News Gone: Hugh Greenwood traded to Gold Coast for 2020 3rd, 4th round picks

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s just TSR again doing what he does
88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.png

another s**t trade to add to the Reid list.

My list is 3 trades;
Lyons - rated as fringe by coaches and list management and sold as fringe to a club willing to use the PSD
Gibbs - rated as A grade by coaches and many here, potential missing piece to go one better in 2018 and word is Reid told to “get it done”. Smacks of political interference to my eye. Us shitting the bed completely makes it a worse trade, cheers Burto.
Greenwood - chose unders ahead of the principle of PSD. I’d have been happy with PSD, would have sent a message to the league and Dogs, but Reid is just the sharp end of the LM committee. They chose something for next year’s bidding over a principled nothing.

I get why people are disappointed in the result, but this trade with the Suns was never going down any different. It was sideways pineapple or zilch and I guess they decided the pineapple has use once extracted.

My list is 3 trades;
Lyons - rated as fringe by coaches and list management and sold as fringe to a club willing to use the PSD
Gibbs - rated as A grade by coaches and many here, potential missing piece to go one better in 2018 and word is Reid told to “get it done”. Smacks of political interference to my eye. Us shitting the bed completely makes it a worse trade, cheers Burto.
Greenwood - chose unders ahead of the principle of PSD. I’d have been happy with PSD, would have sent a message to the league and Dogs, but Reid is just the sharp end of the LM committee. They chose something for next year’s bidding over a principled nothing.

I get why people are disappointed in the result, but this trade with the Suns was never going down any different. It was sideways pineapple or zilch and I guess they decided the pineapple has use once extracted.

there is no "principle of PSD" when the club has the first pick, there is just giving them the player for nothing. They don't learn any lessons, they get something for free with absolutely zero worries it will go any other way.

For Bulldogs and Keath I would have no problem with us sending him to the PSD if there is no more than a late pick on offer, as Dogs will have to sweat that no other club picks him up, but Suns wouldn't have sweat if we sent Greenwood to the PSD, they would have celebrated an even greater victory.

Not sure why this myth keeps getting perpetuated. They don’t add up to a ‘Pick’ in the mid 20’s, they add up to the points value of a pick in the mid twenties, no one in their right mind would trade the picks we got for a mid twenties pick. What is massively disappointing is that those two picks could be shifted back 5-10 places each next year, after PP’s, NGA’s and FS selections who are in the top 20.

Seeing as Dogs are trading 32 to Saints, who’ll probably get a 3rd round sweetener, that’ll leave their other two shitty 3rd rounders to throw at us, and if today’s trade with Greenwood is anything to go by, I’d say we’ll take it.

I really hope Reid has something up his sleeve in regards to getting another quality player in from GWS, Maybe give Jenkins and P4 to Melb for P3 and really take GWS to the cleaners. Make them feel like they’ve no option but to offer Hately up.

Devasted the Port have now managed to get picks again right in the zone of a player we want, last year Rozee, this year Gould.

We lack imagination at this time of the year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No. We need the points next year for a father son and nga player. Both of whom could be first rounders. It has nothing to do with what the picks are its not a myth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have kept both Greenwood and Keath to keep the intensity standards high for the younger players coming through.
Shame about Greenwood. I still can't understand how the club didn't have room for 1 of 2 on the list going forward. Keath I wasn't as concerned about.

Have read a couple of times now that Pyke didn't rate him. The more time that goes by, the more I realise that Pyke was just as complicit in the state the club is now

Shame about Greenwood. I still can't understand how the club didn't have room for 1 of 2 on the list going forward. Keath I wasn't as concerned about.

Have read a couple of times now that Pyke didn't rate him. The more time that goes by, the more I realise that Pyke was just as complicit in the state the club is now
Hugh's want of a 4 year contract was the main reason, nothing else.

Hugh's want of a 4 year contract was the main reason, nothing else.
I know. However we've got so many other players of age that don't and won't need to be on the list in a couple of years he never struck me as a 'straw that'd break the camels back'

I know. However we've got so many other players of age that don't and won't need to be on the list in a couple of years he never struck me as a 'straw that'd break the camels back'
Josh Jenkins, Eddie Betts, Richie Douglas, Scott Thompson and......Rory Sloane, just maybe we've seen the light?

That was one area Neil Craig did get right during his time.

Josh Jenkins, Eddie Betts, Richie Douglas, Scott Thompson and......Rory Sloane, just maybe we've seen the light?

That was one area Neil Craig did get right during his time.
He got 3 with a trigger with GC. I was pissed at the time Thompson was given another year, and we essentially lost Lyon as a result. I have no qualms about Betts, CEY, Jenkins and Keath. Jacobs was a no-brainer.

Douglas was starting to fall over, just like Mackay is this year. I'm still astounded they gave Mackay another year. He couldn't pick the ball up off of the deck the last few weeks, just kept tapping it forward hoping it'd bounce up into his lap. Reminiscent of his goal square display against Melbourne in Alice Springs last year.

Greenwood on 3 with a trigger could've been easily managed.

Thor was inconsistent and wasn't worth giving a 4-year deal too at the time. I still stand by it being the right call for him to leave, the bad part was what we got for him.

That’s what happens when, as a midfielder, you’re forced to play predominantly forward.

As things turned to s**t, we pumped more and more midfield time into the Crouches and hasn’t that worked out dandy :D

He got 3 with a trigger with GC. I was pissed at the time Thompson was given another year, and we essentially lost Lyon as a result. I have no qualms about Betts, CEY, Jenkins and Keath. Jacobs was a no-brainer.

Douglas was starting to fall over, just like Mackay is this year. I'm still astounded they gave Mackay another year. He couldn't pick the ball up off of the deck the last few weeks, just kept tapping it forward hoping it'd bounce up into his lap. Reminiscent of his goal square display against Melbourne in Alice Springs last year.

Greenwood on 3 with a trigger could've been easily managed.

Lyons was lost because we preferred to back in Matt Crouch as our long term slow, inside contested ball “Thommo replacement”.

At the end of the day, Lyons, similar to Matt Crouch, is a great cog in the right set up. In the wrong set up, the midfield struggles and their place gets questioned.

Lyons was lost because we preferred to back in Matt Crouch as our long term slow, inside contested ball “Thommo replacement”.

At the end of the day, Lyons, similar to Matt Crouch, is a great cog in the right set up. In the wrong set up, the midfield struggles and their place gets questioned.
I understand that. The point is we lost a serviceable mid because the club chose to give another year to Thompson, who played 1 more very forgettable game.

Lyons could still on our list and taking a bit of the heat. Or traded out like everyone else last year

I understand that. The point is we lost a serviceable mid because the club chose to give another year to Thompson, who played 1 more very forgettable game.

Lyons could still on our list and taking a bit of the heat. Or traded out like everyone else last year

But that’s just it, it wasn’t Lyons vs Thommo. That doesn’t make any sense. Lyons was effectively out the door anyway. We had too many slow, inside mids moving forward, irrespective of whether Thommo was around or not. We just didn’t have the guts to make a move on Thommo when we should have, Lyons we didn’t care so much about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back