News Gone: Josh Jenkins and 2020 3rd traded for pick 37

Where will Joshua end up?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying he'll get a game this year, but isn't he on the injured list at present?

He's always injured when he has to play reserves. Will probably make a miraculous recovery the next time Hawkins gets suspended for belting someone.

He's always injured when he has to play reserves. Will probably make a miraculous recovery the next time Hawkins gets suspended for belting someone.

I think Gran needs to have a chat with Chris.

wonder just how much of his salary we are paying?

cant get a game for a decent side, was a regular fixture for ours.

funny old game isn’t it

If he brings them down from the inside, is it money well spent?

wonder just how much of his salary we are paying?

cant get a game for a decent side, was a regular fixture for ours.

funny old game isn’t it

I mean he is currently on Geelongs injury list...

Not that I expect him to get a game when healthy (although it is Geelong), but probably gone a tad too quickly on that.

When you had a club willing to part with decent assets to get JJ it was a silly, if inexpensive move.

But KPF/2nd ruck is a genuine role in every game, you need 1. The connector is only useful in adding some icing to the cake, it's a % building role in games we were going to win anyway. Great when we're winning, useless when we're not. JJ is the same, but he was up first and we had no viable alternative and once he was signed, Lynch shouldn't have been. We'd have done ok trading Lynch too and if Pyke and Burton hadn't shat the bed, JJ contract wouldn't have been too bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't a big Jenkins fan even at his best although I thought generally he did his role okay.

I do feel like he was blamed unfairly for some of the player cultural issues at the club. There were plenty of players last year unhappy including many still at the club who were happy to sit back and let someone else fire the shots.

I think alot of the times when he spoke up at internal meetings he was only passing on what a number of others were thinking who weren't in the Tex/Sloane club.

I don't feel sorry for him but I do feel he was a scapegoat.

I wasn't a big Jenkins fan even at his best although I thought generally he did his role okay.

I do feel like he was blamed unfairly for some of the player cultural issues at the club. There were plenty of players last year unhappy including many still at the club who were happy to sit back and let someone else fire the shots.

I think alot of the times when he spoke up at internal meetings he was only passing on what a number of others were thinking who weren't in the Tex/Sloane club.

I don't feel sorry for him but I do feel he was a scapegoat.
Can see what your saying. He did actually score goals which is what he was there for. The club mishandled everything, esp the camp. Having said that the guy clearly leaked and had an agenda against pyke .. who backed in the boys and our poor performing mids.. at everyones expense. His probably where he deserves to be atm. Hopefully he has learnt his lesson.

How this flog manages to somehow keep popping up in the media conversation when he's in the reserves/injury list is a big clue to what really motivates him.

Hint: it is not leading hard towards the ball carrier and attacking the contest to bring the ball to ground and create opportunities for smaller forwards.

Back