News Gone: Josh Jenkins and 2020 3rd traded for pick 37

Where will Joshua end up?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of us see him as backup - the need of which was shown when Hawkins was suspended for the prelim and we had to play a defender (Henderson) forward in his role in our biggest game of the year.

I’ve never liked Jenkins as a player or as a person based on his public persona, but this is clearly worth a free hit given we gave up a draft pick we wouldn’t have used (and got back a similar pick in 2020 draft) and we’re paying him a below average salary.

To be honest I’m really surprised Collingwood didn’t go for him. Their fast ball movement and the bigger ground at the MCG.... I think he would have been clearly their starting KPF, a massive upgrade on Mason Cox and potentially kick 50+ for them next year. I can only assume their cap is at bursting point hence them offloading Aish.

Hes good for you as you need a new whipping boy, your board will go thru so may emotions next year when or if he plays

Can't even be bothered to thank the Crows supporters on the way out

Just love the fact that he had to keep it brief ... and then explain that .
I mean an airport and tired baby could have been quite the story .
GO JOSH !

Was talking to one of the players the other day (in person)
One of my mates asked who the shi*est bloke at Adelaide was.. He said Jenkins.
Not a crap bloke but pretty weird and arrogant so would be bad to be around. Probably not a bad thing after the review

Jenkins said the main reason he left Adelaide was for more football opportunities but acknowledged his vocal nature - especially in regard to the club's issues - could have strained relationships at the club.

no way...

Jenkins said the main reason he left Adelaide was for more football opportunities but acknowledged his vocal nature - especially in regard to the club's issues - could have strained relationships at the club.

no way...

In the interest of presenting a counter argument...

I’ve never been fully aboard the Jenkins-bashing. Certainly not upset to see him go but I acknowledge not many players consistently put 40 through the big sticks and across a playing list there will be some s**t blokes. Just like any workplace there will be some people that rub you the wrong way.

I did find the comment interesting about the strained relationship due to him speaking up. Would it cast him in a different light if it turned out that he bloody loves the club and wanted the best and was very very vocal about Burton being a cancer in the club?

Now I have no idea what’s happened, but just maybe he wasn’t prepared to cop Burton’s s**t without voicing a strong opinion. May have lead to his exit and a soured relationship with the club; but maybe he was championing our cause all this time???

In any event, for the first time in two years I feel something other than disgust and embarrassment about the crows. Onwards and upwards.

I don't understand why Geelong wanted him. They are slower than us moving the ball up the ground and drive from HB.

He thrived when we played that quick HB counter game where he could win the ball by running toward goal. In terms of bang for buck he is great value for a team who can move the ball like that.

Geelong don't play like that.

I thought he was a perfect fit for the Doggies or Essendon.

It does seem a bit like his mate Paddy D asked the cats to throw him a bone. Will be interesting to see how Jenkins goes there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was talking to one of the players the other day (in person)
One of my mates asked who the shi*est bloke at Adelaide was.. He said Jenkins.
Not a crap bloke but pretty weird and arrogant so would be bad to be around. Probably not a bad thing after the review
And yet they voted him into the leadership group. 😳

I’ve never been fully aboard the Jenkins-bashing. Certainly not upset to see him go but I acknowledge not many players consistently put 40 through the big sticks and across a playing list there will be some s**t blokes. Just like any workplace there will be some people that rub you the wrong way.

I did find the comment interesting about the strained relationship due to him speaking up. Would it cast him in a different light if it turned out that he bloody loves the club and wanted the best and was very very vocal about Burton being a cancer in the club?

Now I have no idea what’s happened, but just maybe he wasn’t prepared to cop Burton’s s**t without voicing a strong opinion. May have lead to his exit and a soured relationship with the club; but maybe he was championing our cause all this time???

In any event, for the first time in two years I feel something other than disgust and embarrassment about the crows. Onwards and upwards.
There's ways to go about these things. Using it to boost your own platform for a post playing career isn't the actions of someone who loves a club they're playing for.

And if he is going to do that, then he should only speak for himself, not on behalf of others.

I think if he had been vocal about Burton being an issue (ass hat) at the club, we all would have been on the Jenkins train.... Woo Woo.

BUT, he sounded like an entitled twat when he went back to the SANFL.

Don't leak to Caro and co. without backing it up, otherwise it looks like a rat.

Could you imagine if more players had been vocal about the issues, we could have gone early on the review!

For me, frustration has always been level of effort. Look at Rory Sloane - gets 100% out of the physical tools he has to work with.

Then look at Jenkins, who has an elite combination of size-strength-speed-agility. This guy could be a monster that tears sides apart if he had Sloane-like will to go 100% at every contest.

For me, frustration has always been level of effort. Look at Rory Sloane - gets 100% out of the physical tools he has to work with.

Then look at Jenkins, who has an elite combination of size-strength-speed-agility. This guy could be a monster that tears sides apart if he had Sloane-like will to go 100% at every contest.

Couldn’t agree more, glaring deficiency.

But everyone has a diff personality .....Scholl & Hamill are not Sloane clones either ...each player brings their own strengths ....but what is the non-negotiable, is playing to a team structure & coaches instructions

Last edited:
But everyone has a diff personality .....Scholl & Hamill ar not Sloane clones either ...each player brings their own strengths ....but what is the non-negotiable, is playing to a team structure & coaches instructions

Personality sure, but surely level of effort is a non negotiable also?

Back