at another spoon finish.

Nor does it take a genius to realize our club had huge issues lingering under the surface from the previous year which were going to surface at some point
If they hadn't done that pick trade, who is to say they would have sacked bolton as they would have been eyeing off rowell at seasons end when they easily could have finished last

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

Nah, injuries...everyone had us as top 4 and one of the premiership contenders at the start of this year (you must have been one of the few "genius", I guess you made a killing if you were a betting person) and luckily Bolton wasn't sacked too early.

Might as well have given him the extra year if that’s all we’re getting

What a crappy deal.

We must be the only club GC looks forward to dealing with in trade week

The other thing to note is you can accept a crappy deal here if we had a kid in our reserves who we're planning to pump games into, just to clear the path for him so to say. We don't have that seeing we lack young big bodied midfielders.

Like, I get the whole "get picks for next year" thought process because if this NGA hype materializes, we (and a few others) are going to be in for a hellish time scrounging points, but initially, I'm with you, I would have rather retained Greenwood.

Back